Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ademink_gw

HAVE: Gardening Cat for Pickup Only - Indy Area (Pic Heavy)

ademink
17 years ago

Yes, "cat" really does mean cat! We have a WONDERFUL stray cat that has been our "outdoor kitty" for about 4 months now. We absolutely love him but he needs a home where he can be a lapcat and get a lot of attention. It's not safe for him to live in urban Indy dodging cars, dogs, etc, and we can't take him in (5 indoors already...it's really not as gross as it sounds..LOL).

He is a young black and chocolate brown male - under a year, I'd say - with a wonderful personality. He is great with kids, comes when you call him, loves his belly rubbed, follows literally on your heels while you're in the yard - like a little fluffy dog! When I dig holes in the garden, he gets in and digs with me like we're looking for gold (hilarious!).

He needs to be neutered, needs shots...the works. All of his medical needs (including testing for all things known to cats) can be taken care of at F.A.C.E. clinics in Indy for under $75.00.

This is a WONDERFUL cat and must go to the right home. I don't want him just thrown outside and ignored. He is loving and attentive and needs owners that are the same.

He has very long hair, and is a very long, sleek cat with big fluffy paws. He currently eats Iams food. LOL I think he would do ok in a house w/ other female cats or maybe (?) neutered males....I really don't know. He currently fights w/ the male tomcat in the neighborhood...but they are currently both un-neutered males so that's not a surprise.

I live in Indianapolis and am looking for a local(ish) person only - no shipping. ;)

If you are interested and have question, please email me!!! Please don't be offended if I ask a lot of questions back...I want to find the best, safest home for Kitty Boy and am highly attached to this little fella. :)

Thank you!

Andrea

{{gwi:168329}}

{{gwi:168331}}

{{gwi:168333}}

{{gwi:168337}}

{{gwi:168338}}

{{gwi:168341}}

{{gwi:168343}}

{{gwi:168345}}

{{gwi:168347}}

Comments (19)

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Awww...he looks very healthy and happy! Your right though, he can't stay outdoors all the time. He needs a good home, plus all his shots, including heartworm preventative.

I have a black cat that looks almost exactly like him (but has shorter hair), if I were closer, I would take him.

If you don't find a home for him, possibly check a few cat rescues (no kill of course). I know in Illinois there are a few 'kitty cottages' where unwanted strays will have a home for life, if they don't get adopted.

He deserves a good home, he's such a sweetie, good luck!

Deb

• bizzarbazzar
    17 years ago

Gosh we left indianapolis 4 years ago. If we were closer we would take him. We have 3 indoors and an outdoor stray that we are trying to find if he has a home so we can adopt him. I would hate to see a small child loose their cat because their parents are ignorant and leave a cat outside. I am a cat fanatic. Well good luck finding him a home....If not....6 cats isnt bad at all....

• doggonegardener
    17 years ago

Kitty Boy is a stud muffin! He's so handsome. Too bad I am in Wyoming. You should know that you can list Kitty Boy on the internet on Petfinder.com in their classifieds section all on your own. It might help him find that purrrrrfect home. I don't know if Petfinder charges a fee for this service. I doubt it...they make their money from their advertisers. Check it out. I hope he gets a wonderful home. He is quite handsome.

• bizzarbazzar
    17 years ago

Has he found a home yet? I surely hope so

• ademink
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Believe it or not, NO! He's sleeping outside on the patio chair as we speak. WHERE ARE YOU, PEOPLE??? LOL

• rustyjoints
    17 years ago

I want your garden instead. Wow, it is fabulous! Beautiful!

I live in Brownsburg but I already have 4 cats here. I will ask around though. I do have a friend who lost a black kitty a couple of years ago. It had cancer or something. I will give her a call and see if she is interested. She lives in the Bulter area.

• ademink
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Awww, thanks for the compliment!!! :)

Please do check with your friend - he is an amazing cat. The whole neighborhood is in love with him! The girl down the street holds him upside down like a baby (precariously, may I add) and he just flexes his paws and purrs!

I hope it works out. Nonetheless, thanks for checking!

• daisiesdream
    17 years ago

Hi, I just happened on this post while browsing around. I have a friend who lives in Avon. She works with the animal shelters in the Indy area. She rescues cats and adopts them out to good homes. I'm sure she could help you find a good home for your handsome fella. If you are interested please email me and I'll send you her contact information.

Lynn

• ademink
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Lynn,

Thank you so much for your reply!!! I would love her information, thank you SO much! The longer I have this beautiful boy, the pickier I'm getting about where he'll live. LOL

Thanks again,
    Andrea

• bizzarbazzar
    17 years ago

Any luck on finding the kitty a new home?

• jeanr
    17 years ago

can you update those of us following this story?

thanks, jean

• ademink
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Jean! The latest update is that I just fed Kitty Boy breakfast. LOL I decided a couple of weeks ago that he is NOT going to a shelter, period. I will find him a home. I have a single (very nice) 40something guy who is coming to see him this weekend. His mutual female friend is a cat fanatic like me and she said this guy would treat him like a king. I'll let you know what happens. (And if he leaves, I will be depressed for a year. LOL)

• ademink
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Well, just a quick update! The man who was supposed to take KB seemed to keep dragging his feet on coming to see him. He told his friend he is "undecided" so I will decide for him. NO, thank you very much. LOL

Kitty Boy in the backyard today:

{{gwi:170653}}

• rose4mom
    17 years ago

KEEP HIM ...HE LOVES YOU SO MUCH ...SHOWS IN THE PICS>>>>Sue in LA

• bizzarbazzar
    17 years ago

He definately belongs with you! He loves you!!!! I think he found a home (with you)

Heather

• ademink
    Original Author
    17 years ago

We love him too but I love him enough not to make him have to sleep outside in the winter. :( I don't know what to do w/ him.

• pfllh
    17 years ago

Andrea, does he stay in your yard? If so, do you have an outside storage area where you could put a small space heater to keep him warm and a bed? Could you make him a kitty door? What about a back area of the house, like a laundry room or mud room where he could stay away from the other cats?
    I rescue both dogs and cats. I'm down to 8 dogs and now up to 8 cats as I just took in another one. He's a grown male and has been neutered and declawed. I caught the people putting him out beside the road, we live in the country. Of course they denied it. I could just strangle people like that. Being declawed, there is no way he could have protected himself.
    I've had to rearrange animals so many times. If I were closer he could stay here. I have 2 that are outside and they have a bed in the storage room by the carport with beds and a small heater. Of course we don't have winters like you.
    I hope this works out for you. You may want to check for a feline rescue group in your area and they may be able to help.
    Lynn in Alabama

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Any updates? Has Kitty Boy found a home?

Deb

• micke
    17 years ago

If you still have your kitty, let me tell you, they can stand to be outside in the winter, I had tons of cats when I was a child on a farm and as long as he has some kind of shelter (a doghouse with a blankie would work) he will be fine. the only worry I have would be if he leaves your yard he could get hit by a car (that really sucks, had one ran over on a country road)
    wish I lived nearby, my mother has a farm with a nice big barn with LOTS of bails of hay for them to get into.