Return to the Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: glass vases or bottles

Posted by chassidysmommy z 6/7 (melissa.clements@sbcglobal.net) on
Sun, Jul 2, 06 at 1:01

I'm looking for glass vases or bottles with an opening of 1 inch ( between 3/4 and 1 1/4 would be okay). They can be the cheap vases you get with roses from the grocery store. It's for a project for our children who have lost siblings support group. They will be making hummingbird feeders for our healing garden. I'm having troubles finding them locally for a reasonable price. (We have a very strict and limited budget.) I have some seeds, and some plants available, as well as a ton of other items. Let me know what you're looking for and I'll see if I have it. My trade list is way out of date, so I can't promise I have it, but asking never hurt!

Please help us out! Thanks a million,
Melissa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: glass vases or bottles

I have about 10 vases such as this. Do you have any rooted bannana cuttings or lobelia. I am also not a picky trader. Let me know what you have, I would like to help.

o

try the local hospital and nursing homes- they keep some, but throw a lot of these away

o

When I needed a large amount of bottles i went to the redemption center ( in Iowa we get paid to recycle, not sure if this is the case in your state) They sold them to me for the dime that they would get and there were lots to choose from. I run a children's garden in Belmond and would love to know how you make these feeders and any other ideas for children's projects. good luck with the project!!
mary

o

Try thrift stores. You can get them around .50. Maybe lower. They usually have a ton and all different kinds.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here