Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
specialmn1

WANTED: masses of Amsonia Hubrechti in exchange for mass plantin

Mary4b
10 years ago

I would like to do a large trade with 1-3 people this fall.
I would like to plan it ahead and execute it in the fall when planting time is right. Plus, some of the things that I have to share won't look nice again until spring...aka pulmonaria, ostrich ferns, etc. However, if you want to transform an area, I may have enough for you to do it....the plant that is a WOW here that I have to offer is geranium macrorrhizum...google image it. It's my #1 favorite perennial for 3 season interest, ease, and weed control!
I need about 10-15 shovel fulls of Amsonia Hubrechtii. It's the only thing I need or want (i'm actually downsizing, no need to send freebies, or anything like that...)

I have lots of these four plants...enough for huge mass plantings across a full size of your house:
geranium macrorrhizum
hosta fortunei aureomarginata
ostrich ferns
sorbaria sem (this is a great groundcover shrub, but it spreads, so not for contained areas, great for problem areas)

The geranium macrorrhizum: This looks beautiful in full or part shade (including dry shade) and can also take full sun in the right places. I have it in full sun now because I lost a tree. It looks decent if it gets enough water. It has a pine scent if touched, and is the easiest ground cover I know. About 12" in mid-season. Not invasive, yet a fast grower and super easy to transplant or pull out where you don't want it. Blooms dark pink in early June and is one of the first things to green out and make your early spring garden look nice. Has red fall color, too. Gets about 1 foot high...but you can mow it down if you want and it will leaf out again, a bit shorter. Check Google Images for it and you'll see how great it is for mass plantings. This plant can transform a problem area in one season and I have a ton to share with you. The roots are nearly on top of the ground, which means you can pull it out with your hand and share it with a friend. It doesn't even need water to get home.

I also have some:

peonies, which I WOULD dig and share if someone has a lot of amsonia to share, but otherwise it's too much work

some named hostas (stained glass, elegans, more)

monarda

more stuff....If you have lots of amsonia to share, let me know and we can see if there's something else I have here that you would like.

I really only want to do trades for what I need, thank you, as my time is limited in the fall.

Here is a link that might be useful: geranium macrorrhizum