Return to the Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wanted: have: mixed variety iris bulbs (mostly bearded)

Posted by cardarlin 5 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 4, 10 at 0:15

So heres the thing. We bought our house 7 years ago. I believe at one point in time a nice older lady lived there and was an avid gardener. Up until this spring I had no interest in keeping up with the flowerbeds and they have all taken over. For some reason now... I have a strong desire in gardening and am fully enjoying myself. So I'm tackling the largest Iris bed I have ever seen. I like irises but there are just too many. I have LOTS.

The only problem I have is that I don't know the variety. I can describe the colors but because they are mixed in together I have no idea which bulb is which.
They are Purple, Yellow, and Purple/beige tu-tone bearded irises. So 3 varieties. I have tried searching online to pinpoint the type but have had no luck.

I am interested in Perennials, Houseplants, Seeds, and Greenhouse supplies. Just let me know what you have for exchange. Shoot me an email.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Whoops!

Sorry... disregard the title.. I meant to check "HAVE" It's past midnight... I'm very sleepy.

Reposted.. thanks.

o
RE: wanted: have: mixed variety iris bulbs (mostly bearded)

do you have any of the dwarf variety 6 to 8 inches i would trade for any type noid if they are rock or mini iris i grow in containers mostly. i am new. check my list of haves. it is short

o

I would be interested in a trade for some of your iris if they are still available. Please check my trade list and let me know.
Thanks, Pat

Here is a link that might be useful: My trade list

o

Cardarlin, if your offer is still available, I would like to trade. I have Comfrey, Lamb's Ears (large and small), Ajuga, Shasta Becky, Salvia Black and Blue.
Thank you. Please e-mail me.
Natalie

o

I would love to trade for some of your bearded irises. I have pathos cuttings, geranium cuttings and plants, and several types of vegetable seeds. Please let me know if you're interested. I will have lots of hollyhock seeds later in the summer, after they bloom.

My email is balletstef@att.net. I'm sorry, but I can't seem to change my email address on Gardenweb.

Thanks,
Stephenie

o

i would love one of your bulbs if they're still there! I have jalapeno, banana pepper, strawberry, lime, lychee, orange,and coming soon, blood orange seeds.

o

Do you have any iris left from last year and also checking your trade list. have a few things you may want to trade for.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here