Return to the Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wanted: have: large chicken feeders / pickup only, central pa

Posted by clarysage1717 s.central pa z6 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 10, 05 at 14:31

This would be a pickup only, so if you're not willing to come to the Harrisburg area, please save yourself the time and skip this message!

I have some metal chicken feed troughs on wooden stands in my barn loft. They are large, ugly, old, and practically inaccessible, stuffed behind a lot of junk. I have no motivation to get them out of there unless someone wants to trade something for them. I do not know how to post pictures on the forum but I could email a photo or more specific measurements if anyone is interested. I believe there is potential (besides feeding chickens!) for these to become interesting planters.

I am interested in swapping for bamboo poles (not plants) or any long (6' or longer), thin (3-4") tree trunk / sapling pieces I could use to build arbors. I also need plastic gallon pots, garden tools, boulders, bricks, stones suitable for wallbuilding, exterior paint in bright jewel-tone colors (not neon shades) or (possibly) architectural salvage items. If you have any other weird old stuff, I could be interested.

Anyone who wants any of these trough feeders (there's several) has to be willing to help get them out of the loft! There's stairs; it's just going to be awkward.

katie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wanted: have: large chicken feeders / pickup only, central p

Duh. It should read HAVE. I could swear I didn't type the word WANTED, but there it is. Sigh.

katie

o
RE: wanted: have: large chicken feeders / pickup only, central p

Katie, just an idea, but if you still have them and there the big trough type they do make interesting planters for flowers in the spring time. I have some and there great that way.

Sandy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here