Return to the Native Plant Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: large spring trade...april -may

Posted by missa z5MA (wgplantlady@aol.com) on
Sat, Feb 11, 06 at 21:29

Hi there! I am looking to make a few large trades! I have several wants. i was lucky enough to trade with some generous traders last spring but i fear the plants i got might have died. a family member has fallen Ill and i was the one whom had taken car of him and i feel that my neglect in waterings may have killed them. so im starting over this year. i am in need of some large trades for woodland plants. Ive already purchased a good number of plants off of people on e bay but there are still soooo many plants i want and im hopeing to trade for them insead of buying them. here are some of my newer wants that may not be on my list just yet:
* Mayapple
* Jack in the pulpit
* yellow bells
* TURKS CAP (not michigan lily)
* wild blue phlox
* Trillium~ yellow, pink and purple
* Fire pinks
* here are more from my list:
~~~ NATIVE/WOODLAND/SHADE~~~~
* Early Meadowrue
* Verbascum, 'Jackie' or make an offer
* Rosy twisted stalk, Streptopus Lanceolatus
* Swamp Candles, Lysimachia Terrestris
* Hardy beard tongue
* Apocynum Androsaemifolium, (Spreading dogbane)
* Viola Sororia "rubra"
* Viola Conspersa ( dog violet)
* Viola Sastrata
* Viola Rotundifolia
* Trailing Arbutus
* Greek valerian (polmonium Reptans)
* Linnea Borealis (Twin flower)
* Lg. purple fringed orchid (Plantanthera Grandiflora)
* Green fly orchid (Epidendrum Conopseum)
* Lg. tway blade (liparis liliifolia)
* Small whorled Pogonia (Isotria Medeoloides)
* lady slippers, any but i already have pink.
* Trillium Undulatum (painted trillium)
* Trillium Viride
* Virginia meadow beauty, Rhexia Virginica
* Scarlet Pimpernel (Anagallis Arvensis)
* Purple prairie clover(petalostemum purpureum)

Some of the plants i trade for will also be donated to a non-prof organization called the opacum land trust at which they protect endangered species and land in my surrounding area. Each year I donate plants for their annual plant sale. so lets make a trade and help me as well as the cause!

Also If someone out there doesnt have the plants im looking for i may consider a trade for CLEAN nursery pots that are black preferably green is ok too. Quart sized up to 2 gallon size. For a few of my plants....im not sure whats fair to trade for these so lets talk. Should anyone have any pots available for shipping let me know IM INTERESTED! I must have more pots to put the plants in that i am to donate! Lg plastic drinking cups just wont cut it! Thanks everyone! PLEASE SEE MY TRADE LIST FOR THE PLANTS I SHOULD HAVE COME SPRING! Missa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: large spring trade...april -may

Hello,
Do you have any terrestrial orchids? Which pink one do you speak of? I also have many erythronium species such as E. oreganum and americanum and rostratum. I have an abundance of Trillium ovatum. I also have hundreds of dk green 6"x5", #3 and #1 pots, but I fear the cost of shipping from Washington State would be prohibitive.

The following are plants I would like to obtain to complete my species' garden:
* lady slippers (what is your pink species?)
* Trillium Undulatum (painted trillium)
* Trillium Viride
* Lg. purple fringed orchid (Plantanthera Grandiflora)
Jerry

o
RE: WANTED: large spring trade...april -may

Hi I have tons of mayapples, how many would you be looking for?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Native Plant Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here