Return to the Native Plant Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Wanted: Winecup, Skullcap & Others

Posted by gonativegal Zone5a (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 19, 07 at 12:48

Hi,

I'm looking for the following plants:

Clustered Winecup - Callirhoe triangulata, or the other species involucrata (Purple Poppy Mallow)

Skullcap - Scuttellaria incana. There are other species out there but I am looking for this one in particular.

Celadine Poppy is on my wish list as well.

I have for trade:

Wake Robin's Trillium - Trillium erectum
Solomon's Seal - Polygonatum biflorum
Canadian Anenome - Anenome canadensis
Woodland Brome Grass - Bromus pubescens
Canadian Wild Rye Grass -
North Sea Oats - Chasmanthium latifolium
Zig Zag Goldenrod - Solidago flexicaulis
Stiff Goldenrod - Solidago rigida
Grass-leaved Goldenrod - S. graminifolia
Common Mountain Mint - Pycnanthemum virginianum
Nodding Onion - Allium cernuum
Ohio Spiderwort - Tradescantia ohioensis
Orange Coneflower - Rudbeckia speciosa (the species not the cultivar Goldstrum)
Brown-Eye Susan - Rudbeckia triloba
Wild Golden Glow - Rudbeckia lancianata
False Sunflower - Heliopsis Helianthoides
Wild Geranium - Geranium macultum
Wild Senna - Cassia hebecarpa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Wanted: Winecup, Skullcap & Others

Oops,

I forgot to add - I am looking for any of the native sedges such as:

Carex bicknelli, stricta, greyii, pennsylvanica, rosea, vulponoides and any others you can think of, I know there's more.

o

I have a few seeds of callirhoe involucrata harvested last fall that you can have for postage and a return address envelope if you'd like. Send me an email if so.

kms

o

I have Celandine Poppy that I can trade for something of yours. My plants are just a few inches out of the ground and should be able to travel well. I might have Scutellaria incana (I need to verify that is what I have already) later in the season.

o

I have some Callirihoe plants if you are still looking. lmk
Tommie

o

i have a very interesting skullcap, s. parvula, which runs on a rhizome that looks like a string of cheap white beads. it is rather invasive, and should probably be kept in pots over concrete. i put it into really good dirt years ago, and have it everywhere. beautiful pink flowers in spring, smooth mint-looking plant, about 12 inches tall. if you are interested, i have plenty.

o

• Posted by moko z6AR (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 28, 07 at 20:38

If your still interested in Carex pennsylvanica, my woods is full of it, they love shade, the clumps are about 9 in. tall and the same wide..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Native Plant Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here