prickly pear

royal catchfly

sky blue aster

smooth aster

southern prairie aster

Comments (10)

• christie_sw_mo
    13 years ago

You might have better luck posting in the Plant Exchange Forum. It's more active. You may get some replies here as well though.

I was going to email you but you don't have a link set up on your memeber page. I wanted to let you know that the annual Naturescaping Symposium is coming up (a week from today) at the Nature Center in Springfield MO in you happen to be near that area. Vendors bring lots of native perennials to sell. I've been a couple times in the past and there was a big selection and reasonable prices. I think around $3.00 for most pots. I'll post a link below.
    If you decide to go, get there early. They'll have speakers, but you might want to shop first before everything disappears. I think there will be a few shrubs, but mostly perennials if I remember right.
    Hope it's ok to post this link here. I'm not a vendor, just a shopper. I need to post a link in the Ozarks forum too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Naturscaping Symposium

• ozarkgrower
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hey thanks for the info and the link. I will be there.

• nuthatch_mo
    13 years ago

That symposium is given by Grow Native. I attended the one a couple of weeks ago at Burr Oak Wood in Blue Springs it was very good. The plants are from Missouri Wildflower Nursery out of Jeff City. They have wonderful plants. I think he had everything on your wanted list, also If there is something you really want you can call and he will make sure he has it.

• amandaesq
    13 years ago

Hello:

I have these species from your list:

black-eyed susan (R. hirta (plants and seeds) and R. fulgida (plants))

passion flower (seeds)

I would love to trade for some of your starts:
    golden currant
    american beautyberry
    hazelnut (american filbert)
    witchhazel
    serviceberry
    spicebush

I have a giant list of native plants and seeds I put together for trade on another site if you are interested.

Keep me posted.

~Amanda

• ozarkgrower
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hey Amanda-
    I would like to see the list.

May have to wait a bit on the golden currant. I think I let the roots dried out or they just haven't leafed out yet. I don't want to send you dead ones. But I have the others.

• ramon_
    13 years ago

I have prickly pear if you are still interested in trading.

• JamesY40
    12 years ago

do you still have any spice bush available?

• ozarkgrower
    Original Author
    12 years ago

yes i do. email lorencellis@hotmail.com

• prairielvr
    12 years ago

i have the royal catchfly in my garden now im going to try to collect the seeds if that happens i would like to trade with you also have bee balm and nodding onion seeds

• baptisiamania
    11 years ago

HI,
    I have seeds for prairie beard tongue (penstemon tubaeflorus) and indian paintbrush (castilleja coccinea). I would like to trade for bareroot of hazelnut and black chokeberry. Let me know if you're still interested. best wishes

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz
More Discussions