Return to the Native Plant Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: wild violets

Posted by timberlane 7b- upstate SC (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 19, 05 at 8:40

I have tons of wild violets in my backyard and would love to trade for other neat plants that will return year after year. I have people ask me all the time about these. They get really big and spread all over while blooming profusely. Would love to trade for others types, colors or any other interesting plants.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: wild violets

I would love some -- I'm trying to get my side and back yards planted with as much natives as possible. If you're willing to send some for postage, that'd be great. Otherwise, all I have is one very lovely margeurite daisy to dig up -- it spreads readily but not invasively, and has lovely golden flowers. The one I have available is about 8-12 inches across and very healthy. Let me know if you're interested. Thanks!

o

I would love some wild violets, I have moutain bluet (blue coneflower), chives, calendula, and champagne poppy (seeds)

o

Question......???????Do your wild violets bloom all the time? Mine bloomed and I think they are done. THey are in full shade though. Is there any way to get them to bloom all the time? Should I move some to the sun?

o

I too would absolutely adore to have some wild violets! I am in Florida.Do check my trade list (Art 777)and let me know what you would like in return.....Wish my digital camera would work with this Mac.I could send you photos by snail mail....Marilyn

o

I would like some for sasbe Sean

o

ok I'll be glad to do some trading and I'll throw some your way,too, Sean Whiting.

Karen Hamman - I'd love some moutain bluet (blue coneflower).

dceel123- yeah, I have some in shade as well but the ones in full sun seem to flower like crazy!

Art777- I'd love some rooted cuttings of bouganvillia!!!

I'll try to e-mail everybody and get ready folks... I'll mail tons for trade :)~

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Native Plant Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here