Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
forestrose

HAVE: Have Native Terr. Orchid Aplectrum hyemale

forestrose
15 years ago

Hello, I have been very blessed with larger numbers of these beautiful native orchids, sometimes called Adam & Eve root. Their roots are edible. Their flowers are spectacular.

I will only trade a few of these rare orchids to keep the forest I live in pristine. But, I also want these american natives to become less rare. They belong to all of us.

They are very easy to care for; no fussing at all. Please see my trade list.

I'm looking for Clubmoss more urgently than some of the other plants on my lists. But, still, tempt me! Happy Spring Everyone!

Lily

Comments (13)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

Hi Forestrose,

I have club moss and would love to add some (a few anyway) of the Adam's and Eve's. Are the EVEs still attached?
    I have heard/read that club moss is very hard to transplant. Last week, I brought a rooted start from the back (quite a hike) woods, and planted it in the front yard woods (close). Now I don't even know where I planted it, or if it maybe just went away.

Maybe I could harvest some moss, pot it up to get over being stressed, and then send with a little soil or peat in tact with the roots.
    It would be probably the week of May 19 to actually trade then.

LMK what you think and what might be a fair trade.

Where are you located...as your state is not listed in with your zone (like mine is)

I'll be away this eve, and have several trades I have to get out and rec in b4 I can really commit to an actual trade and mailing date.

Sue

• forestrose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Sue,
    Here's what I'm interested in from your lists:
    Seed: Cotton: I live in Illinois & it's ok to grow it here.
    Plants:
    Clubmoss
    corydalis
    antennaria
    Monarda - either lavender type
    Aralia spinosa
    Artemisia Limelight
    Cactus, pricly pear
    Tiger Lily, Orange
    The Aplectrum's flowers will be coming up any week now. Have a look at my lists and let's decide on a what a fair trade can be. The native orchid is extremely rare, but I want it to be spread out around the US again so it won't be such a rare gem.
    Thanks,
    Lily

• pinkspoonbill
    15 years ago

I sent you an email. Let me know if you didn't receive it. Thanks.

• forestrose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Sue,
    My email is non-functioning just now, so I haven't been able to access your email. Could you post it here? I'd appreciate it.
    Thanks,
    Lily

• maryann2007
    15 years ago

I'd like to have one or two of your orchid. I have
    Tipularia discolor cranefly orchid Native
    Collinsia verna rattesnake plantain native
    If you are interested please let me know
    Maryann

• forestrose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Maryann,
    Hello,...Very interested! I've been looking for the rattlesnake plantain for some time now. My email is giving me fits...how should we proceed?
    Thank you for responding,
    Lily

• nancysback
    15 years ago

wondering if you have any RED peonies? also, I am new to this... have just bought a house with one and one-half acres of woods in the city of syracuse ny (really) and would love to populate the woods and rocky gardens with wild flowers, native plants, etc. Dont know what i have growing already... doesnt look like much, clearing a path through the briars and dead trees.... would love dog tooth violets, jack-in-a-pulpet, lady slippers etc, Please advise (willing to buy/trade (dont know what--)share, etc

• maryann2007
    15 years ago

Please email me at
    Byrdnmber2@yahoo.com
    Maryann

15 years ago

Hi Forestrose.

I emailed you a while back (I think-but can't find a copy) and just emailed you again yesterday. I know you have said a couple of times that your email was acting up, so I was just wondering if you got the one I sent yesterday.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks!

Sue...chemocurl

• ncwildflower
    15 years ago

Hello,
    If you still have some of the orchid (Aplectrum hyemale) left, I would be interesed.
    I have for trade some trillium varieties, lily clintonia (black bead lily), European ginger or Iris cristata (blue).
    Let me know!!
    Chuck

15 years ago

Lily,

You might want to check out this thread...Looking for forestrose...since you are receiving the follow-up replies to the this thread via email. Some folks are looking for you and waiting for their plant trades.

Sue

• forestrose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

To all concerned: I am sending your trade items, but right now the heat would kill the plants. The delay before was caused by the relentless flooding we experienced here in Illinois. It's taken us months to clean up & rebuild. I had no internet connection for long periods of time, which is why I wasn't responding. One person I trade with lives not far from me and she experienced the same flooding....we ended up trading in person just 2 weeks ago.

I can't apologise enough to you all. You have every right to be angered, and I am so very sorry. A few of the plants in the trades have gone dormant, but will be sending up shoots again in the autumn. The rest, you'll all receive as soon as I can afford to post them. The cleanup has been expensive, to put it mildly. I'm not asking your forgiveness here, just explaining what happened.
    Best wishes to you all,
    Lily

• esofva
    15 years ago

Sure sorry to hear that!!!
    As for the rest of you...I have some of the things you are looking for just in case forestrose can't get them for you. I also see quite a few things you have that we could trade for that I would love to have!!
    TY
    Deb

Here is a link that might be useful: GardenWeb