Return to the Native Plant Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Milkweed forum

Posted by wildflowerman_2000 North Carolina in Z- (wildflowerman_2000@yahoo.com) on
Mon, Jul 1, 13 at 11:05

Hi Folks,
I've written Gardenweb requesting that they add a special MILKWEED forum for those of us who are trying to establish milkweed gardens/plots to help with the declining Monarch populations. If you are so inclined please drop them a note supporting this idea and maybe we will have our own forum in which to communicate.
Regards,
Mark (wildflowerman_2000)

Follow up:
I've had several request as to how to contact garden web so hopefully this will help.
Just go down to the bottom of the Main Garden Web page where all the Garden forums are listed and in small print there is a spot where you can click to contact Garden Web. Click on it and you will get one of the boxes where you can type in a message and send it to them. This spot is also available on many of the pages you visit so any of them will work. Thanks for doing this and there seems to be some serious interest in having this forum.
Mark

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Milkweed forum

There is a forum for this. I found it accidentally...i think I copied it right. If not email me...i know how to work it better, I've just joined here.

Here is a link that might be useful: milkweed newbie forum

o

Hi missiblueridge,
Thanks for the info. This is actually a thread created on the "Seed Exchange" forum and not a specific "Milkweed" Forum which is what we are working to get. We have received word that it is in the works and will let everyone know when it's up and running. Thanks.
Regards,

o

i definitely need the milkweed forum!! i've been taking dozens of pics as i drive the back roads of plants that i think are milkweed... so i can hopefully transplant them into my natives garden, and collect seeds (haven't seen any seed pods...)
fingers crossed!!!

o

Hi Folks,
Well it's official the MILKWEED FORUM is up and running as of 4 PM today (10/21/13). It can be viewed at: http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/milkweed/ . Please pass this along to all your friends and let's all start doing everything "Milkweed" on this site. Thanks to all of you who sent in requests to Gardenweb and for your patience while this site was constructed. It's a brand new look for Gardenweb and our forum is the first to have it. Enjoy!!
Regards,

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Native Plant Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here