Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dirtgirl_wt

WANTED: free pawpaw seeds...sorry , no plants

dirtgirl
20 years ago

Hi everybody...I normally do most of my hanging-out over on the Wildlife Garden forum but decided to post this everywhere to make sure I don't miss anyone who might be interested. I have had an unusually good year with the pawpaws and have lots of seed on my hands. If you are curious about pawpaw trees or their fruit, the seeds are yours to try, just send me a note if you need more info.

I know this is a trader's forum but I don't really need anything--these are free if you provide the stamp.

hope to hear from you all!

Comments (11)

• spiderwoman
    20 years ago

Hello,
    I would love to have a batch of pawpaw seeds! Can you look at my list and see if there is anything that you might be interested in having? I do have quite a few natives, and most of those are not on the trade list.
    Thanks!
    spiderwoman
    menehune@adelphia.net

• Mader631
    19 years ago

You still have pawpaw Seeds yet??????

• Etta
    19 years ago

would love some seeds. thanks Etta

• Jennifer Kosco
    19 years ago

hello,
    do you have any pawpaw seeds left? i would like to try a couple.
    thanks, :)
    jennifer

• oogy4plants
    19 years ago

I have been looking for pawpaws. Do you have a few left?
    Please see if there is anything on my trade list that you like. And if you don't see anything you like, ask because I have more.

Susan

• reb1979
    19 years ago

Hi , do you have any seeds left? Thanks...

• dirtgirl
    Original Author
    19 years ago

First off, silly me responded by e-mail to several of these and then realized that they were likely never received.
    SOrry if you have been standing around wondering why the world has become such a rude place. My apologies!

It seems we have had a very bad year this go around...no pawpaws to be found save for one small patch and I am leaving those few for the animals. THe news gets worse...I have been asking around and so far no one in my couty that I have spoken to has found a SINGLE hickory nut. Not one. There are acorns, but they are small and many are very maggoty. THe animals are going to have a rough winter if the weather goes badly.
    But to make a short story short, I am sorry but there are no seeds this year. Surely there are others who had better results?
    Cross your fingers for next year's pawpaws!
    take care,
    Dirtgirl/wendy

• journey149
    19 years ago

do you have any seeds left?

• dirtgirl
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Sorry to have to say, but nope. Not a thing left.
    And that won't be changing now until at least this September.
    Keep asking around...someone might have some.
    DG

• parfait
    13 years ago

Hi, I have 2 pawpaw trees that seem to flower 1 then the other (the first one gets lots of blossoms). Never any fruit since they don't blossom simultaneously. I'm looking for free pawpaw seeds in the hopes that I can plant more trees to increase the odds of getting some fruit, I have yet to taste pawpaw, I've been waiting (almost) patiently for about 6 yrs now! I live in Delaware w/ heavy clay soil. I'd also welcome any pointers on growing happy Pawpaw trees. Many, many thanks.

• beaub1984_HOTMAIL_COM
    12 years ago

I have Paw Paw seeds for trade. I will be creating a page to place on my website with a picture of the seeds within a week.

Here is a link that might be useful: Seed Trade Page

Sponsored
More Discussions