shirleymd
20 years ago

Have these just gathered in the last few weeks:

Seeds:goatsbeard (tragopogon dubius)

jack in the pulpit (triphyllum)

autumn clematis (1 trade)

spotted wintergreen

bloodroot

plants: jack in the pulpit ( small plant)

gopher purge

form flower (wild)

rattlesnake plantain

Mayapple (roots)

Skunk cabbage (cranberry flower)

ferns

celandine poppy (from Europe) no native here but

grows here

wild ginger

comfrey

canada wood anemone (aneme quinuefolia)

common blue violets

LOOKING FOR DIFFERENT WOODLAND PLANT FOR ZONE 7....

Comments (8)

• Alphie
    20 years ago

Hello Shirley :)

I would love to trade you something for these from your list :) Please take a look at my tradelist and let me know if you would like to trade with me :)

goatsbeard (tragopogon dubius)
    jack in the pulpit (triphyllum)
    spotted wintergreen
    bloodroot

Thank you :)

Alphie

Here is a link that might be useful: Alphie's Tradelist

• grandmasgarden
    20 years ago

I would love to trade for some skunk cabbage. I have a rooted mexican flame vine and other stuff not on my list. Most of my woodland plants are going dormant-still have some wild germander and may be able find others. lmk
    Tommie

Here is a link that might be useful: my trade list

• amedws
    20 years ago

Hi Shirley,
    Would love to trade for your skunk cabbage and goatsbeard. Pls take a look at my list and see if there's anything that you might be interested in.
    Thanks,
    Alice

• mistyq
    19 years ago

COULD YOU SEND ME SOME GOATS BEARD SEEDS? PLMK

• carex
    19 years ago

If you have seeds of spotted wintergreen I would like to trade and you can check my list to see if anything there is something you'd like.
    larryd

• Hooti
    19 years ago

Hi-would you trade the wintergreen for Blue Bottle Gentian? I also have wild leek. Not much else for the wilds but I do have tetraploid daylily seeds (already wet stratifying in the refridgerator) from a good friend that is like big time daylily fanatic-first time except the basics for me but they should be fantastic. I also have peony seeds (heirloom but I dont remember if the mom was pink or white with red center).

If you would consider sending a snippit that will spread next spring I could come up with something nice to snip in return when the weather warms up. I would also stand on my head and snip jellybeans for a growing snippit of bloodroot. I have seeds coming (with the Woods Poppy) but they are multi cycle germinators (warm cold warm) and I believe several years to flower(?) Anyhow you have great plants!

You may want to look further into your Celandine Poppy. I had to double check my books (which I just did) and there are two plants in the poppy family with Celandine in their name. One is from Europe and is most commonly called Celandine. The other, also in the Poppy family (as is Bloodroot) is the one usually called "Celandine Poppy" or "Wood Poppy" and that is native to the US. In fact I just ordered seeds from the New England Wildflower Society (after double checking it-so this was like my thirteenth check). I have only seen them in picture so far but the European Celandine appears to have a lighter colored and thinner/softer skinned leaf, flowers about 5/8" and the native Celandine Poppy a darker rougher textured leaf and flowers 1 1/2 - 2". There is also a plant in the "buttercup family" (lucky I can spell that, let alone Ran...Ran...) called "lesser Celandine".

Really complicated, that is why I have to keep looking it up. Maybe you do too, in which case I apoplogize profusely, as I totally hate it when people tell me what I already know. My big bad ego acts up *grin*. But I thought it was worth taking the chance as wouldnt it be great if it was the native one?

(Rescources: National Audubon Society: Field Guide to Wildflowers Eastern Region; Wildflowers of New York in Color, Chapman...)

PAX
    Laurette

• mgood4u
    19 years ago

Hi! I know this message was posted long ago but I would like Jack In The Pulpit and bloodwort seeds. If interested see my trade list. THANKS!

• melissa_437
    19 years ago

would love some skunk cabbage please check my list to see if theres anything you want thanks

Sponsored
More Discussions