Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ruth1_gw

HAVE: Plants in exchange for help in garden

ruth1
16 years ago

Hi,

I have been an active member of gardenweb for most of the time I've lived in WA- the past almost 8 years. My yard is full of plants, from both local and national gardenweb trades- as well as many I have grown from seed, bought from nurseries, etc.

This summer, I will be moving back east, and would like to find anyone interested in helping me in the garden in exchange for plants. I would like to give away some of the unique plants I have, in case the future owner isn't interested in gardening. I know from experience gardenweb members appreciate special plants.

So, this is just an early post to see if anyone here might be interested in helping me get my yard into shape in exchange for giving a good home to some of my plants. I also have lots of seed starting supplies and other gardening equipment/supplies to give away that I won't be moving.

Right now my yard is under snow, on a hillside in Issaquah, so this wouldn't be for probably a couple months. It doesn't necessarily need to be a specific day or event, just at the convenience of whoever is interested. I would also welcome anyone to bring plants with instant impact, like annuals, that I could put out to make the yard look especially attractive.

Thanks in advance, and I will miss the great group of gardening friends I have gotten to know here.

Ruth

Comments (11)

• jburesh1388
    16 years ago

Ruth,

I'd be happy to help! Let me know when you are ready and we'll setup a weekend. I may be able to bring a friend too, she is new and always needs plants.

my email is medinaj@soundtransit.org

• treepalm
    16 years ago

Hello Ruth,
    I'm in Issaquah as well, so I might be able to help off and on. Let me know what you need done and when and I will see what I can do.
    Teresa

• ruth1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for the offers of help, I appreciate that! There is STILL snow in my yard, as there has been for about a month now- I'm at about 1000 feet. But I think in another month or two I will need any help/advice I can get on how to make my collector's garden look more like a real "yard". And I will be happy to share tons of plants, to be sure they get good homes, in case the future owner isn't interested in plants. Thanks again. And I will sure miss the wonderful gardenweb community here!

Ruth

• plantknitter
    16 years ago

Ruth
    I'm available, let me know closer to when you will be ready for help.
    I emailed you ,too.
    Judy

• ruth1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I wanted to bump this up since it finally stopped snowing in my garden (well, actually it snowed a bit today) so I am ready to start working and can use lots of help. Thanks for the earlier responses. Post here or email me and we can set up a time convenient for you.

Ruth

• jburesh1388
    16 years ago

Maybe we could set a weekend where all of us interested could come over and make a party of it?

• ruth1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi,

I am open to having a weekend date for a garden party. But some people have also indicated they would prefer just coming on their own schedule. So whatever anyone wants is fine with me. If I hear from more people I can set up a weekend in May, that sounds like fun.

Ruth

• treepalm
    16 years ago

A garden party sounds fun to me!
    Teresa

• jburesh1388
    16 years ago

I'm up for most weekends in May.

• flora2
    15 years ago

I can help as well. Let me know what your plans are.

• ruth1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Okay, I will go ahead and suggest May 31 for whoever wants to come for a garden party. But anyone who wants to come before then, please contact me. I have quite a few spring ephemerals to give away that will be dormant and hard to find in a month. Plus, I really need more help than can be done in a day. Since I will be leaving the end of June, I will be working as much as I can the next two months to get the yard into shape and can use any and all help! Thanks.

Ruth