Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greenelephant_gw

HAVE: Spring Green Elephant Plant Swap, Sat, Mar 2, 10-noon

greenelephant
11 years ago

You are invited to the Spring Green Elephant Plant Swap
Please forward the invitation; it's a public event.

Saturday March 2, 2013, 10:00 AM to Noon
Church of the Holy Cross
11526 162nd Ave NE
Redmond, WA 98052

The theme is Bareroot Bonanza!

It may still feel wintry, but spring is on the way. March is an excellent month to divide and move dormant plants. Annual seeds can be traded for spring planting. It�s time to dream big for the coming summer.

Rain or shine, Puget Sound gardeners gather to share and exchange plants and knowledge with all. The Green Elephant Plant Swap is hosted in North Redmond, WA, at the Episcopal Church of the Holy Cross; The site offers parking, covered areas, indoor facilities, kitchen, memorial garden, grass labyrinth and playground. It is five minutes from I-405 and I-520.

How it works: No sales, just exchanges and freebies, please.

Tailgating Encouraged. The format for the trade is like a tailgate party. Traders exchange expert gardening information as well as plant materials. In two hours all the deals are sealed. We have plenty of new parking.

Free Stuff. Many gardeners generously share plants from the abundance of their gardens�An excellent way to begin your garden. Also an excellent way to thin out that giant patch of shasta daisies, etc. There is always a pile of plants free for the sharing at the swap.

What if I have nothing to trade? Cookies and chocolate work like money at the Green Elephant!

Here is a link that might be useful: The Green Elephant Plant Swap

Comments (12)

• locust8
    11 years ago

Looking forward to this and marking the date! Thanks for sharing!

P.S. If anyone has Miscanthus sinensis Gracillimus I would be sooooo happy.

• bejoy2
    11 years ago

Mom and I will be there!

• msoders
    11 years ago

Looking forward to making it, will be really early or late as it conflicts with the NPA sale.

I'll be bringing:
    Dalhia Tubers light pink and a dark foliage dark pink
    Peony tubers (lost names)
    Sweet Peas - Spanish Dancer or Scent Infusion
    Yellow Epimedium

Looking for

colored hellebores - have dark pink for trade
    Brugmansia white or yellow - have pink for trade

Would love to find the following for a special trade, I'm sure i can come up with something else as well!
    Eucomis Pole-evansii
    Albutilon 'Nabob'
    Mimulus pictus
    Lupine - Rodeo Rose
    Cold hardy Schefflera (Schefflera taiwaniana or alpina)
    Hydrangea aspira

• oliveoyl3
    11 years ago

msoders - sent you a PM. I have a few things for you.

Corrine

• msoders
    11 years ago

Hi Corrine,

I don't see the PM, I sent you one with my email address.

• oliveoyl3
    11 years ago

msoders - I didn't get it. I think GW is slow in the messages.

I have potted Hellebore from pink or white parents, yellow monkey flower (native), & brugs seeds if you'd like to trade for some of what you've offered: dark foliage dahlia, yellow epimed, dk pink hellebore, & possibly peony if you don't mind.

I'll be there before 10am if you're going to come & run to the NPA sale.

Corrine

• chrisrobt
    11 years ago

I have fronds from a tall ornamental grass if anyone is interested. I can check through my dahlias if anyone wants any (but can't guarantee eyes this early).

Does anyone have any spare cyclemans?

• barbe_wa
    11 years ago

I would love any spare dahlias you have - I will gladly risk them not having eyes. I don't have much to trade this time, but you're welcome to anything I bring. I have several double file viburnum starts and some pots of tritilea "Queen Fabiola" as well as a few odds and ends that I can't remember the names of right now.
    I'm getting together dahlia tubers for a friend who lost all of hers this winter. She grows them for bouquets to take to the nursing homes here in Longview/Kelso so any, named, unnamed, no eyes, whatever, will be welcome. Thanks, Barb

• chrisrobt
    11 years ago

Barb, I have a bunch of dahlia tubers for you; I've written the names on the tubers but they aren't terribly legible. I'll take the tritilea and viburnum plus whatever else you recommend

• bejoy2
    11 years ago

Corrine and msoders,
    I tried to send Corrine and Barb PMs through GardenWeb and got daemon failures for both of them. GardenWeb fabricated an e-mail address with a yahoo extension in both cases, so they were bounced, because that's not who either person has their e-mail account with.

• oliveoyl3
    11 years ago

Bejoy2 - I don't know what is up with GW emails. Fortunately, we connected by email directly, so are set. Thanks for your help. I'll see you in the morning. -C.

• bejoy2
    11 years ago

Mom and I have 3 levels of plants in the back of my truck. Starting with a base of 11 flats, we put upside-down flats on top of them as spacers, then another 11 flats on top of that, then a plywood cap with gallons on top from cab to tailgate!

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio