Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elaine8_gw

HAVE: April 2005 Brinnon/Pennisula Trade

elaine8_gw
19 years ago

It's firm....Jerome and I will hold a trade in April.

Probably Saturday, April 30th. At this time we are flexible on the date.

Please let us know if your interested in coming and sign below.

Everyone will need to update your have and want lists.

Newbies are welcome.

Pre-arranged trades are welcome.

On the spot trades are fine too. There's always plenty of plants.

More details will follow as we get closer to the date.

Comments (46)

• doublemom
    19 years ago

I was hoping to make it to your trade this year since I missed last year, but that weekend is already busy for me. Oh, well, I'll be thinking of you all!!!

Andi

• benneseed
    19 years ago

I would love to come; I had so much fun last year. I'll update my trade list so other people attending can look for goodies.
    robin

• bejoy_gw
    19 years ago

Hi Elaine...WONDERFUL...and THANKS so much for your generosity!! I put this date down on my calendar in RED! I loved your last year's Swap...such a lovely place and your garden is wonderful. Now to update my lists. *G*

Here is a link that might be useful: My exchange page

• Doris_J
    19 years ago

I will be in Pennsylvania that weekend. :( Any chance of doing it later?

• elaine8_gw
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Hi all,
    Jerome and I are available for a trade any time in the month of April. The only weekend in May would be Sat, May 14th or the 15th.
    Let me know what fits best for everyone.

Elaine

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    19 years ago

Sounds like fun! How far is Brinnon from Tacoma? I have had so much fun at the other trades would love to come to this one as well,
    Susan

• Doris_J
    19 years ago

I am available and willing any weekend but April 30th! :)

• elaine8_gw
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Doris how about Sat. April 23rd?

Everyone..how does that date sound for a Spring Trade rather than Sat. April 30th?

Andi, maybe that date is better for you too.

Susan, Brinnon is on the south/west side of the Hood Canal Bridge on Highway 101.

Elaine

• gardeners_hands
    19 years ago

hi!
    I *might* be able to make it, mapquest shows you as 86 miles from me.
    Any day/weekend is alla same to me. (wink)
    Maybe I can carpool w/somone from Aberdeen area???
    ...hope... hope... hope.............
    GH

• Randy Ritchie
    19 years ago

Aberdeen area carpool volunteer here! But brand new resident in the Pacific NW, so would have to bring edibles for my contribution.

girlsaylor

• elaine8_gw
    Original Author
    19 years ago

GHands,
    I know it seems far. But you'll like the company. Gardeners are a great bunch. A plant trade several years ago was held between Westport & Aberdeen with lots of plants, food, laughing.

Girlsaylor,
    By edible...are you talking about the "potluck" lunch or plants like Tomatoes,Cucumbers, etc.
    Believe me, every season many of us are on the hunt for veggie plants to add to the garden. I know Jerome and I try tomatoes every year. Sometimes without good success.

• Patrick888
    19 years ago

Hi Elaine,

I'll try to attend...would love to see your place. I work Saturdays, but may be taking a 4-day weekend over the 23rd. Whatever day you select, I'll try to make it.

Treepalm...think you'll be going? Maybe we could carpool.

Patrick

• kitty32_z8
    19 years ago

Elaine,
    Whatever day you decide I will be there. I may have 1 (Kyle)or 2 (Matt) boys with me, unless asked to leave them home. If anyone has trouble with my boys (they can be a bit over excited, and very talkative) come let me know please! They are 'planning' for trades already...lol.
    You are a very good host and have beautiful gardens.

Thank you,
    Kathy

• elaine8_gw
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Patrick,
    I sure hope you'll get the time off. It will be great to see you again. By the way...how is your Euphorbia polychroma doing?

Kathy,
    Your boys are always welcome. They were perfect gentlemen and good helpers. Are they ready for more seed catalogs. I have some extras if they have the other ones worn out.

Elaine

• Doris_J
    19 years ago

The 23rd sounds great, Elaine.

For you new folks, this trade is not to be missed! Elaine has a beautiful woodland garden, and you'll have the time of your life. There will be plenty of extra plants for new people. And we all bring a potluck dish.

Kathy, you might ask your boys to get a "wish list" together. You could post it on your member page.

• kitty32_z8
    19 years ago

Elaine,
    The boys say 'sure if she wants to give us some' on the seed catalogs...lol. I have this years that they arent allowed to touch, and one that has survived that you gave me..lol.

Doris,
    Yes they will be making a have/list that I will post as we get closer to trade time. We have gotten into seed exchange too so we should have healthier plants with more variety this year. Also sent you a e-mail.

Everyone- If you can make it I second Doriss' opinion on the trade! It is a great time to be had!

Kathy

• Doris_J
    19 years ago

I didn't get your email, Kathy! :( Try me again!

• kellied
    19 years ago

This is one I will definitely get to! Once I figure out what is here, I'll post a trade list, but for now I'm still trying to unearth plants buried under six years worth of weeds and grasses.
    I'll see if I can get Mark and Lanelle to come as well. They really enjoyed the trade that they hosted this past fall.

Patrick, how did the peonies settle in??

• sokkappa
    19 years ago

Thrilled to hear you will host it again. Any weekend in APril should be ok for me. I will be there unless something unforeseen comes up.

• elaine8_gw
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Kellie, I'm glad you can make it from Oregon. I think everyone is anxious to hear exactly where you settled.

Balraj, It's good to hear an April trade will work for you. I have a few plants that may interest you.

Elaine

• Susi_Q
    19 years ago

Hi there!!!
    I would love to come! Any day works for me....can't wait to see everybody! Need a little time to update my lists tho....haven't had a chance to even look at gweb for months!Hi Elaine & Jerome! How's the back? Hi Kellie! How's the new life down South? Hi Doris! Christened any plants lately? LOL! I have soooooo much to tell everybody about! Started a greenhouse business.....got Organically certified....growing....WHEATGRASS! also all kinds of sprouts, salads, flowers, etc!~) We have our first one up....about 3000 square feet...working on our second. Look for our stuff in the produce departments...."Olympic Rainforest Organics" is our name....cool, huh!? See ya! Can't wait! Susi

• catkin
    19 years ago

Can anyone join this plant free-for-all? :)

• elaine8_gw
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Catkin, (Cindy...is that you?)
    If you have a love of gardening, adding new plants to the garden, talking to friendly garden folk...then you should come to the trade. Newbies are always welcome and we always have plenty of plants left over after all trades are completed. After the potluck lunch we have a designated area for plant give aways. Post on "my page"..what you have or what you want. Bring what ever you have for trading. Veggie seedlings,seeds,seedlings, garden art, plant tags, plant stakes, eggs (one gal had fresh eggs from her hens last season), chicken compost, house plants,plant pots, bulbs, etc. We trade for just about anything.

Elaine

• brody
    19 years ago

I'm going to try to make it, but not sure of my schedule yet for April. When I figure it out I'll let you know, Elaine, and also update my plant lists. Had a great time last year. Brody

• elaine8_gw
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Hey Brody, Sure hope you can come. I see you have a Stachy 'Silver Carpet' that doesn't produce a flower. Please check my plant available list. I'd like to trade. It would be nice to have that wonderful foliage without the leggy flower stems.

Elaine

• Doris_J
    19 years ago

Wow, Susi, that's great! Congratulations!

• sokkappa
    19 years ago

I will have unnamed pinkish-purple Aster and light orange Crocosmia for Brinnon. Trade not necessary. I will also have a few seedlings of Helleborus and Verbena bonariensis for trade.

• Patrick888
    19 years ago

So...is the consensus for a date the 23rd? As soon as I know for sure, I'll start working on getting the day off from work.

Elaine, the euphorbia polycroma didn't grow much but we'll see what it does this year.

Kathy (Kitty32) ... I never did get your hardy fuchsia to you - but I've still got it for you and WILL bring it to the trade!

Kelli, I believe the peonies all lived..I'm starting to see some noses peeking out of the ground. I'll be excited to see them all come up and thrive.

Patrick

• elaine8_gw
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Yes, the trade will be Sat. April 23rd. Rain or shine!

Everyone...please mark it on your calenders.

We're looking forward to seeing new faces as well as the oldie...but goodie ones.

Elaine

• Patrick888
    19 years ago

Hi Brody,

I emailed you directly about a pre-trade I'd like to make.
    Has your email address changed?

Thanks,

Patrick

• kitty32_z8
    19 years ago

Patrick,
    Thank you for having the hardy fuschia available. Seems like we could never get our schedules worked out..lol.

Kathy

• treepalm
    19 years ago

Oh, I don't want to miss this trade this year! Patrick, I don't think carpooling will work. I hope to rescue some plants from my step mother's house in Sequim. Last year the extras went in the compost pile(OH NO NOT THAT!!) I tried to talk her into going, really I did.
    Teresa

• doublemom
    19 years ago

April 23rd it is, I should be able to make that and would love to see your garden!!!

Andi

• plowgirl
    19 years ago

Was not able to go last year but would love to attend this year.corine

• elaine8_gw
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Hey there Plowgirl.
    We're glad you can make it. I checked your want list. Hummmm, you'll need to start updating your page.

See you April 23rd. Elaine

• Patrick888
    19 years ago

Yee Haw Yippee....I've arranged to be off work the 23rd!

Teresa, that's ok...just thought I'd offer. Wow, if you fill up in Sequim & the Brinnon trade too, you'll really be loaded! There's a gardening gal in Burien I want to introduce you to..I'm trying to talk her into attending on the 23rd. Maybe she would like to carpool with me if her work schedule permits. I'm glad to see your posting here - I was wondering where you were.

I've started dividing & potting a few things and I have seeds to get started...should have a lot of stuff available by the 23rd.

Patrick

• treepalm
    19 years ago

I will keep some of the plants from my step-mother, if I can get over there before the trade, and the rest I will bring to share! Can't let them go to the compost pile again!
    Teresa

• kellied
    19 years ago

So, Patrick, is coming to the Brinnon trade your birthday gift to yourself? I see that your birthday is the 22nd!

• elaine8_gw
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Way to go Patrick....getting the day off. I see your looking for Siberian Iris. Would you be interested in any that I have listed on my trade page? They're fairly common but this would probably get you started. Let me know.

Teresa,
    I was raking today and loosened up a couple Tricyrtis/Toadlily roots. Don't know the name, but your more than welcome to have them for a Deer Fern start. Let me know if the trade is agreeable.

Thanks, Elaine

• elaine8_gw
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Nightnurse/Susan, I have a pot of white Calla Lily for you.

Gardenershands, I have a pot of white Lily of the Valley for you.

Girlsaylor, I have a white Astilbe for you.

See ya April 23rd,
    Elaine

• Patrick888
    19 years ago

Oh oh! Kelli found me out...lol. Yes, where I work we get our birthday off and the 23rd falls between my birthday and my 2 regular days off. Taking off the 23rd gives me a 4-day "weekend". Getting together with everyone at the Brinnon trade will be a highlight of the weekend.

Elaine, I think I'll remove the siberian iris from my list, at least until I see blooms on what I got last year. I know I have white & probably have either blue or purple as well.

Ah! The sun's coming out...think I'll get out and do a little more yard cleanup.

Patrick

• lovr4grdn
    19 years ago

Elaine
    Put me down on your list, and I will make a list of what I have available for trade, I'm glad you are making plans ahead of time, gives me time to divide plants.
    Nancy

• tuffyworld
    19 years ago

Hi Elaine,
    I am a new-bee. I would love to come on April 23rd. I have been winter sowing in January and getting ready to do annuals this weekend. So I should have seedlings to trade. I am looking forward to meeting you and all my fellow gardners. You all sound so enthusiastic and kind.
    Thanks again

Katie

• elaine8_gw
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Yeah...Nancy, your coming. Bring your daughter, she was a kick. It'll be fun to see you again.

Katie, Newbies are always welcome. Bring what ever you have available. I'm in the market, again, for Marigolds. Please make up a want list. You just never know...one of us may have exactly what your wanting.

Elaine

• kitty32_z8
    19 years ago

Elaine,
    I winter sowed extra marigolds for you this year..lol. I have LOTS of all kinds. Now if they just germinate before the trade. I will let you know what I have closer to the trade. I will have various tomatoes too if they germinate in time. I have been seed swapping this year, so addicting! Needless to say the garden catalogs you gave me for reference are really getting a work out this year...lol!

Katie,
    I am so glad you decided to join us! This group loves newbies! So, tell us what kind of room do you have for new babies? Dont forget to mention what kinds of things your looking for! Welcome.

Kathy

• tuffyworld
    19 years ago

Thanks for the warm welcome Elaine and Kathy, I am looking forward to meeting you both and all the other Northwest gardners in April.

Elaine, I haven't thought about a want list, but I will. Now that I am retired I am learning how to stretch my hobby money with the help from my wonderful husband. I started w/s, 41 containers so far. Still have annuals to sow. Last summer started casting concrete leafs and hypertufa, can't wait to start again. They make great gifts.

Kathy, we moved to McKenna on 5 acres 2 years ago. About
    1 1/2 acres around house is cleared. The rest is woodland and beautiful. We have grassy front yard (mostly moss)it faces the North. Across driveway I have created my fist perennial garden bed. Back of house is wide open and sunny. Up untill our move I have always done container gardening and still do.

Boy, I am rambling! Please forgive me.

Katie