Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
doris_j

WANTED: Spring Trade

Doris_J
19 years ago

OK, guys, it's January 1st. That means spring is only three and a half months away! Does anyone have any plans to host a Spring Trade? Any ideas for areas? Let's throw some ideas out there!

Comments (26)

• mkirkwag
    19 years ago

Wasn't it in a public place in Bellevue last year? Or South Redmond? That was a good spot, wasn't it?

• Doris_J
    Original Author
    19 years ago

There are usually several each season. Last spring, we had the Brinnon trade, the one in Kirkland, and I'm sure there was an Oregon trade, too.

• Pnwjudy
    19 years ago

What about YOUR place one of these times, Doris?

• Doris_J
    Original Author
    19 years ago

I always thought my place was too small, Judy. And I'm probably going to be doing some remodeling in/around the house this spring, so probably not a good time for a big gathering. Maybe in the future, though! It sure would be nice not to have to pack my car full of plants for a change!

• elaine8_gw
    19 years ago

Happy New Year! Isn't it wonderful Spring is only a few months away. I believe Marie was talking about a Spring trade at her place. If she says no or there isn't a volunteer closer to the Seattle area, I bet Jerome would go along with another trade in Brinnon.
    Elaine

• Doris_J
    Original Author
    19 years ago

I'd drive to Brinnon to see your place again, Elaine.

So, where does Miss Marie live?

• elaine8_gw
    19 years ago

You know Doris, I'm not exactly sure where Marie lives. I just know she lives in Lakebay and it might require a short ferry ride. She's a gardenweber (Isle3) so maybe we should e-mail her.
    Elaine

• elaine8_gw
    19 years ago

Oh oh. I'm wrong about Marie's gardenweb name. It's "Bejoy" not Isle3.

• sokkappa
    19 years ago

Elaine, I hope you will have one again this year. Your place is so convenient for Peninsula folks. BTW, stop by when you come to Costco next. Happy NEw Year.

• kellied
    19 years ago

Yep, but it is one heck of a drive for me now that I moved out of state!
    Hey, Doris! Could I crash on your floor??

• elaine8_gw
    19 years ago

Yup..If no one else volunteers to hold a Spring Trade. Jerome and I can hold another Peninsula/Brinnon trade in May. Perhaps the weekend after Mother's Day.

Balraj, I'll e-mail you about that visit. Sounds good with us.
    Elaine

• gardengirlky
    19 years ago

Hi All,
    I have an idea for a spring trade. How about at Mukilteo Community Beach which is right next to Mukilteo Lighthouse Park. It's right next to the beach and the ferry.There is lots of room in the parking lot and I have a tent canopy in case it rains. Just an idea.
    Cindy

• benneseed
    19 years ago

Coming from Sequim, Brinnon is very convenient for me! I had so much fun there last spring and its been my first and only trade.
    I'd love to host a trade and have plenty of room, but I'm afraid I'm just too far for most people. I'm suprised we don't have more webbers chiming in from Port Townsend or Port Angeles. Or are there silent readers out there....?
    robin

• cedar_wa
    19 years ago

Well, I have finally had time to visit the Exchangers. I certainly enjoyed the trip to Brinnon, seeing Elaine and Jerome's garden, trading for new plants and dividing mine.
    I have some nice Brugmansia cuttings that I started this fall with trading in mind. The Brinnon trade was my first and now I know what to expect. This year I am working nearly full time and also have been developing a school garden program in my time off. Would love to have a trade at my house (Marrowstone Island) next year???

• Pnwjudy
    19 years ago

****ooh, ooh, oooh! I love going to new places! Marrowstone Island, for sure!

The Mukilteo lighthouse/park area sounds nice and close, too. I think Green Elephant is planned in Woodinville, but I really prefer going to someone's home garden. I'd like to go to Elaine's again--there is always room for several trades--a couple a month--starting in March?!

• elaine8_gw
    19 years ago

Marrowstone Island sounds like a good place for a Pennisula trade. We don't necessarily need to hold it in Brinnon.

• firevicar
    19 years ago

The Spring Green Elephant Plant Swap has just been posted. It's the first Saturday in March.

I'd like to see two trades in spring. Any early March trade for divided bare root perennials, and a late April-early May trade for seed starts, cuttings, and potted plants.

Everyone is invited to the Green Elephant, which I will host twice a year, first Saturday in March and November.

New Year Regards,

FireVicar
    Jim Eichner

• Poodlegirl
    19 years ago

If there is interest in coming to Olympia, Ed and I would be willing to host a trade. We are about 2 miles off I-5 between Exit 114 - Nisqually and Exit 111 - Marvin Road.

Sharon

• Pnwjudy
    19 years ago

There have always been good turnouts at Olympia trades.

Whoo hoo! another new garden to visit.

• elaine8_gw
    19 years ago

Hi,
    How about a Brinnon/Pennisula trade on Sat.April 30th.
    Let me know your thoughts.
    Elaine

• kitty32_z8
    19 years ago

Sharon & Elaine,
    Both sound good.

• doublemom
    19 years ago

I'd love to host a trade (Bonney Lake area), but I've always thought that my place would be too small. I have no idea where all the cars would park!!! I suppose we could take over a few of our neighbor's driveways, they're pretty good about things like that. Maybe I can be "Plan B" in case one of the other trades falls through?

Andi in Sumner/Bonney Lake

• elaine8_gw
    19 years ago

The 2005 Brinnon/Pennisula trade will be held.

Saturday, April 23
    11:00 a.m. til 3:30 p.m. or longer
    Potluck lunch at 1:00 p.m.

Newbies welcome! Bring your spouse or another garden friend. Kids are welcome if well attended. We're a friendly bunch. There's always plenty of plants,food, and fun.
    Some gardeners may decide to do pre-arranged trades but many will do on-the-spot trading.

More details will follow as the date gets closer.

Please mark it on your calender. It will be held rain or shine! We're a tough bunch in the PNW.

• mkirkwag
    19 years ago

You know what I'd love to see? The Green Elephant in Redmond *after* all my seeds come up and I (hopefully) have excess! :-D

• smittee
    19 years ago

SO did yall decide on a spring trade? You could all come North to beautiful Birch Bay lol HI yall finially I am back on line HEY DORIS ready for another weekend? give me a call if you want to use beachwood for your family.

• Doris_J
    Original Author
    19 years ago

You've got mail, Smittee!

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio