Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
patrick888_gw

WANTED: canna 'Princess Di'

Patrick888
19 years ago

Does anyone in the area have 'Princess Di' cannas? I really want to add this canna to my garden & am having a hard time getting it.

Last year I ordered it from Park's...the only reason I ordered from them, but also purchased a clematis and a number of seeds while I was at it. The canna rhizomes looked bad when I got them, but they were firm & they sometimes aren't all that "pretty". So I started them in nursery pots along with some other varieties I bought locally. The others thrived but true to their namesake, 'Princess Di' was dead. (sorry...bad humor)

Park's doesn't carry this cultivar this year (s'pose that is indicative of why mine were no good last year?) and quickly responded to my complaint with a credit for the cost of the cannas (no mention of the extra postage expense I lost) and a replacement on the 3 veggie seed packets that were way-short on seed count. I s'pose that's all well and good, but I still don't have any 'Princess Di' cannas.

I just realized I haven't updated my Trade lists, but will get at it soon. If anyone can spare a 'PD' rhizome, I'll check your want list and also let you know what else I have.

Many thanks,

Patrick

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!