Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: canna 'Princess Di'

Posted by Patrick888 z8 SeaTac WA (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 27, 05 at 15:31

Does anyone in the area have 'Princess Di' cannas? I really want to add this canna to my garden & am having a hard time getting it.

Last year I ordered it from Park's...the only reason I ordered from them, but also purchased a clematis and a number of seeds while I was at it. The canna rhizomes looked bad when I got them, but they were firm & they sometimes aren't all that "pretty". So I started them in nursery pots along with some other varieties I bought locally. The others thrived but true to their namesake, 'Princess Di' was dead. (sorry...bad humor)

Park's doesn't carry this cultivar this year (s'pose that is indicative of why mine were no good last year?) and quickly responded to my complaint with a credit for the cost of the cannas (no mention of the extra postage expense I lost) and a replacement on the 3 veggie seed packets that were way-short on seed count. I s'pose that's all well and good, but I still don't have any 'Princess Di' cannas.

I just realized I haven't updated my Trade lists, but will get at it soon. If anyone can spare a 'PD' rhizome, I'll check your want list and also let you know what else I have.

Many thanks,
Patrick

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: canna 'Princess Di'

I had 2 pots full of princess Di - but old man winter took them to heaven. They were gorgeous!

I bought mine at Walmart about 3 years ago.

I'd love some too - if some could be spared. I've got many interesting hostas to share.

o

hostaguy...I'll keep my eyes open in the various garden centers this year...will even go to (shudder) Walmart! I plan to visit the Dallas area in early March...will be checking there as well (may be too early in the year tho).

Patrick

o

Patrick,
Are you going to the garden show? If not, I'll keep my eyes open for you.
Teresa

o

Sorry Patrick,
I didn't find any.
Teresa

o

Hurrah...I have a couple of 'PD' rhizomes enroute from San Antonio, TX! A very lovely English lady is doing some plant trading with me. I'll be launching on my first brugmansia experience too.

Patrick

o

hostaguy....I'm going to TX in a couple of weeks...maybe I can buy some 'Princess Di' cannas and bring back to trade for hostas. You don't have a trade list...can you tell me the names of the hostas you have?

Patrick

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska and British Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here