Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Green Elephant Plant Swap First Saturday in March.

Posted by FireVicar Woodinville WA (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 8, 05 at 17:48

The Spring Eastside Green Elephant Plant Swap is the place to trade the bounty of your gardens. The first swap of the spring coincides with early spring garden work, dividing perennials with no shock of transplanting.

We average 30 traders and you can expect to see 100 different species/cultivars to haggle over.

Full instructions and directions are posted on My Page

Please tell your friends. Everyone is invited.

FireVicar

Here is a link that might be useful: My trade list

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Green Elephant Plant Swap First Saturday in March.

So excited to see this (and to be able to post here, took me a while to figure out why I wasn't seeing a posting box!), we just moved to Woodinville on December 29th! Won't have much (if any)plants to trade, but did harvest seeds from my NJ garden before we left so maybe I'll have something someone would like. I'll have to make a list.

Already planning on getting rid of a large part of the grass in the back yard and can't wait to garden in this mild weather!

Cathie

o

Can't wait Jim. We had such a nice time at your fall trade. I am doing winter sowing, but not sure if anything will be up by then. But if there is anything popping up I will bring some to share. I have sown more than I will ever ever be able to use. If no seeds are up yet, I will have to be thinking of something good to eat to bring and share. Thanks again for setting these trades up. So much fun!]
Susan

o

Plants I am looking for:

Prairie and full sun perennials
Cottage garden plants with white flowers
Bog Plants for naturalization full sun to shade
Shaded woodland plants
I like purple and chartreuse foliage.
I love vines,
ground covers,
bamboos.
Big gaudy foliage.
I would like to find:
tiger-striped cannas
cyperus alternifolius - umbrella plant
Water Hawthorn aka cape pondweed: Aponogeton distachyos
really giant bamboos (I have ample space to grow it.)
water lily dahlias
brugmansians in any color, but especially white
Acanthus mollis Bear's Breeches

Here is a link that might be useful: My trade list

o

Here's a list of what's growing in my garden, most of which is available for the Green Elephant Plant Swap Saturday March 5 in Redmond.
Alstroemeria - peruvian lily
Anthriscus sylvestris 'raven's wing'
Artemisia stelleriana 'Silver Brocade' Unrooted cuttings
Asclepias syriaca - common milkweed
Aster novae-angliae - New England aster
Brugmansia - peach angel's trumpet
Centaurea montana - mountain bluet
Darmera peltata (seed ripens in May)-Indian rhubarb One-year old seedlings.
Datura meteloides/inoxia - white devil's trumpet
Dicentra formosa - NW native bleeding heart
Dicentra spectabilis - bleeding heart
Digitalis grandiflora - yellow perennial foxglove
Dipsacus fullonum Fuller's Teasel; Bienniel, one year old plants
Eupatorium purpureum - joe pye weed
Foeniculum vulgare - bronze fennel
Helenium - yellow sneezeweed
Perennial Sunflowers
Helianthus x multiflorus 'flore pleno' double flower
Helianthus x multiflorus 'lemon queen'
Helianthus maximiliani Maximilian's Sunflower
Helianthus tuberosus - red tubers
Helianthus tuberosus - white tubers
Heliopsis helianthoides yellow ox eye daisy
Hemerocallis 'Stella d'Oro' Yellow Daylily
Hosta Sagae 3 mature plants
Hosta - large blue - 25 two-year old seedlings
Species Impatiens:
Impatiens balfouri - 2' poor man's orchid, purple/white - seedlings
Impatiens balsamiina - 18" doubles, mixed colors, white/pink/purple/red - seedlings
Impatiens capensis Wisconsin - 4' spotted jewelweed, light green stems & leave, light orange flowers - seedlings
Impatiens capensis ssp. 'doublewide' from South Carolina 6' giant late-blooming subspecies of I. capensis. Dark orange flowers. - seedlings
Impatiens capensis Pacific NW - red stem joints. Dark orange flowers, dark green foliage. - seedlings
Impatiens cristata - 3', pale yellow freckled flowers. - seedlings
Impatiens glandulifera 'candida'- white 6' policeman's helmet, himalayan impatiens. - seedlings
Impatiens glandulifera pink - 6' policeman's helmet, himalayan impatiens. - seedlings
Inula a.k.a. Telekia see below
Lysichiton camtschatcense - white-spathe skunk cabbage - seedlings
Lysimachia clethroides - gooseneck loosestrife - root cuttings.
Mondarda didyma - red beebalm
Oenothera elata ssp. hookeri - binniel yellow evening primrose, 3"yellow flowers
Penstemon digitalis 'husker's red'
Phlox paniculata - garden phlox, Hot Pink
Phlox paniculata - garden phlox, light lavender blue
Physalis alkekengi - chinese lanterns
Plantago major 'atropurpurea' - Purple leaf plantain
Solidago sp? - 6 feet - from Pittsburgh
Solidago sp? - 4' Pacific NW native
Tanacetum parthenium - feverfew
Tanacetum parthenium 'aureum' - golden feverfew
Telekia speciosa - 5' dramatic foliage, rangy yellow daisy flowers'
Verbena bonariensis purpletop vervain; purple top
Verbesina microptera -Mexican or Texas Winged Crown-Beard

Here is a link that might be useful: Green Elephant Plant Swap

o

Hi Jim,

I think I'll be able to attend the spring trade. Would the canna 'Bengal Tiger' meet your requirements for a "tiger-striped canna"? If so, would you have a rooted peach brug cutting available to trade for a good-sized canna clump?

Patrick

o

Hello Jim,
I'm coming, too.
Teresa

o

Oh Yeah, Patrick,

Bengal Tiger is what I'm talkin' about. I'd love a chunk of that. Anything you'd like to prearrange with me?

I'm taking the day off and attending the Northwest Flower and Garden Show with a friend for some inspiriation.

Theresa, anything you want to set up in advance?

Regards,

Jim

o

Hello Jim,
I can bring you a dahlia tuber of Wine and Roses. It is a waterlily type. I have other dahlias, but I will have to get out to the garage and see how they are doing and if I can see the eyes yet. Could you set aside a blue hosta for me?
Teresa

o

Dear Treepalm,

I will save a chunk of Hosta 'Sagae' for the 'Wine and Roses' waterlily dahlia. That leaves just one chunk left of the Hosta for a lucky trader.

FireVicar
Jim Eichner

o

Hi Jim,

I was asking if you'd trade a rooted brug cutting for a clump of 'Bengal Tiger'? I've grown a few daturas, but haven't had a chance to try a brug.

Thanks,

Patrick

o

Last year was the first time I had ever been to this kind of trade and I had a great time. Gardeners were so generous with their treasure of plants especially to a new gardener like me . This time I will have some plants to trade.
Looking forward to the Green elephant swap.

Sangeeta

o

Who wants a cutting of this brugmansia? I will have 20 or so rooted starts of this brugmansia for the Green Elephant. Hope to find some other colors of brugmansia at the Green Elephant.

Regards, Jim

o

Jim,
The bottom of your brug is cut off in this picture. Do you have it in the ground????
Also, in your experience, how long (on average) does Impatiens cristata take to germinate indoors? It has been over three weeks, most of my other seedlings have popped up, but I am still waiting on cristata
Hmm..

-Shilpa

o

Jim, Last year I did not make it to Green Elephant. Hope to this year. I do not have much to trade. I have some aster, senecio, helleborus seedlings and kniphofia. If you would like any of these I will be interested in some that you have.

Balraj

o

RE: the brugmansias: I dig them up in the fall and bring them into the garage for the winter, where they sit dormant. I plant them in May when the soil warms. I have had no success trying to overwinter them in the ground. Even if I keep them free of frost, they just can't take the soggy cold soil and rot.

RE: Impatiens cristata; last summer was the first time I grew them. I gave away all of my seed, so I don't have any to test for germination. Many seeds fell in the garden, which I'm counting on for this year's plants. I just don't know much about them. There is a trader Mr Impatiens on the GW who is the impatiens guru. You could find him on the Impatiens Forum. Perhaps he knows about Impatiens cristata.

RE: not that much to bring . . . Just come and bring what you have. People are generous with their extras.

I'd like to trade for the helliborus seedlings. I have 25 Hosta seiboldii (big blue with searsucker leaves) 2-yr old plants. They are little now, but they will get big.

Spread the word to your gardening friends.

Thanks,

FireVicar
Jim Eichner

o
RE:Brug Cutting

Hi Jim.........just sent you an email!

Patrick

o

Dear Patrick,

Yes, I will bring a lot brugmansia cuttings both rooted and ready to root, to the Green Elephant. Regards, Jim

o

Thanks Jim! Please put my name on one and I'll bring 'Bengal Tiger' for you.

Patrick

o

I am looking for spent amaryllis bulbs. If you have a Christmas leftover, please bring it to the Green Elephant. I'd like to attempt a rebloom, growing several together in one pot.

Also looking for Iris foetidissima, aka Gladwin Iris or Stink Iris. I can use as many as I can get.

Thanks,

Jim

o

Hi Jim,

I dug up my Sum and Substance hosta yesterday, dang hard! It looked as thought the previous owner who planted it not ony put it in a small space, but had not dug it up and divided it at all. It's a beautiful specimen, and already has buds peeking out. I think the trade with you for the black bamboo will be my only trade this year. The flowers that bloom from the S&S are very beautiful and fragrant, so I think you will be happy with it. See you next month!

Kendal

o

Dear Kendal,

I'll bring you a monster chunk of black bamboo for the Sum and Substance Hosta. Thanks, Jim

o

Hi Jim,

Follow this link, and in the upper right corner you can see the Sum and Substance hosta; it's in picture 4 with the hose in it. I wish I got a closer shot, but fro what you can see it's a pretty big hosta! It's under the misc. album, and the other hosta there is also huge. The garden picture with the lattice in the back ground is a brand new shade garden I planted last spring, all the hosta I planted there were pretty small, but I guess they like where I put them because they are growing very fast.

K

http://community.webshots.com/user/kendal27

o

I am going to try to make this swap, but don't have a lot to offer yet. I potted up some baby hardy cyclamen (pink) for special trades. These are a great shade plant (corm) that blooms in the fall/winter, and then put out lovely heart shaped leaves. I also have lots of sunchokes (jerusalem artichokes)- great perennial vegetable. Check out my list and let me know if there is anything in particular you want.

The Seattle swap has been tentatively scheduled for Sat May 21st- 11 am-3pm Same location (Casey Family Program Parking lot in Seattle's Central Area). Same open swap format- but prearranged trades also welcome. More details to be posted later.
Lynda

o

Dear Lynda,

This year we will use the south parking lot which is right next to the playground and the indoor ammenities, so your little one can romp safely within your gaze.

I'd love to get some of the cyclamen. My neighbor has a patch of it coming into bloom. The leaves are as interesting as the flowers.

Did you ever dig out that big rue? If you still have it I'd like it.

Regards,

Jim

o

Hi Jim,
Time is creeping up..didn't realize it was almost time for the green elephant! I would love to have a piece of your brugmansia if you have any left after trades. Also...if you could spare a tiny little itty bitty bleeding heart of any kind I would be ever so grateful. I have a few little sprouts coming up from my wintersown stuff toughing it out in these freezing nights. Maybe I will have something to bring! Babies, but something. Thanks again for your planning,
Susan

o

Brugmansias will be this years party favor for attending the Green elephant :)

Jim

o

Jim, Have been dying to get my hands on the Impatiens cristata and balfouri. I am bringing some seedlings of Campanula allairifolia and Symphyandra hoffamnii and S. pendula. (Sorry, am spelling from memory) Would you be interested in any of these? Michele

o

Dear Michelelee,

Bring your goodies, and I'll bring what I have. Last March, everything was growing when I brought it to the Green Elephant. This year my garden is in lock-down from the cold snap. I love the sunshine, but I'm praying for rain!

IF . . . this hard frost would end, I could have some seedlings of the species impatiens. Both have germinated in the garden, and frozen back. Unlike hardy perennials, when tropicals germinate early they freeze. So I'm looking for that window of weather to open for them to sprout. If they do I will bring many.

Ironically, I gave away all my own species impatiens seed last fall. I'll have plenty of seed this fall, and I think ahead to save some for myself.

Interestingly, even though it's been freezing cold, the impatiens species are germinating. How does a seed germinate from frozen ground?

Thought for the day.

Jim

o

I am so looking forward to this swap, it sounds like fun. I don't have a lot to trade, but I do make good cookies!!! and I have some small shrubs that need a good home in a wooded area. I would like to trade for some bamboo, my yard is all dirt right now, with no trees. so any plants would be well loved.

thanks, nikki

o

Hi..I haven't been to one of the Green Elephant Plant Swaps..but plan on making it this year. I know you asked for some really BIG bamboo..but I don't have any of that to bring....however..I do have a gallon pot of dwarf bamboo if you are interested in that.

Looking forward to coming..and think a couple friends of mine are coming too.

Here is a link that might be useful: My exchange page

o

Jim, no idea. Just glad mine have germinated anyway so will have more to trade. A question... Do we bring in pots, bare root, plastic bags, any, all? Just wondered. Michele

o

RE: how to bring seedlings. I think that seedlings in pots work well, however, I plan to bring seedslings in a little compost in ziplock bags. The seedlings are so small that they don't really suffer shock, and the bag keeps them from losing moisture. Have to be careful not to bruise them in transport.

I have my father-in-law's pickup truck. I am going to fork some compost into the bed, and pack all my bareroot stock in compost. Tiny seedlings, I'll have divided into zip-locks to trade. I'll bring garbage bags for the bareroot stuff for giving away. I will bring things back home in the compost in the back of the truck.

RE: dwarf bamboo, Bejoy, I'd love to trade for some of it.

Jim

o

Jim, Happen to have any blue hosta left? I have an Amarylis white with red stripe, foliage is still dying down. Also have some waterlily type dahlia pink with light yellow. Michele

o

Rosalynde,

I would soooo love some hardy cyclamen! Please take a look at my trade list. In a few days I will be receiving some hyacinth beans from Texas, that have been traced back 80 years to the mother plant...as well as heiloom green beans 'Earliserve'. Depending on how many I receive, these might interest you. PLMK

Patrick

o

I'll bring all 25 of my hosta seiboldii seedlings.

Jim

o

Hi Fire Vicar.. Will save a pot of dwarf bamboo for you. Looking forward to the Green Elephant Plant Swap. I am coming with my daughter, and two friends are planning on coming too I think.

Here is a link that might be useful: My exchange page

o

Fire Vicar,
Could you bring me a Indian rhubarb? I have a couple ideas for you, but can't think of proper names right now. I email you soon.
Teresa

o

The Indian Rhubarbs (Darmera peltata) are just itty-bitty one year old plants. I'll bring them all.

But if you contact Linda at Thistledown Farm, she's got the big roots. I'm not sure Linda is attending the swap this spring, but she is another grower who has them.

See you March 5,

Jim
FireVicar

o

Thanks FireVicar, the small plants will be fine. Would you like some mimulas guttatus? It is a native bog plant with yellow flowers.
Teresa

o

Please do bring the mimulus. I had that one a few years ago, but I lost it. I'd like to get another start.

Thanks,

Jim

o

I have for Green Elephant swap

Helleborus - chartreuse flowers
Linaria - purple
Crocosmia - light orange
Salix discolor - pussy willow
Vinca minor
Vinca major
Tanacetum parthenium - white feverfew
Achillea millifolium - white yarrow
Escallonia
Lupinus arboreus - native lupine yellow
Shasta daisy
Aster - pinkish purple

Tell me what you have.

Balraj

o

Hi, I will be bringing a 3 ft boulevard cypress
2 pots knififolia
3 pots one yr old lupin
4or 5 yucca's
orange day lillies
baby spider plants
4inch white datura
cissus quadrangula cuttings
baby dr seuss brug and a few other things I can bring if asked

o

Hi all,

I really want to meet the local gardeners in my new home state. Since I just moved here from Savannah, GA, I was unable to bring any plants with me.

I do have something that maybe would be of interest to some people, enough to share with several people. I must dispose of my peacock feathers due to allergy to the proteins in all things bird. Used to raise peacocks and have many tail feathers. They look stunning in a tall flower vase; most have eyes. These are the pricey, very long tail feathers. If there's interest in these, I can bring them for the swap and maybe trade for some plants.

girlsaylor

o

I am going to try to come for a short time. It will be great to meet people in person!

Fire Vicar, I emailed you about possible trades.

Bejoy- I would be interested in your Nora Barlow plant if it remains, and Crocosmia Lucifer. Let me know what color and how "big and showy" you like dahlias and I'll get a list together of tubers I have for trades. I also have a very deep rust with scant yellow unnamed daylily you might like.

Veeja: I will gather up your dahlia tubers and bring them.

Christine R. I will bring your tubers too and email you to confirm your choices from last Fall.

I will also pot up some perennials for newcomers- welcome to the great state of Washington- that may include Rudbeckia, monarda in scarlet ( excellent for hummingbirds,) dark and light lavender asters, maybe shasta daisies. Whatever I have time for between today and Friday.

o

My plan is to be there, but I have come down with a rather nasty chest cold complete with fever. So provided I get to feeling better by Saturday I will be there.
Trade List:
Foxglove mixed colors
Obedient Plant (purple)
Wht Calla Lily
Moon Vine (Alba)
Vinca Minor (Periwinkle)groundcover
Creeping Jenny groundcover
Lamium Yellow Arch Angel groundcover
Wht Pampas Grass
Unamed mixed color iris
Persian Cornflower (purple)

o

Not sure I can deliver on alstroemeria. I've been working in the garden and have covered them with mulch, which I do not want to disturb now.

I do have the yellow foxglove, and other things mentioned. I will bring as many of everything as I can and just hope for the best at the swap.

Thanks,

Jim

o

Oh okay Jim I understand.
I'm also interested in:
Phlox paniculata - garden phlox, Hot Pink
Phlox paniculata - garden phlox, light lavender blue
Plantago major 'atropurpurea' - Purple leaf plantain

I know I have more to bring than what I listed earlier, but I just can't think clearly today....dang fever!
Hope to see you and everyone else on Saturday.

Marc
RikerBear

o

This will be my first Green Elephant and I'm looking forward to meeting all of you!

To trade:

White foxglove
4 Phalaris "Dwarf Garters"
Black Mondo Grass
Nigella
Aloe
Spider plants
Primroses vulgaris (English)
Chamomile
White dahlia tubers
5-ft Ranier cherry tree*
8-ft 5-yr old Jonagold apple tree*

*Trees are for pickup from Renton

Want:

Blue lupine
Blue columbine
Dark blue delphinium (no white 'eye')
Spirea
Stachyurus
Euonymus
Hebes and pseudohebes
Monarda Blue Stocking
Reseda odorata Mignonette
Poet's Jasmine (J. officinale)

RikerBear, hope you're feeling better.

See you Saturday,
Sue

o

Sorry everyone, my trade list seems to have gotten deleted from gardenweb. I don't have time to rebuild it now. I'll bring the cyclamen and do on the spot trading. I have 6 baby corms. So far 3 are reserved (Jim, Patrick, and Sangeeta). I'll bring the sunchokes for anyone, and maybe some sunchoke soup so you can see how delicious it is!

I am always looking for plants that bloom in the shade or part shade (trilliums, primroses etc)

I have the same chest cold that everyone has gotten recently, but am past the contagious stage now.
See you all there.
Lynda

o

I also have redworms for worm bins, or for fishing! Bumper crop. Does anyone want some?
Lynda

o

Riker, I can bring you a division of my thalictrum if you like plmk

o

Oh yes please! Anything I can bring you veeja11?

Marc

o

Feeling almost back to normal today, so will indeed be at the swap/trade on Saturday.
All of you who emailed me regarding specific trades I have answered your emails.....if I missed anyone please contact me again and we can firm up what you want and what you might have that I just can't live without. :-)

Marc

o

Riker,I will bring your plant no need to trade, I owe you.
see ya there Little leaky, anything I can bring you ?

o

Veeja,
I would love to have a start of your thalictrum. I will bring all dahlias you wanted and more!
Lots of work to do to get ready- if I have time I'm bringing my healthy whole wheat chocolate chip cookies for breakfast and quick fast-track trading calories for all.
Poochella

o

Hi.

I'd love to come and meet some new gardening peeps, but really do not have much of anything to trade. Much of what was planted before I moved in seems to be fairly ordinary --nothing wrong with that, mind you, but am not sure how interested anyone would be in sedum Autumn Joy, plain ol' orange daylilies, etc. Should be able to bring Patrick888 some pony paks and perhaps 5 gal. pots, and could bake something gooey, too, but likely my trading will not be forthcoming until next year. Can I come??

Rain

o
RE: Hours of Green Elephant Plant Swap?

Oops! I followed the link to the swap page and now I feel like a sycophant. Have goodies, will travel. Question: When does it begin and end?

Thanks,

Rain

o

Yes indeed Rain your welcome to come. In past trades/swaps I've attended many people come with little or no plant material to trade....doesn't mean you can't come.
Oh and you would be surprised who all would be thrilled to get you 'orange daylilies' and 'Autumn Joy' sedum. last year I brought 4 fair sized clumps (multiple fans) of 'Ditch Lily' and they were the first thing of mine to get snatched up.

RikerBear
Marc

o

Blame it on the Rain: I'm bringing Autumn Joy and plain old dark orange daylilies- we can trade and end up none the worse for wear!

10a.m.- noon is when I am going to be there.

Fire Vicar, you never replied to my email so I can't send you an invite to my dahlia albums in case you wanted waterlily types. We can go over that later, if you're interested. Plenty of time til planting. I haven't even got to my dahlia sorting yet, still digging and labelling perennials.....
Gotta run,
I'll see you gardeners tomorrow.
Poochella/Annie

o

Jim, I'll trade you some small Iris foetidissima for a rooted peach brugsmania. I think they're Gladwin iris but am not sure. They have insignificant small brown flowers and lovely orange seeds. thanks, Jean (bluefleur)

o

Rain,

I would love to have some of your orange daylilies. Check my trade list and see if you like for something.
Last year was my first year at the trade and I had very few things that I brought but enjoyed the experience.
See you at the trade.

Sangeeta

o

Heirloom fingerling potatoes and heirloom egyptian walking (topsetting) onions for trade. Let me know ASAP if anyone wants them so I can pot up the onions.
Lynda

o

I am still building my garden (will be my first spring in my new house!!). So any cast offs or extras will be greatly appreciated. I will be bringing food goodies. Thanks,
Susan
Nightnurse1968

o

Lynda,

Let me know what you would like in return. I would like to have both.

Thanks,
Sangeeta

o

I'm bringing extra deer fern, penstemons, red bee balm, dahlia Prince Valiant(white w/wine streaks), orange daylilies, and maybe a few roses(pink and red-I don't remember which is which). Newbies, just let me know if you want me to put your name on anything.
Teresa

o

Teresa,
Would love penstemons if you still have. Check out my list above to see if there's anything you'd like.

Linda, what would you like from my list for the fingerling potatoes? Let me know if something can be worked out!

Sue

o

Sue, don't worry about a trade. I'll put your name on one.
Teresa

o

Rosalynde, have you tried crossing your walking onions with walla walla's ?

o

Teresa: Would love some Bee Balm.

Since I just moved out here 2 months ago I have no plants to share but I did make up packets of seed last night I had harvested from my old garden. I have a few packets each of:

Tall Snapdragons (multi color)
Foxgloves (lav. and white)
Cleome (Spider flower - Lav., pink and white)
Per. Sweet Pea (pink and white)
Bronze Fennel
Joe Pye Weed
Maybe a few more things....

If anyone is interested I'll write your name on a baggie!

Can't wait!

Cathie

Here is a link that might be useful: Former garden....

o

I haven't tried crossing the egyptian onions with walla wallas. They don't make large bulbs, just small topsetting shallot-like bulbs. They also are good as a green onion most of the year. I potted up 5. One reserved for Teresa, one for Sangeeta. Tersea, I'll take a penstemon in trade. Sangeeta, I'll take a provence lavender (or other lavender) in trade. Sue, I'm not sure what you have, but I can always take more primroses in trade for the fingerling potatoes.

I also potted up garden sorrel (2 pots), mache (annual gourmet salad green), creeping charlie, white "love in a puff" (annual), lambs ears, and perennial oriental poppies for trading tomorrow. I'm bringing several friends from our neighborhood garden club. See you all tomorrow!
Lynda

o

Cathie and Lynda, I have you down for the plants you asked for.
Teresa

o

lynda, I don't have any plants to trade for the egyptian onions. I did grow some when I was in NV and have thought about growing them here, if home made cookies is a fair swap for you I would love to trade. thanks nikki

o

Haven't logged on in months, only to find out the Green Elephant is
tomorrow!!

FireVicar, if you read this by a.m.--I have Acanthus Mollis I will dig up to trade for some skunk cabbage seedlings or alstroemeria

To any and all, I also have:

• Dahlia, white cactus tubers

• Acanthus spinosus, seed heads

• Taro tubers, ordinary green elephant ears

• Rudbeckia

See you all soon,
Janine (AuNatural)

o

FireVicar,
Yeah, me again--I can bring you some Hippeastrum Papilio Butterfly Amaryllis as well.
pic here
-J

o

Janine,
I would love more elephant ears! Is there anything I can get for you?
Teresa

o

Cfrizz, Cathie,
I will bring some scarlet/pink beelbalm for you in trade for some snaps seeds and or Joe Pye weed. Will have a few extra perennials for newcomers too. Wish I had more time to dig-
Poochella

o

Janine,
I am interested in Mollis breech if you have more, anything on my trade list that you would like.
Sangeeta

o

Hi again,
Tereasa--I'll take some deer fern for the taro if you have any left.
Sangeeta--Hi there. I hope the bamboo survived. I'll get you some acanthus as well.
See you soon.
-Janine

o

Janine,
I will put your name on them!
Teresa

o

Just had to thank every one for another wondeful trade! Came home with lots of goodies, now I just have to get them in the ground!
-Shilpa

o

Me too- thanks for a fun event. It's just a joy to see so many avid gardeners swapping away and it's fun to meet people in person. I am tickled pink with the goodies I got and hope people enjoy the things they got from me as well.

I will be coming back to this swap for certain. I got all my plants given away and got home with all but one of my cookies! What a great day. You CAN get new plants and eat your cookies too....
Annie

o

I had a great time also, LL you were younger than I thought.
Thankyou to the ladies who kept my dh full of cookies. He had fun also, can't wait to get my new goodies in the ground. thankyou all.

o

I'd also like to thank everyone for tier generousity today. I recieved some wondeful things today....things that had been on my 'wish list' for quite some time. I hope you all are pleased with the things you got from me.
I just finished getting all my new babies into their new homes. And now it's hot tub time (my back hurts) :-)

RikerBear
Marc

o

I wish I had more time to stick around, but we wanted to get up to Cougar Mountan before it got to busy. Thanks to Jim for the wonderful bamboo, its beautiful *G* I sat the bag up to fill with water and saw a little 1/2" new culm coming up, so tomorrow I'll plant the two clumps.

Thnks to Teresa for the ferns, and Shilpa for the day lillies. As my trees and bamboo grows up taller, and I get more shade I'll have lots of sun loving plants to trade as time goes by.

Kendal
*we made it up to the falls in good time, and got out just as a rush of people with their kids started up*

o

Thanks everyone for all the wonderful plants! It was a great trade, as usual. I had to leave early, so I didn't get to visit as much as I would have liked with all of you. Thanks Jim for hosting!
Teresa

o

Serendipity:

A radiant spring day.
The good company of avid gardners (we're a misunderstood lot.)
New plants for the garden.
We made the newspaper.
Everything is in the ground.
And today the hummingbirds arrived at the feeder.

A million thanks,

Jim

o

I had a lovely time, and feel quite rich with my garden gifts and new friends made. Thank you all!

Heather

o

Many Many thanks to everyone is all I can say. I came home with so many wonderful things and met some very friendly people. My garden is really filling out and I look forward to the day I can share from it. Half of everything is in the ground. My inlaws have come for their first visit since I was married in the fall, so we had to stop when they arrived. Maybe the rest will get in before the weekend is out! A special thank you to Jim for being the organizer and providing the location.

o

I would like to thank the person who gave my dh the baggie of cookies, when younger I might have been jealous, but thanks to you he stayed whole swap without complaining and when we got home and I was bringing my plant loot into the yard, he looked so cute with his little bag of cookies. thankyou. he loves your cookies. carol

o

thank you, thank you. that was so much fun, my two girls didn't even want to leave. what a great time we had. The black bamboo is wonderful addition to our new yard, it has set the stage for everything else to follow. I am still smiling over it's beauty!! you are welcome to anything in my yard except "THE BLACK BEAUTY". just let me know. and thanks again for all the other beautiful gifts.

o

Veeja, you thought I'd be old??? NEVER! Middle age = my age +10 years, which is going to be tough to explain at age 80, but I will try if I get there.

Nikki of all the wonderful things I saw at the swap, I am most envious of that gorgeous black bamboo- very stunning.

I have yet to get my Indian Plums, dogwood and mock orange located in the yard, then all my goods will be planted.
Thanks again to all, and to Jim for organizing.
Poochella

o

This was my second swap at Green elephant and I enjoyed it very much. Thank you Jim for oraganizing this and encouraging me to come to the swap the first time when I barely had any plants to share.
I was pleased with my all my trades.
Thank you Janine for the Acanthus- I have been looking for it for sometime. I didn't realize it was you. Yes the bamboos are doing great!!!

Sangeeta

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska and British Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here