Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: planting seeds for spring swap?

Posted by jburesh1388 z8 WA (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 13, 06 at 19:25

I've never been to the spring swap, but was thinking I could start a bunch of seeds in doors and bring extras of the starts to the swap. Do you think it is too soon to start flower/vege seeds?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: planting seeds for spring swap?

My opinion, most annuals are best started about 6 weeks before transplanting. Any earlier and they become somewhat unwieldy by the time they are ready to be transplanted. But you can count on the fact that people will be running a spring fever in early March. I have gladly traded for the tiniest of seedlings in little peat pots at the Spring Green Elephant. I say bring some starts and see if you start a new trend.

You can also sow seeds at the potting bench. I will provide soil, ID tags, some pots and flats, and you can sow seeds right there, or transplant seedlings the day of the swap.

It's all good.

Jim

o
RE: HAVE: planting seeds for spring swap?

Thanks for the encouragement Jim! I don't have many flowers to trade and so the seed starts idea. I'll plant a bunch and see what happens. Any one have any vege wants?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska and British Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here