Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sps_7_14

WANTED: Plant Swap in Shoreline - Interested?

sps_7_14
18 years ago

Hi,

Is anyone interested in a Swap in Shoreline? I will be happy to host one in May.

I would love to share my garden with other gardeners in the area. We moved into the house in October and it will be the first time to see all of the colors of the Rhodies growing in the forest in my backyard. There are a few dwarf conifers that I am taking out of the front garden and will have those available for trade - not sure of the names - but will post photos if someone wants them.

I hosted several swaps in Northern CA and we all had a ball. We can use my ÂHave and Want site that works without passwords or advertisements and is private. I also will be dividing some of the plants that I brought from CA (if any survive the freezing temps this week) and will be starting many different perennial seeds.

Please let me know if you are interested.

sps

Comments (26)

• firevicar
    18 years ago

Dear sps,

May is great. The first two weekends are best for me.

And please come and promote it at the Green Elephant in Redmond.

Regards,

Jim

Here is a link that might be useful: Green Elephant Plant Swap Sat March 4 10 am-Noon

• sps_7_14
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I will be there. Hope to meet everyone. I hope to have some babies to share. Will be digging next week.

I will post the Haves on your site.

Thanks Jim,
    sps

• Doris_J
    18 years ago

If you host a Shoreline gathering, I'll definitely be there!

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    18 years ago

Depending on the weekend I would definitely come! Haven't met a swap I didn't enjoy :-)

• doublemom
    18 years ago

Looks like we will have two trades in May, one in Shoreline and one in the south Sound in at my place in Bonney Lake. It would be great if we could coordinate our dates so that they are not both on the same weekend.

I was aiming for May 13 or 20, but haven't decided definitely which yet. Do you have a date picked out for your trade yet?

Andi
    a.k.a. doublemom

• sps_7_14
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Andi,
    Hope I did not step on anyones toes! The first weekend would be just fine for me and that would leave both of your dates open.

Would this work for you?

sps

• doublemom
    18 years ago

sps-

No problem at all! The more trades the merrier, in my opinion - More plants... more great food... more fun friends!:)

I just wanted to try to coordinate so that we wouldn't both be on the same weekend. I still haven't figured out which weekend mine is going to be (13th or 20th), I need to get with my family and see which would work best for them.

It's going to be a great gardening year if we can get past all this strange weather we've had in the past couple of months.

Andi a.k.a. doublemom

• michelelee
    18 years ago

I would love to come. I have many cuttings and will have good size seedlings by then. I am saving my extras. They will be happy to escape the compost pile. Michele

• akebia
    18 years ago

Count me in!

• jburesh1388
    18 years ago

I'll be there too!

• plantknitter
    18 years ago

Is this on Sat May 6th or Sun May 7th? What time?

The Master Gardener Plant sales are usually the first weekend of May, I think King Co is both Sat and Sun, but Snohomish Co. is only Saturday that I know of.

Just trying to work out the schedule to be able to get to all of these if possible.

• heatherisnotaweed
    18 years ago

I would like to be there as well, and I'm interested in your dwarf conifers :-)

Heather

• sps_7_14
    Original Author
    18 years ago

The swap will be on Sat. May 6th, 10:00 to 2:00 or ????

We will have a pot-luck lunch for those who want to stay and visit and there is lots of room indoors just in case it rains or is too cold for some to sit outside.

I am so happy to have someone ask for the little trees. They are cute, but I am allergic to them and only want to handle them once - when I pot them up!!! LOL

The swap website is almost done and I will send the link to anyone who is interested. It will be private and I will post the address and directions to my home. There will also be a lunch list so we don't all bring the same dish.

It is really fun to be able to match a face to the GW names and I think that is one of the neatest things to happen after a swap. Everyone was so nice and helpful at the Green Elephant and I felt very welcomed into my new garden community. This time I will have plants to share and will list them on the swap site.

Thanks again Jim for the Green Elephant and to everyone who gave me plants without expecting anything in return.
    sps

• grrrnthumb
    18 years ago

I would sure like to be there. I had a blast at Green Elephant.
    Does anyone know or have a link to the date/time of the big Master Gardener's sale in May?
    - Tom

• Doris_J
    18 years ago

Hey! I'm interested in dwarf conifers, too! How could I have missed that the first time! If you have any that aren't spoken for, please let me know, and check my trade list!

• alaskanamazon
    18 years ago

I'd love to come! I'll bring carnivorous plants!

• plantknitter
    18 years ago

grrrnthumb, check out the plant sale calendar at miller library.

sps, what are you looking for in trade(s), for the dwarf conifers or?

Here is a link that might be useful: miller library calendars

• firevicar
    18 years ago

Dear Shirley,

Sat May 6, 10 - 2 please email me with the directions.

Thanks,

Jim

• flora2
    18 years ago

I'd love to come as well

• Doris_J
    18 years ago

Is the website ready? Not that I'm anxious...

• ccckoball
    18 years ago

Hi sps, -Count me in. If I work that day, perhaps I can do an early drop off of some things for people to 'have-at-it' & they can leave something as a suprize exchange for me if they feel like it. craig.

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    18 years ago

Craig you are such a generous guy. I was one of those still at the Green Elephant when you arrived was lucky enough to get some of your irises. I don't know what I will bring you, but I will find something!!

• ccckoball
    18 years ago

WANTED for Shoreline swap: Bamboo on my want list, Daylily in spider types, or whites, or green, or black, etc. etc. and other things that will raise my blood pressure a notch.-Also, to nightnurse; thanks for your kind words-it was absolutely my pleasure.
    Craig.

• lauraann
    18 years ago

I'll be coming! will need directions too.
    Thank You
    Laura

• sps_7_14
    Original Author
    18 years ago

The web forum should be up shortly. There are a few problems with the server and they are working on it. Fortunately we have lots of tme and will be able to use real soon.

If you send me your email, I will send you the link for the swap forum. I would post it here but that will result in tons of spam. I will also send everyone the address and directions. The directions from Yahoo are perfect and it is really easy to find the house.

Eric from West Seattle sent me a link to a wonderful garden a couple of miles from our house in Richmond Beach. They have a regular Tour Day and it is Sat. May 6th from 10:00am to noon. Would anyone like to go on the tour before lunch and exchanging plants? What are your thoughts?

I will make sure the people at the garden are aware of how many will be visiting if that is what some would like to do. Here is the link to the garden.

I am looking forward to meeting everyone - it is going to be a great day!

Here is a link that might be useful: Kruckeberg Garden near the Shoreline Swap

• Patrick888
    18 years ago

Hi Shirley,

I would love to come for the swap, but I work Saturday afternoons & would have to leave about 1PM. If the trading will take place after the garden tour and lunch, I'll probably need to pass this time. Looks like you should have a good turnout, however, so I'm sure everyone will enjoy.

Patrick

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting