Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oliveoyl3

wanted: have: green elephant mar. 6

oliveoyl3
14 years ago

Anyone want me to bring these for you? Some of these items I won't dig up unless they have a new home.

Edibles: rhubarb, strawberries, spearmint

Flowers: primrose (ÂWanda violet w/yellow eye) spreading type for borders, shasta daisy

Natives: salal, sword fern, mosses

Pot accents (or groundcovers in poor soil): aegopodium (bishop's weed -spreading variegated), vinca major (large perwinkle), Hedera ivy, ground ivy (variegated round leaf, mint smell)

Comments (6)

• treepalm
    14 years ago

Hello Carrine,
    I have a neighbor that wants vinca major. What are you looking for? I could dig up some variegated ground covers for you. I don't know what they are called, but they both have small leaves and are evergreen. One is green and white and is planted in full sun with no extra watering. The other is green and yellow and is planted in mostly shade. It doesn't get any extra water either.
    Thanks,
    Teresa

• keithruck
    14 years ago

I'm interested in some rhubarb, especially if it is anything other than the standard storebought red variety (pink, green, etc)- although if you have extra, I'd take anything as I have a rockwall against which I want to plant a whole line of rhubarb.

Are the strawberries everbearing? If so, I'd love just a few starts. We invested in white strawberries this year, so I should have some starts of that to bring to the fall trade or next spring.

I'm not sure I have anything on your list, but I plan to bring plenty of aluminum plant tags, some (food) treats, and anything else I can find.

• bejoy_gw
    14 years ago

Here is my have list for the Green Elephant trade..so far anyway. Nothing special but..here they are.

Gallon sized divisions of:

Winter Iris..2
    Shasta Daisy..Alaska..2
    Daylily..ditch orange 1
    Penstemon..purple..1
    Sweet Flag variegated..1
    Thrift..1
    Currant ...non-native..1
    Vinca Minor...2
    Primrose..Wanda..1

4 inch divisions of...

Strawberry Begonnia..4
    Salvia.identified as Salvia Ostfriesland nemorosa by a
    master gardener ... 2
    Primroses..a mix....labels lost...4
    Primroses..Wanda..2
    Primrose..low growing maroon bloom..1
    Grape Hyacinth..4
    Saxifragra..unknown.2 of two kinds
    Campanula Persicifolia..blue...1
    Jacob's Ladder.blue...2
    Dames Rocket..1

I have the Pampas Grass for you, Teresa.
    I have the Red Cedar tree..for you, Jim.

Now..if I promised anything that has not been received..please let me know.
    Bejoy

• oliveoyl3
    Original Author
    14 years ago

We've been away at another camp in OR since Sunday afternoon.

Keithruck: here's more info, just let me know if you want me to dig the rhubarb & if you want some of the strawberries.

rhubarb: new to me last spring from a friend who had originally rec'd it from her parents' home. I planted all she gave me & put some in a nursery bed type stop as they were small divisions. Her stalks last June were tall & skinny, red outer & green inside not like I remember from childhood. She said water + manure would improve them. We'll have to see how our plants are different. She has more sun, but I have more manure + used coffee grounds + mulch.

strawberries: I believe they are everbearing Ozark Beauty. I started w/ 2 plants in a pot in 2002 and can't recall buying any other plants, but I'm not exactly certain.

Juicier berries than storebought & best eaten within a day or two once picked, produces lots of runners, cold hardy, large crop late June through early July about 3 weeks, some blooming in late summer, but our trees & deer prevent a fall crop.

Teresa: lots of vinca for you

:o) Corrine

• keithruck
    14 years ago

I'd love to have one rhubarb and just a few starts of the strawberry; I'll find an isolated area for the strawberry so I can try a few different varieties. Thank you!

• oliveoyl3
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Keithruck: come to the white Suburban to pick up your "order" labeled.