Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geostv

HAVE: Darlow's Enigma

geostv
19 years ago

I have a good sized Darlow's Enigma rose from Heirloom Garden roses. It blooms all summer (and until November this year), and tolerates some shade. I had to move a large one, and this is a well-rooted plant from the clump. Its yours to pick up in SW Portland. I'm just off the Taylor's Ferry exit off I-5. Check out heirloom for a detailed description - small leaved, and quarter sized white fragrant flowers. I don't need anything in trade, just looking for a good home for this rose.

From the heirloom catalog:

A real mystery. A fantastic rose of unknown origin that has everything going for it. Purest white, semi-double blooms that open flat to show golden centers, produced in clusters that are so wonderfully fragrant with rich, sweet perfume that, when conditions are right, you can smell from 10 feet away. All this on a vigorous, upright plant with dark green, glossy foliage. Very disease-resistant. The plant without bloom is beautiful, but it is never without bloom. Louise has it in her garden in full shade which doesn't faze it at all. Add to this its extreme winter hardiness to zone 4. Visitors continue to take this one home with them. Always in bloom.

http://www.heirloomroses.com/cgi/browse.cgi?page=item&cat=17&item=171

Comments (2)