Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Dahlias

Posted by chrisrobt z8 MI,WA (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 27, 07 at 18:20

It'a a bit early to get them out but I will bring some to the GE as arranged trades. If I've promised you dahlias in the past, please let me know. The problem with getting them out when it is cold it there will be no visible eyes so I can't guarantee they will grow. I will try to select good solid looking tubers.

Most of my extra stock will be going to the Hmong farmers who lost their stock in the November floods, but I still have some to trade (and will probably have more available in mid April)

Christine

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Dahlias

Hi, I am intersted in some of your dahlias. I have a few cerinthe majors, lysimachia ciliata, "firecracker", a few starts of variegated st. john's wort, a ranunculus groundcover, has small yellow flowers.
I would be interested in bright and dark colors.
Thanks!
Julie

o

Julie, I have selected six dahlia tubers for you; I'd like the cerinthe and ranunculus. Is the var St John's wort as invasive as its non variegated cousin?

Christine

o

I havn't found the St. John's wort to be invasive, it will self seed but easy enough to control. Got you down for the cerinthe and ranunculus, will set aside a St. John's wort also.
Thanks!
Julie

o

I am new(as of today)to this website.I am very interested in any color of Dahlis.My husband and I are realitivly new gardeners hoping to expand our Cana's and Giant Elephants and new additions to our soon to be bit-o-tropical paradise here in victoria.Any suggestions?.For our backyard garden would like Dahlias,zinnias,clamitis,westeria ect...Have tons of marigolds-cracker jack multiple colors.Thanks Chris

o

Christine, What is ranunculus ground cover? google search shows quite a few different ones

o

Chris, that message was about the the Green Elephant trade in early March; I had done some trades last Fall for Dahlias in the Spring and needed to get in touch with those I had promised dahlias.

Purplelotus, I didn't post the note about the ranunculus ground cover...

Christine

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska and British Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here