Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jburesh1388

HAVE: April trade in Newcastle

jburesh1388
16 years ago

Hey all,

I'm going to miss the Green Elephant, but will host a trade this spring at my home in Newcastle. If you have weekends in April when you can't make it, let me know. It'll be a pot luck, and we'll probably eat indoors depending on the weather.

See you then!

Comments (28)

• michelelee
    16 years ago

Wow Jackie, I cant believe you are going to do it again! I will be there. Michele

• Doris_J
    16 years ago

I'll be there! I'm just hoping for any weekend but the first one in April! Woo hoo! Trading, trading, trading!

• flora2
    16 years ago

May I suggest any weekend that does not involve the kids' spring break (yes, I do have an agenda :) Maybe the last one so we have more things available? One way or the other thanks for hosting and I am hoping to attend.

• Patrick888
    16 years ago

Aren't various schools taking spring breaks throughout the month of April?

• treepalm
    16 years ago

Hey, Isn't it Doris's birthday in April? LOL. It is mine, and I would love a trade to go to.
    Teresa

• flowerfan2
    16 years ago

I would love to come. Any week-end in April is fine for me. It will be fun to see how your hosta's have grown. Thanks for hosting again! Karen

• Doris_J
    16 years ago

What, my birthday, in April? Heh, heh...why yes, I believe it is...

• jburesh1388
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey all, based on current feedback on this site and DG the 19th sounds like the best day.

My hostas are getting bigger, but I doubt they'll be up by then. We had to redo our septic last spring so had to put in new sod. Thankfully the guys in the backhoe were really careful and stayed out of the gardens. I was so impressed. I don't think I lost a single hosta.

All are welcome and we will probably have some live music after lunch for those who want to stick around. DH has a alt-country band and they love to get together and play.

• chrisrobt
    16 years ago

I missed the GE trade due to a prior committment and would love to do a spring trade; my dahlia bulbs will be ready for adoption at that time (and my birthday is also in April!!).

I missed the gunnera Jim promised me at GE...

Christine

• sedum_gal
    16 years ago

Yay! Live music AND a plant swap! Sounds like fun...
    I look forward to seeing all my Gardenweb buddies again, and making good on the trades I have outstanding. If I owe you plants from last year's swap at Teresas, please speak up. :o)

• bejoy_gw
    16 years ago

WOW..Thanks a great big bunch for hosting another plant trade. Sorry you missed the Green Elephant. As usual it was great!

I will be there if at all possible. That date is well marked on my calendar.

Marie

• flora2
    16 years ago

Great! The 19th sounds perfect (my child's birthday but I will escape for a tiny bit). After all, I think she loves a beautiful garden as well :)
    Looking forward to it.

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    16 years ago

Yeah!!!! I'll be there (with shoes on this time)

• kellied
    16 years ago

Looks like Lanelle (newfhead) and I will both be there. My move back to Washington is complete and it is time to get enthused again!

• grrrnthumb
    16 years ago

I'll be there. I was bummed I couldn't go to the spring Green Elephant. I should have lots of tropicals incl brugmansia (April 19 is perfect for planting them out!), divisions of perennials, Delphinium Elatum seedlings (from Dowdeswell in NZ), and more. :^)
    - Tom

• sunshinecup
    16 years ago

I will be there! I am sooo glad it is almost Spring and it will be fun to celebrate at the plant exchange. My plants need a little more time to decide if they want to come up again this year:)

• tuffyworld
    16 years ago

I would love to attend. I haven't attended a swap in several years.

thanks

Katie

• Patrick888
    16 years ago

Hmmm, looks like all us April babies like gardening!

I think I can attend, but work that afternoon, so can't stay long. I think I'm going to have plants to get rid of as I work at freeing up space in my flower beds. I will get my HAVE list updated in early April.

I hope a few folks that grow hummingbird plants will be attending?

• chrisrobt
    16 years ago

The date is on my calendar and I should be ablee to attend. I will have dahlia tubers available to trade. Much of my garden near my house has been trampled by contractors replacing the siding and our major remodel so will need some replacement plantings. I've lost almost all of my sedums and a couple toad lilies. I understand that daphnes can be rooted from cuttings the same way as you do with hydrangeas and I'd love to give this a try. Jim, do you have any of the Darmeras peltadas available?

Christine

• jools42
    16 years ago

Cool!

I'd like to go, too! I went to my first swap last year (Teresa's house, maybe?) and got so many new goodies and I was able to share a few myself.

Just today I was eyeballing my 3 huge clumps of knifophia and thinking they are way too big to keep where they are...

• andreab
    16 years ago

Yay! April 19 is marked on my calender. I'm looking forward to it.

Andrea

• Patrick888
    16 years ago

Jools, are your kniphofias the old-fashioned red-hot poker cultivars, or some other color?

• jools42
    16 years ago

(argh, I always mess up the spelling on that like I did up there! *blush*)

patrick - mine are your basic standard yellow/orange/red. would you like some, or were you seeking a different color?

• kirklandgal
    16 years ago

I'm new to GardenWeb and missed the GE in REdmond. I'm planning on attending your get together to meet everyone. I live in Totem Lake (N Kirkland). I've got some items listed for trade - and I'll be updating items that I'm looking for. Since I'm new to this, If no one wants/needs anything that I have, but I find something at your get together that I want/need - do I pay for it or ???. I'm aleady interested in the red hot poker mentioned above.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lynda in Kirkland's Exchange List

• Patrick888
    16 years ago

Hi Jools...I already have that kind of kniphofia, thanks. I'm on the lookout for some of the newer cultivars.

Lynda, have you tried phygelius? Some produce a lot of nectar, but some produce very little. With good drainage, they grow well here.

{{gwi:678367}}

• albabela
    16 years ago

Hey Garden webbers!

I am going to be out of town so I'll miss this trade. Have fun trading and I hope you newbies go home with your truck full of loot... err I meant treasures.

-Shilpa
    (Albabela)

• kirklandgal
    16 years ago

Patrick is the phygelius (Cape Fuschia) the same as a Hardy Fuschia? Is this something that folks might have to trade (reading about it, it appears it is propagated by division rather than seed). If ok from seed let me know. Thx!

• Patrick888
    16 years ago

kirklandgal, "Cape Fuchsia" is just a nickname because phygelius reminded someone of fuchsias. But Phygelius and Fuchsia are different plant species. Both are commonly grown from cuttings, probably to get plants identical to their mother plant, altho both species CAN be grown from seeds if you don't mind "guess work" in what you get.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting