Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
haileyzone7

HAVE: Mature Hydrangas!

haileyzone7
15 years ago

This is my first post ever so first of all hi everyone! Down to business: I have 2 large hydrangas, not sure what color but very healthy! Also have mature 11 foot arbirvitaes that I will dig out. Let me know if anything sparks interest!

Comments (9)

• carrie_seattle
    15 years ago

This is my first post, too! Since we bought our first house, I have completely been bitten by the gardening bug. :) What area are you located in and what are you looking for?

• haileyzone7
    Original Author
    15 years ago

How ironic! I have gone nuts with the garden since we moved into our lake Stevens home this January, same thing! Well I'm looking for english laurel (yes I have room for it to grow into a tree), any hardy tropical like windmill palms, purple flax, purple cannas ect.

• treepalm
    15 years ago

Haileyzone7, you might want to check out the Olympia Trade. Someone is offering palms.
    Treepalm

• carrie_seattle
    15 years ago

Unfortunately, I don't have any of those plants (I have the NW favs of rhodies and arbovitaes). However, it looks like someone else might. See you on here again! :)

• grrrnthumb
    15 years ago

Hi Hailey. :)
    It looks like I won't be able to make this one, even though I really want to, but if anyone sees anything they like at my exchange page here, I can probably arrange for Hailey to bring it, and you can trade directly with her, since she's my daughter.
    I also told her to bring cookies since she's just starting out. You still going to do some baking Hailey? Save a few for Pop. :)
    - Tom Hulse

• treepalm
    15 years ago

You really want Laurel? I pulled a huge hedge out last year. There are a couple small starts in the yard that I haven't pulled out yet. If I have a chance, I'll dig them up tomorrow and bring them to the Green Elephant.
    Teresa

• franswindowbox
    15 years ago

Hey What up ... Haven't seen you all in so long. So fill me in, I hear mature hydreangeas I'm in the mix? Have a missed the date or am I hitting it right on ??? I would love the hydrangeas.. and or the aborvites???
    I have lots 2 trade but haven't made a list for a long long time!!! I have a couple of large valunteers that look like laurels. I have other things like hostas(mini's) and a lot of perennials. some hydreangeas starts of different varieties lmk~Thanx Frani

• haileyzone7
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Frani, you have large laurels eh? How large we talkin? Digable large? Or need-an-excavator large? I was lookin for something along the established lines. I have 2 large hydrangas, I pruned them 2/3 back as they hadn't been maintained in a long time from the previous homeowner. At their current state, they could even probably be divided into 2, 3, or 4 depending on the root ball pattern. It's exciting to see the first green shoots on them, almost time for spring!!

• franswindowbox
    15 years ago

I only have one laurel it is digable. it is a volenteer so I have no idea of what type it is ? what type of hydrangeas are they?