Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Mature Hydrangas!

Posted by haileyzone7 7 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 4, 09 at 3:45

This is my first post ever so first of all hi everyone! Down to business: I have 2 large hydrangas, not sure what color but very healthy! Also have mature 11 foot arbirvitaes that I will dig out. Let me know if anything sparks interest!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Mature Hydrangas!

This is my first post, too! Since we bought our first house, I have completely been bitten by the gardening bug. :) What area are you located in and what are you looking for?

o

How ironic! I have gone nuts with the garden since we moved into our lake Stevens home this January, same thing! Well I'm looking for english laurel (yes I have room for it to grow into a tree), any hardy tropical like windmill palms, purple flax, purple cannas ect.

o

Haileyzone7, you might want to check out the Olympia Trade. Someone is offering palms.
Treepalm

o

Unfortunately, I don't have any of those plants (I have the NW favs of rhodies and arbovitaes). However, it looks like someone else might. See you on here again! :)

o

Hi Hailey. :)
It looks like I won't be able to make this one, even though I really want to, but if anyone sees anything they like at my exchange page here, I can probably arrange for Hailey to bring it, and you can trade directly with her, since she's my daughter.
I also told her to bring cookies since she's just starting out. You still going to do some baking Hailey? Save a few for Pop. :)
- Tom Hulse

o

You really want Laurel? I pulled a huge hedge out last year. There are a couple small starts in the yard that I haven't pulled out yet. If I have a chance, I'll dig them up tomorrow and bring them to the Green Elephant.
Teresa

o

Hey What up ... Haven't seen you all in so long. So fill me in, I hear mature hydreangeas I'm in the mix? Have a missed the date or am I hitting it right on ??? I would love the hydrangeas.. and or the aborvites???
I have lots 2 trade but haven't made a list for a long long time!!! I have a couple of large valunteers that look like laurels. I have other things like hostas(mini's) and a lot of perennials. some hydreangeas starts of different varieties lmk~Thanx Frani

o

Frani, you have large laurels eh? How large we talkin? Digable large? Or need-an-excavator large? I was lookin for something along the established lines. I have 2 large hydrangas, I pruned them 2/3 back as they hadn't been maintained in a long time from the previous homeowner. At their current state, they could even probably be divided into 2, 3, or 4 depending on the root ball pattern. It's exciting to see the first green shoots on them, almost time for spring!!

o

I only have one laurel it is digable. it is a volenteer so I have no idea of what type it is ? what type of hydrangeas are they?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska and British Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here