HAVE: Important! Information for the Pennisula/Brinnon Trade

elaine8_gw
19 years ago

Pennisula/Brinnon Trade

Potluck

Date: Saturday, April 23rd

Time: 11:00 a.m. til 3:30 p.m. or longer

Lunch will be 1:00 p.m.

Jerome and I will provide name tags, Construction paper for marking your trade location, paper plates, cups, and utencils. Please bring your drink of choice. We will have coffee available.

WORD OF WARNING

We have a path that leads to the Dosewallips River. Please keep track of your children.

If anyone is sensitive to animals..we have a well mannered dog who wanders freely on our property.

I will send directions to everyone who signs below. If you have your gardenweb e-mail address blocked..you will need to e-mail me your active e-mail address.

Plant trading can be pre-arranged or on the spot trades. After all trading is completed, we will have a "for grabs location" after lunch.

Newbies are welcome..so don't feel embarassed about not knowing anyone or bringing very little to trade. I'm sure everyone will leave with a plant/plants.

O.K. Let's have fun! Let the trading begin!

Oh ya...you don't necessarily need plants to trade. Many gardeners will trade for other items.

One other thing. PLEASE UPDATE YOUR HAVE/WANT TRADE LISTS.

Comments (26)

• drtdgr
    19 years ago

Elaine, I will be coming with a friend, Lynn. She is going through chemotherapy and is just now becoming interested in gardening.

She's been a real trooper so far and will be done in July.

If anyone has any oriental or asiatic lilies, or datura/brug starts, she would be thrilled to have them.

Thanks! Susan Long (aka drtdgr)

• kellied
    19 years ago

Don't need directions as I remember it well!

• treepalm
    19 years ago

I'm coming!
    Teresa

• SeniorBalloon
    19 years ago

I am hoping to make it this year. I mean it. No, really I am.

Looks like I'll have a few hosta "capitatas" to trade.

jb

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    19 years ago

I still hope to come and might possibly bring a neighbor who has been very interested in all of the plants I've brought home after the other exchanges I've been too!! She says..."They gave them to you????" With a look of confusion and uncertainty. I shared one of the hydrangea cuttings someone was kind enough to bring me at the fall Green Elephant and she was tickled pink. Made me feel good to be able to share with someone else since I have only been in a position to receive recently!

• doublemom
    19 years ago

I'll try to be there! We may have company coming from out of town, but won't know for a while yet. I'll email you with my email addy for directions.

Andi :)

• tuffyworld
    19 years ago

Hi Elaine, I'm one of the newbees,who committed in Feb. I will be bringing my hubby.
    Thanks again,

Katie

• princesskatja
    19 years ago

I'd like to come - I'm a newbie but may have some things to bring from the new greenhouse; will have to wait and see. I will update my list. I may have some baby brugmansia and datura by then.

• Patrick888
    19 years ago

I'm planning on being there...and I have a new gardening friend I want to bring along; we've already been trading plants/seeds.

Patrick

• bejoy_gw
    19 years ago

Hi Elaine..I sure am still hoping to come. I have two or three friends that will be coming even if I for some reason can't. *G* If I am not here..or for some reson I can't come... I will send some plants through these great ladies who are in the beginning stages of their new garden here on the island.

SO..I will need the directions..and thanks!

AND~~~Again..THANKS so much for offering your beautiful place for this wonderful time of sharing.

• elaine8_gw
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Only 4 weeks away. Who still neeeds directions?

• tuffyworld
    19 years ago

I do! I do!
    Me the newbee.

Thanks Elaine,
    Katie

• ChefLisbeth
    19 years ago

Hello Elaine and all!
    Missed you guys at the green elephant.
    Would love to come, please send directions.
    Will post haves and wants when I see what's what with the seeds I've started. I'll have mostly seedlings.
    Happy Gardening! ChefLisbeth/Elisabeth

• elaine8_gw
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Sharon in Kingston. I've tried to e-mail you several times with directions and all my e-mails are rejected.
    Please unblock my e-mail address so we can communicate.
    Thanks, Elaine

• garden_of_mu
    19 years ago

Hi Elaine - I'd like to come and will bring food and plants to give away. Since I am currently digging up the garden to move I won't be bringing any home though (yeah right - like that could happen). =)

Mike

• elaine8_gw
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Hi again Sharon,
    My e-mails are still being sent back.
    Please e-mail me your mailing address and I will send you directions via the Post Office.
    Thanks, Elaine

• sedum_gal
    19 years ago

Hi Elaine,
    I could use directions...
    I've been to your lovely home once (last year, I think), but could use a refresher on how to get there.
    Who was it that said, There's nothing wrong with my memory...it's just short!'
    ~Lisa

• treepalm
    19 years ago

Hello Elaine,
    My husband and daughter will also be coming.
    Teresa

• heatherisnotaweed
    19 years ago

Hi Elaine,

I will be there and need directions. All I have to trade this year is lots of French Lilac starts. I have a new house (1920!) and nothing in the yard yet except lots of yummy scented lilacs!

Heather

• CathyJ
    19 years ago

Elaine,

I *think* I remember how to get to your lovely home and gardens, but sure would hate to get lost along the way......

Cathy

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    19 years ago

Hiya Elaine,
    You have already sent me directions, but could I request them once again? I have since gotten a new computer and your email is in lala land on my old one :-). Looking very much forward to the trade! Thanks,
    Susan

• Doris_J
    19 years ago

I need directions!

• flowerfan2
    19 years ago

Hi Elaine, I am not sure if I have to work yet on the 23, but please send me your directions just in case. I will be coming from Puyallup. Thanks. Karen

• kitty32_z8
    19 years ago

Elaine,
    Please send me directions.
    Kathy

• Patrick888
    19 years ago

Hi all,

Over the months there have been several "I'll try to there" messages...we're just over a week away, so how about we take a count once more to get a better idea of who all will be able to attend. Maybe we can simply state:

Yes....me +1 (or 2, etc.)
    -or-
    Still maybe...me +1 (similar to above)
    -or-
    Sorry, won't be able to attend after all..drat, I'm so bummed!

I'll start.

YES....me +1

Patrick

• treepalm
    19 years ago

Yes, me plus two (or 1 and a half, depending how you count)
    Teresa