Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
treepalm

HAVE: Issaquah trade Sat., April 28th

treepalm
17 years ago

Issaquah trade close to the junction of Issaquah-Hobart road and Highway 18. I'll send directions closer to the trade.

Trade: Sat. April 28th

Time: 10 to whenever

Lunch: Potluck at noon

Comments (60)

• Poochella
    17 years ago

Re-sent, Re-sent! Not 'resent.' Let me know if you do or don't get the mail, Purple lotus.

Mostly what I will be thinning out are standard perennials: some low lying garden edgers: sedum, hyssops, rock cress, right on up to the daisies, phlox, rudbeckia, daylilies, iris, asters. I just don't have time to type them all in right now. THese are nothing fancy, but for a bare yard or beginning gardener they would be great.

Anyone else coming to the late April swap is welcome to speak up if you want to try something: I will bring divisions in plastic bags: not enough pots for me to spare.
    Annie

• jools42
    17 years ago

Hello, all!

Is this trade open to newbie/lurker types? :) I'm pretty much a "beginner" at gardening and my yard has very few beds so I'd be thrilled with anything; I don't have anything fancy to offer though - rose campion, some blue & purple glad bulbs, hostas, some type of spurge, a variegated grass, maybe bee balm if it is growing yet, shasta daisy, red hot poker - can I join you all with my minimal offerings? I promise I'll even look up their botanical names between now and then. ;)

• grrrnthumb
    17 years ago

Better get crackin' on the Google image search page with those latin names Jools. ;^)
    Would you like a Morning Glory vine seedling that came from a double blue picotee? Do you have Autumn Joy Sedum yet? Every garden should have a little.
    - Tom

• treepalm
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hello Jools,
    Yes, this trade is open to all. We would love to have you. When you have a chance, put a few things on your want list. That way us oldies know what you might like. I would love some glad bulbs. If you don't find anything on my have list, just let me know. I have plenty more I haven't listed yet

Hello Poochella,
    I have lots of pots if you would like some just email. I'm raising my beds and looking for things that will drape over the edges, so I would love a few garden edgers.

Teresa

• flowerfan2
    17 years ago

Hi Annie, I would be interested in your rock cress and hyssop. I see you don't have e-mail set up on your garden web page. I have lots of plants on my trade list so LMK what I can bring you in return. Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: Karen's trade list

• Poochella
    17 years ago

Hi Flowerfan, I could have sworn I had my email set up here- others have emailed me at that address: weird! But it should be on my page now. Sorry Purplelotus!

Got you down for the low hyssops (no tag, sorry) and rock cress in bloom now.

What color is your campanula glomerata? I have blue, but might want more because it doesn't spread here. I would be interested in trying the tiarella too. (Says she who was just going to get RID of plants and not adopt others LOL)

Treepalm, I'll email you about pots and put you down for some draping edgers available.

Anyone else putting in new shrubs or large plants that come in a 5-7 gallon pot: don't throw them away! I would love to put them to use.
    Annie

Purplelotus: if you're still out there, I apologize for asking you to email me, and having no visible email! Should be ready to go now.

• jools42
    17 years ago

Thanks, Tom! I would love some Ipomoea (yay me! LOL) and I don't have the Autum Joy sedum yet, either.

• Poochella
    17 years ago

JOOLS- say no more. I will bring you all the Autumn Joy Sedum you want- very easy to grow and reproduce by cuttings, and pretty besides!

• jools42
    17 years ago

Thanks for the welcome, Teresa/treepalm -- I will make a want and trade list and I'll take a look at yours. :)

• purplelotus
    17 years ago

Sorry Annie(Poochella), looks like my spamguard didn't let your mail through. I just sent you an email, I hope you got it. I would love to start with whatever you can spare and will be very thankful. As I said, I am starting with a yard covered with lawn everywhere. There is a small strawberry patch. I can bring some strawberry plants if anyone wants.

• purplelotus
    17 years ago

grrrnthumb thanks for pointing to google images. I never thought of that, I have been searching and then going through pages. this is so much easier!

• purplelotus
    17 years ago

I just finished googling the plants you guys have listed on your pages. wow, they are so beautiful. though I am pretty sure by Apr 28th I won't remember what Acanthus mollis is :)
    Tom, would you please bring some English delphiniums for me, if you have some to spare?
    thanks.

• grrrnthumb
    17 years ago

Sure purplelotus, I'll bring 'em. Do you also want a baby of those big leaved thingys with the tall spike blooms (Acanthus molis, Bear's Breeches)?

I love the google image search! I leave another page open sometimes for it. Copy & paste the long latin names and you can have dozens of pictures up in front of you within a few seconds.

• sokkappa
    17 years ago

Greenthumb, I would like to have one of your small Acanthus mollis. Please see my page to see if you would like something in trade.

Balraj

• sokkappa
    17 years ago

I thught I posted my want list once before. But now I cannot find it since there are several threads for Issaquah trade. So here is my list again. Please see my page for what I have that you may want for a trade.

Astrantia
    Eucomis
    Nerine
    Baptisia
    Artemesia 'Ghizou'
    Aster frikartii 'Monch'
    Dahlia 'FASCINATION'
    Geranium macrorrhizum
    Thalictrum delavayi
    Trillium ovatum

Balraj

• grrrnthumb
    17 years ago

Sure Balraj, I'd be glad to. I've sure wanted to have some nerine for a long while if you end up having any extra. Thanks.
    - Tom

• sokkappa
    17 years ago

Tom, Sorry, the list I have on this thread is my Wish List. Please go to My Page to see what I have that you can use.

Balraj

• purplelotus
    17 years ago

Thank you for the offer Tom/grrrnthumb. Acanthus mollis sounds like a plant for trade, I will wait till I have something to trade it with. for now I 'll be happy with delphiniums. will larkspur or hollyhock grow now?

• treepalm
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Purplelotus,
    I would love some strawberries. I didn't find anything on your list that I have. Please look at my list and see if there is anything that you would like.

Tom,
    I have started some delphinium Magic Fountain Dark blue with dark bee. It is a two footer. Would you like to trade for some of your delphiniums?

Teresa

• treepalm
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Poochella,
    What can I bring you for garden edgers?
    Teresa

• sweetflowers
    17 years ago

Hi Balraj,

I have Aster frikartii if you are interested in trade. I am interested in Persicaria bistorta, pink anemone and Lysimachia punctata that you have. Take a look at my trade list and see if there is anything that interests you. I have traded with you in the past and the plants that you gave me have thrived so well in my garden.

Sangeeta

• grrrnthumb
    17 years ago

Puplelotus I've never grown larkspur, but I imagine since it's a delphinium that they would love the cool temps right now. My hollyhocks have just opened up their first leaves for the year, so it might be a little early for ones not hardened off yet.

Theresa I would NEVER turn away a delphinium! But mine are just tiny little babies still, just starting to move onto their first true leaves. Maybe I can also come up with something else you'll like, or I might have something interesting in big seed box.

- Tom

• treepalm
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Tom,
    My delphiniums are babies, too. I FINALLY was able to get some started. I planted lots thinking I had mixed colors, but when I looked again I realized that they are all the same color!
    Teresa

• Poochella
    17 years ago

Teresa,
    I am getting rid of stuff, trying to make more space for dahlias LOL. So no edgers for me, thanks. But if any of your aforementioned pots are 6+ inches, I would love those- perhaps even sooner than late April.

• jools42
    17 years ago

flowerfan2/Karen ~
    I would looooove your 2 alliums! I'd love any astrantia, too, and that carex coffee twist is beautiful!

My trade list is small; forgive me :)

• Poochella
    17 years ago

Jools you never said if you wanted any Sedum Autumn Joy, it's going to be there so you can decide at the swap: yea or nay. That goes for anyone else.

I'll try to put some things available on my trade list in the next few days. Again, I'm not looking for trades, just space in my garden, so feel free to grab whatever suits your fancy.

I got a sneak preview of Teresa's place and a wonderful gift of pots-pots-and more pots along with a fine tiarella. Thank you! Teresa, you have an absolute wonderland there and I'm sure all will enjoy touring and surveying your hard work. That Memory Garden is haunting me still- a wonderful thing. The bonus is a marvelous aspiring young gardener, Mara, and a little furry energy bundle who looks to be a promising excavator! Might he hire out to go after my moles? He would be good at the job!

Thanks again for the tour, pots and tiarella.

• treepalm
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Your welcome, Poochella, and thanks for the compliments!

He hasn't shown any interest in moles yet, darn!, but he has it out for blackberries! Bites them off right near the ground.
    Teresa

• albabela
    17 years ago

I would like to "rent" Harley on an hourly basis. I have way too many blackberries popping out. A dog who bites blackberries right to the ground - you could make some serious dough.
    :)
    -Shilpa

• sokkappa
    17 years ago

Purplelotus, I had sent you an email. I wonder if you received it since I did not get a reply. Are you interested in the Aster and Crocosmia?

Balraj

• flowerfan2
    17 years ago

Hi Jools42, I sent you an e-mail but I don't know if you got it. My gardenweb e-mails don't seem to be working. Yes I can bring you those plants. If your euphorbia is a wolfenii(tall 3-4' with blue green foliage) I will take one of those. My e-mail address is flowerfan2@aol.com
    Thanks! Karen

• jools42
    17 years ago

OOps! Sorry, Poochella -- Tom had offered the Autumn Joy and I answered him with a resounding "yes please!" right before your response and I didn't want you two fighting over me, LOL!! I'd LOVE some. :)

• jools42
    17 years ago

Got your email, Karen, I was just about to respond! :) I'm pretty sure it is E. wulfenii, but I can email you a photo of it tomorrow.

• purplelotus
    17 years ago

I didn't get any email from you Balraj. looks like the spam folder gets it for some reason. At this point I am not saying no to any plants, my 'garden' is just lawn right now :-)So yes, I would like to get some aster and crocosmia. Thanks.

• juudyshouse2012
    17 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I'm also fairly new to the Gardenweb forum and this is the first trade that I've looked at. I live out in North Bend, so Issaquah is very close to me. I have a few questions about participating in a trade.

* The plants that are on the individual lists, are they cuttings of plants you have in your gardens? Do you grow them from seedlings? Or are they just extra plants from your garden that you don't want or have room for anymore?

* If someone (me) doesn''t have very much to trade, can I buy some of your plants?

* I'm not sure what will be coming up in my yard by April 28th. I live in the low foothills, and my perennials haven't even started coming up yet, so I don't know if I'll be able to bring much.

I am trying to establish a perennial garden and am looking for some full sun taller varieties. Also, I started a rock garden a couple years ago and am looking for more low growing drought tolerant plants for that, too.

I'd love to meet some of you, too. It sounds like a lot of fun!

Judy

• Poochella
    17 years ago

Juuls, Have you down for the Autumn Joy Sedum. I won't fight over you, I promise LOL.

Judy come on down to the swap! Gardeners are usually very generous people and the plants reproduce so there is plenty to share. Everyone was a beginner in their yard at some point, so jump on in and see what you find.

To try to answer your questions- plants available can be any of the above: started from cuttings, from seeds or divisions from established plants taken out of the ground.

I have never heard of a sale- just trades or giveaways. Sales are not allowed at the formal swap: the Green Elephants in Spring and November (read past posts to get a feel for those.)

I'm in the foothills too and my perennials are coming up gangbusters. You might be a tad cooler than here, but go out and look again. After a couple warm sunny days they should be evident, unless they froze in our hideous winter.

I am thinning out perennials for full/partial sun and will email you a list in the next couple days.
    Annie

• juudyshouse2012
    17 years ago

Thanks Annie!

I'm at work today, but I wish I could play hooky! I just can't stand being inside on a day like today. Ugh! I do see a few of my perennials coming up. I see the Sedum Autumn Joy, Lupine, my rockcress are blooming like mad. So far, that's about it though. I see a few hostas peeking out and, of course, leaves on my hydrangas and other shrubs, so probably by the end of April I will be able to bring a few cuttings or splittings. I am very excited about getting involved in the plant swap. I spend so much money on plants, my DH would be thrilled if I traded more! :) Looking forward to getting your list. Do you have any Coneflowers (Echinacea)? And, I don't have any Hardy fuchsias but would love to try to grow some.
    Judy

• juudyshouse2012
    17 years ago

Thanks Annie!

I'm at work today, but I wish I could play hooky! I just can't stand being inside on a day like today. Ugh! I do see a few of my perennials coming up. I see the Sedum Autumn Joy, Lupine, my rockcress are blooming like mad. So far, that's about it though. I see a few hostas peeking out and, of course, leaves on my hydrangas and other shrubs, so probably by the end of April I will be able to bring a few cuttings or splittings. I am very excited about getting involved in the plant swap. I spend so much money on plants, my DH would be thrilled if I traded more! :) Looking forward to getting your list. Do you have any Coneflowers (Echinacea)? And, I don't have any Hardy fuchsias but would love to try to grow some.
    Judy

• Poochella
    17 years ago

I hear you on the work: of all the times to take an afternoon shift, today and tomorrow are most untimely as far as weather goes. I wanted to finish mowing the lawn!

I do have purple echinacea but am not sure how much is there, perhaps a small clump. I'll update you later when I have time to take stock of things in that bed.

To all you lucky ducks who have time to be outside: enjoy!

• sokkappa
    17 years ago

Purplelotus, I will bring you asters and crocosmias. I had asked in the email I sent you, if you can bring me some of those strawberries. Are they June bearing or ever bearing?

Sangeeta, I guess you did not get my email either. I had asked you what color your aster is.

Balraj

• albabela
    17 years ago

Dear judy'sgarden Judy,

I can bring you a couple of clumps of Echinacea - if you need more :)
    Welcome and we all look forward to meeting you in late April.

-Shilpa

• sweetflowers
    17 years ago

Shilpa,

Do you have any more Echinacea for trade? Take a look at my list and let me know if there is anything that interests you.

Sangeeta

• juudyshouse2012
    17 years ago

Thanks Shilp! I'm going to plan out my planting area this weekend and see what all I need. I did just plant a 2500 sq. ft. area with a mixture of PNW wildflower seeds and I'll bring some of those to trade. Does everyone put their lists of plants to trade on their "my page" under "see my trade list"? I've looked at a few and it doesn't seem like everyone lists there. Is there someplace else to look for lists?

I'm so excited to meet all of you! Most of my women friends are not into gardening and I've been longing to share my love of gardening with others who have the same passion. Thanks! Judy

• sokkappa
    17 years ago

Someone had said that he/she has Aster frikartii 'Monch' for trade. Now, I cannot find it. Will you please contact me. Also, please look at My Page for what I have available.

Balraj

• purplelotus
    17 years ago

Balraj,
    I will bring some strawberry plants for you. I have no idea what/how they are. there is a patch of them in the garden and I am going to dig and move them soon. I will take out a couple of plants for you and others.

• sweetflowers
    17 years ago

Hi Balraj,

I have Aster frikartii it has a lighter shade of purple or blue.It looks like a smaller version of Shasta daisy only purple blue.It doesnot spread as fast as the regular aster which is darker in color.I will bring you pink penstemone,yellow evening primrose,golden tarragon and strawberries-fruit bearing.I am interested in Persicaria bistorta, pink anemone and Lysimachia punctata that you have. I have traded with you in the past and the plants that you gave me have thrived so well in my garden. Let me know about the aster. I haven't received your email.

Sangeeta

• albabela
    17 years ago

I am going out of town and will be back the week before the trade. I will be checking GW ocasionally - if you want stuff from my trade list - let me know.
    Sangeeta, I can't see anything listed on your trade list.

-Shilpa

• sokkappa
    17 years ago

Sangeta, I am not sure what is happening to my emails to you. Yes, please bring the Aster also. I am also looking for the white aster 'Monch'. I cannot remember who had listed it. I will bring the stuff you asked for.

Balraj

• sweetflowers
    17 years ago

Hi Shilpa,

I have my trade list under sweetflowers for have to trade list as a post.

Sangeeta

• sunshinecup
    16 years ago

Hi All. I am new to this site too. I finally have a home with a yard! The previous owner was not into gardening and so I mostly have weeds that I have been clearing out. I am lucky to have a front yard with lots of sun and a backyard with part sun and some shady parts. If any of you have any extra plants that need a new home I would really appreciate it. I am sorry that I don't have much to trade yet as this will be my first garden.

• madhu
    16 years ago

I will miss all the fun ladies, we are attending a family wedding at that time. I just got caught up on the emails. I would like to a trade at our house in the future(after I start growing some of the favourites in the trade list :) ).

Update from my side - all the goodies I got at the Fall swap are doing great...Thanks to everyone who gave me starts for my garden.

Madhu

Sponsored
Steadfast Construction
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Arlington County's Experienced Custom Deck Builder I Best of Houzz