Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowerfan2

WANTED: Pretrades for the Newcastle plant swap

flowerfan2
16 years ago

Hi folks, it is less than 3 weeks away from the April 19 plant swap. Would anyone like to set up some pretrades? I have updated my trade list so take a look and LMK. I have lots of small Japanese coral bark maples and Pacific coast iris in pots already plus lots of other stuff. This is a 3 year old seedling. I have lots of 1 year old seedlings, so your tree could look like this in a couple of years.

{{gwi:678805}}

Pacific coast iris hybrid seedling

{{gwi:678807}}

Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: Karen's trade list

Comments (19)

• sedum_gal
    16 years ago

Karen,
    Unless I'm mistaken, I still owe you a trade from last year---those darling silver leaved cyclamen babies came from you, didn't they? They're lovely, and very happy.
    I've moved since the swap at Treepalm's, and all my GW notes are who-knows-where, but I'm pretty sure I'm saving some plants for you...
    Anyone else who left plants at Teresa's for me last year, and didn't get their end of the trade? I showed up waaaay later than planned...

~Lisa

• flowerfan2
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Lisa, I will send you an e-mail. Karen

• Doris_J
    16 years ago

You're killing me with those Maples, Karen. You know that don't you? I may need one, or two...

• flowerfan2
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Doris, I just learned from the master(YOU). You always post some gorgeous photo that would be irresistable to other gardeners. I guess it works!! I will bring you some. I know you are already bringing me some plant goodies. See ya soon. Karen

• Doris_J
    16 years ago

Hey, I didn't notice you had Arisarum probiscidium on your "Want" list. I've got that. Guess I'll have to bring you some!

• jools42
    16 years ago

Oh my... that maple is GORGEOUS - how can I ever sleep again knowing it is out there and I don't have it? LOL

I looked through your trade list and was completely and utterly overwhelmed, so I don't even know what to offer you! I'm new-ish to gardening and my collection is NADA compared to yours. Maybe we can figure something out. :)

• jburesh1388
    16 years ago

Karen,

That is a fantastic tree and I'd love to have one. I also owe you from last year, so I'll check your list and find something for you!

• flowerfan2
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Jools42 and Jackie! I hope you didn't missunderstand. I don't have that tree available for trade, just seedlings that could look like that in 2-3 years. I raised that tree from seed and grew it in a pot for 3 years and then planted it out in my yard last fall. The trees I have for trade are 6-8 inches tall only. They all have bright red stems and nice fall color. They grow about 1 foot a year and in 2-3 years you should have a nice size tree that you can plant out in your yard.

Jools42 I need 1 gallon pots if you have extras. Jackie I would love seeds to your German chamomile and a few cuttings from that pink penstemon you have in your front yard. Most of my penstemons drowned in the 06-07 wet winter that we had. Karen

• jburesh1388
    16 years ago

I don't mind a small baby of your tree. No problem on the chamomile and penstemon cuttings. They're yours! I just posted some other items I have potted already and I'm sure I'll have other things once I get some time to wander around the yard. I have gallon pots too if you need more.

• flowerfan2
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Jackie, yes I would love the German chamolile seeds, penstemon cuttings and some 1 gallon pots. I will bring you a couple of the coral bark Japanese maple seedlings. Thanks! Karen

• flora2
    16 years ago

Hi Karen: Your pictures are beautiful. I went over your list and could not find anything you are looking for (yet). I will go back and try to entice you with something that falls under your description of "drought tolerant for sun or shade" or something general like that (gives me a little hope, at least). Could you save me one of the little coral bark maples in the meantime? I bought one a couple of years ago and somehow lost it :(
    Thanks

• kellycomposter
    16 years ago

Karen -

I'd like a coral bark and an iris if you still have some to spare. I've got hens and chicks, lots of iris (am still finding out what kinds they are), chives, daylilies (they are pink), or oregon grape or check my trade list.

• flowerfan2
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Flora and Kelly, I sent you e-mails. Karen

• andreab
    16 years ago

How can I resist the picture of that iris?? Could I please have some Pacific coast iris? I'll email you what else I have in addition to my list.

-Andrea

• flowerfan2
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sure Andrea, I will bring you one. I will send you an e-mail. Karen

• flora2
    16 years ago

Karen: Thanks so much. I will write to you later about some findings in my garden. I am out the door now :( Thanks so much again (and again)

• jools42
    16 years ago

Karen I would love a baby from that tree, I knew what you meant! :) I have a few 1-gal pots, possibly up to 10 of them; what do you think?

• flowerfan2
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Jools, I sent you an e-mail. Karen

• treepalm
    16 years ago

Hello Karen,
    I would love a couple of coral bark maples, if you have any left. I have starts (cuttings from Jan) of peach blooming quince. I'll be digging some things today. I have some Valerien officinalis(white flowering). I'll go look around some more. Are you interested in other Pacific coast Iris hybrids?
    Teresa