Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Thanks NeonKat

Posted by green4life 8 Oregon! (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 14, 05 at 14:28

I just wanted to thank Kat for planning the great plant swap in SE Portland this past Sunday. My mom and I went and had a blast! I even got a large luscious bamboo plant this is now gracing my patio and looks gorgeous!!!

Thanks so much for your generosity, hospitality, and planning! I can't wait to do this again!

Amy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Thanks kat & Mike! RE: WANTED: Thanks for Hosting

Yes - I had fun too - thanx so much for making it happen.

Am enjoying the follow-up plant puttering.
I tucked a couple of those Forget-Me-Nots
in the spot where my housemates' dog dug
EVERYthing I planted up, repeatedly.

T-Bone has gone on to Doggie Heaven now,
and I think Kurt will appreciate knowing
that those flowers were planted to acknowledge
the major role that dawg played in his life.

All-in- all - it was a good Swap.
I think the guy who potted up
and brought along the CA Bay Laurel branch
must be still chuckling.
(Hope nobody plants that thing!)

Now that I think about it - a branch from a *Cooking* Bay would be a good thing...haven't had one in years. Anyone have one I can snip?

o
Next Swap: Sat March 26 RE: Thanks NeonKat

Hi Kat & Mike -

Want to send this one on to your Exchange list?

See you there:

Plant Swap: Hosted by Pistils Nursery
1-6 PM Sat - March 26
on North Mississippi, in Portland.

Pistils is located near Amnesia Brewing - where I'll probably go afterward...
north of Fremont, and south of Alberta.
Tri-Met Bus lines 4 or 40.

o
RE: WANTED: Thanks NeonKat

Amy & Julie - You are most welcome! It was a lot of fun and we figured about 40 people participated - I was pleasantly surprised. I've checked this site a few times lately, but just figured out that the most recent postings are at the bottom - duh. Sorry for the delayed response.

Hey Julie - we went to the swap at Pistols but I think it got rained out. I didn't have much anyway. I had put a whole tray of plants to take out on my retaining wall, went back in the house to get my keys, got sidetracked for about 30 minutes and when I went back out my plants were gone! ugh.

What's the deal with the CA Bay Laurel? It was one of the few plants left (apparently for good reason), and I was thinking it had nice green glossy leaves, and maybe I could find a place for it. But after reading your posting I think it might have been some insider horticultural joke.

My swappin stock's a little depleted right now. I do still have shasta daisies, purple bearded iris, purple yarrow, bamboo, black eyed susans, lots of daffodils and a beautiful climbing red rose called "blaze" that would probably start easy with a cutting. Seeds - I have sugar snap peas(vine), OR Giant snow peas(bush), a couple different beets and some blue sweet peas.

I'm looking for a variety of bamboo, ginger, salvia, veggie seeds and starts... gotta work on my wish list. Wildlife attracting plant.

Take care everyone!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska and British Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here