Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sweetflowers

wanted: re:will jim et all be willing a spring/summer ge

sweetflowers
17 years ago

Hi Jim et all,

I didn't want to start a new thread so had it mentioned in my Thanks note, but though it would help to start a new thread.

I was wondering if you would be interested in hosting another trade in spring-summer when our plants are flowering or are putting out their gorgeous foliage. Also, it is not as cold to go out in the garden, so we can bring more plants. May be others can give their input too.

Sangeeta

Comments (9)

• jburesh1388
    17 years ago

Hi all,

I hosted a trade last summer and would be happy to do so again. I'm not sure of a month yet as I need to reseed my lawn and want it well developed by they time everyone comes over. I'll say May/June timeframe.

• grrrnthumb
    17 years ago

I could also do one here at my weed patch if Marysville isn't too far to go. Hoping for early May, I'd like to get the plants well acclimated before the summer heat.
    I've got some great delphiniums seedlings I'd like to share, won't have room for them all. They're the tall English type from Dowdeswell in New Zealand. Pagan Purples & Innocence (pure white).

• drtdgr
    17 years ago

I can't host a trade myself due to lack of space, but would definitely go to Renton for an exchange, jburesh. You are generous to offer to host again. Marysville is too far for me from Tacoma. Susan

• treepalm
    17 years ago

I've been saying that I would have a spring trade at my house south of Issaquah. I guess it is time to post! How about the beginning of May?
    Teresa

• jburesh1388
    17 years ago

Teresa,
    Your swap 2 years ago was my first! And I was so surprised with the beautiful calendula and limelight artemesia you gave me. Had a great time then and would definitely come to you in May. I'll bring my newbie garden friend to see your beautiful gardens.

I'll plan to host in late June at my house.

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    17 years ago

Oh cool one in May and June. Late June is fab Jacqui. I go to Disney World from the 9-18th and I'd hate to miss it. I promise to bring my shoes this time. :-)

• greenelephant
    17 years ago

I will limit the Green Elephant to the first trade of spring and last trade of fall.

I look forward to trades at other locations in May and September.

Thanks,

Jim

• Patrick888
    17 years ago

Tom, if host a trade I'll try to be there...or anywhere you go with the delphiniums, I'll try to show up, work schedule permitting!

Patrick

• grrrnthumb
    17 years ago

Hi Patrick,
    I think I'll just be going to Treepalm's this spring, and I'll bring some delphs there for sure. I won't have any good brugs to trade you this year though, my collection was just about wiped out by a freezing accident in the garage. Oh well, live & learn. :^\
    - Tom