Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
treepalm

HAVE: Spring trade south of Issaqauh

treepalm
17 years ago

Hello everyone,

I'm going to host a spring trade in early May. Please let me know which days will work or won't work.

Teresa

Comments (32)

• drtdgr
    17 years ago

Woo hoo! I'm in. Can't think of any conflicts in May right off the bat. Thanks! Susan

• jburesh1388
    17 years ago

The only weekend that doesn't work for me is the 19th and 20th.

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    17 years ago

I don't have any conflicts that I know of. Earlier seems to be better though for some reason! Could be because I missed the GE hehe. Thank Teresa for offering to host. You have a great place for it. Looking forward to seeing you and Mara.

• flowerfan2
    17 years ago

Hi Teresa, I would love to come. You are so nice to host again! Memorial week-end is the only week-end that wouldn't work for me. I have lots of stuff potted up already and am working on updating my plant list. I can't wait to see every one again! See you in May. Karen

• Poochella
    17 years ago

I might be up for this if I can get get enough things dug up. Not looking for any trades- it's a giveaway; take em or leave em. But I do want to see Treepalm's place in my old neck of the woods. Nice of you to hostess Teresa.

As long as I know by 4/10- any weekend in May will work for me.

• andreab
    17 years ago

I'd love to come. Thanks to my wintersowing experiment looks like I'll have some young plants to bring this time! May 5th is not good for me though, otherwise I'll be there.

Looking forward to it,
    Andrea

• albabela
    17 years ago

Yaee! Hello everyone!
    Thank you Teresa for hosting - I'll be there.
    Got to update that list!

-Shilpa

• kellied
    17 years ago

Are you still accepting out-of-staters at this trade? ;)

I'll be there!

• flora2
    17 years ago

I'd love to come. I think any weekend would work for me. Thanks for doing this.

• plantknitter
    17 years ago

Whoo Hoo! no computer jamming pop up ads today, so I could actually read this thread and even reply!

Teresa,
    keep in mind that the first Sat in May is the King and Snohomish county master gardener plant sales, then there is mother's day and memorial day --Yikes What's left? the 19th and Jackie can't come.
    I'm actually ok with any day except the 5th, and the 13th--I'll likely be working mother's day.
    Judy

Kellie D--good to see ya!

• Doris_J
    17 years ago

What about the end of April instead?

• grrrnthumb
    17 years ago

Those Master Gardener sales are great, I can never decide which one to go to. That first weekend in May is only one I hope you don't have it on. April's ok too. :^)
    - Tom

• treepalm
    Original Author
    17 years ago

The end of April works for me. I don't want to miss the master gardener sales! What about the rest of you?
    Teresa

• greenelephant
    17 years ago

Saturday the 19th or 26th work for me.

Thanks,

Jim

• albabela
    17 years ago

I'll be back in town by thid weekof April, so end of April - 28 or 29th would be just perfect.

-Shilpa

• andreab
    17 years ago

Either of the last 2 weekends in April would be great too. Where do you get more info about the master gardener sales??

thanks!
    -Andrea

• Doris_J
    17 years ago

You know, I hear the end of April is an excellent time to have a birthday, and would be a great birthday present for certain gardeners, ahem, ahem!

• Doris_J
    17 years ago

(Saturday trade, April 28)

Heh, heh

• kellied
    17 years ago

Gee, Doris, could that be because your birthday is on the 29th of April??????? Shall I tell everyone how old you'll be?!!

• Doris_J
    17 years ago

No, but let's give them a hint. I'll be in the double digits.

• treepalm
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Alright, April 28th it is. I was leaning that way anyway and you just pushed me over.

I noticed some of my trilliums are already up (spring it coming!!) and I want to show them off.

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    17 years ago

I noticed my trillium is up too! Some wonderful gardener gave it to me :-)

• doublemom
    17 years ago

Me! I'll be there too !

Andi

• moonsaga
    17 years ago

HI Friends,

I am happy to see you all still here!

I have a new garden and my also new husband hears me frequently say, "I don't have that anymore"! Our new home has a beautiful garden, with many upcoming projects, but I truly now know that it takes a tremendous amount of plants to fill the way I was filled before...

One of my greatest sadnesses was leaving so many beloved plants behind. So many were by way of my involvement with and the generosity of you on the PNW garden web forums.

I look forward to seeing you all again soon! Sadly, with so much less to trade. I laugh at the memories of all the insane amount of digging I did when I showered y'all with the natives and such....

(hopefully y'all will take pity on me when I come a'beggin'....like I did before....except before I had so much to trade....)

Happy Spring!

Meagan

• grrrnthumb
    17 years ago

Hi Meagan,
    My Akebia is about ready to prune and I saw it was on your list. I could bring some cuttings if you want. I don't know if they root easily or not, but I do know they grow fast once started.
    - Tom

• sokkappa
    17 years ago

Tom, I wonder if you received my email. You have not told me what you would like from My Page in trade for your Acanthus spinosa. BTW, Akebia seems to be deer fodder in my yard!

Balraj

• grrrnthumb
    17 years ago

Hi Balraj,
    Sorry about that. You can email me direct at plants@hulsetile.com .
    How about a Stella de oro? You can never have too many of those.
    My Acanthus are mollis, not spinosa. They have slightly fuller wider leaves than spinosa. These are new seedlings, just started this spring. Still small. :^)
    - Tom

• Doris_J
    17 years ago

Meagan, you have mail.

• drtdgr
    17 years ago

Doris, I emailed you about a week ago - I assume you never got it. Please email me - I'm interested in a pretrade.
    Susan

• Doris_J
    17 years ago

Susan, I'm sorry! I have two email addresses, and I always forget to log into the GW one. Yikes! I'll check it and email you!

• ianmel
    17 years ago

Teresa, I see you're hosting the exchange, but where do I find information on time and location?
    Thanks, Melisa

• treepalm
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hello Melisa,
    Here is the info you are looking for:

Issaquah trade close to the junction of Issaquah-Hobart road and Highway 18. I'll send directions closer to the trade.
    Trade: Sat. April 28th
    Time: 10 to whenever
    Lunch: Potluck at noon