Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rainydaywoman_z8

WANTED: Have: euphorbia chariacas Wolfenii, petasites, and

rainydaywoman_z8
10 years ago

phyllostachys bamboo. If you are in or near the Eugene OR area, you can have all the clumps or rhyzomes you want. Warning: the euphorbia will spread throughout the garden and yard if not deadheaded, but is easy to pull up; the petasites are invasive and need to be kept in a container or they will send roots throughout the yard; and the bamboo is a slow running type. The euphorbia will grow to 4 to 5 ft and is a wonderful speciman plant. The petasites have huge tropical-looking leaves and strange spring flowers; it is eaten in Japan and called Japanese butterburr.. The bamboo, which I will be digging soon, makes a lovely, tall, hardy screen with fairly large culms. I planted it 9 years ago and it just recently began to spread, so I'm cleaning it up and putting in barriers. I purchased the bamboo from a local specialty bamboo grower, but I misplaced the species name. It isn't the ordinary skinny rampant bamboo you often see. I'm not asking anything in trade, but if you have something to share I will gladly take it.