Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greenelephant_gw

HAVE: Free plants (u-dig) Holy Cross Church, Redmond

greenelephant
14 years ago

IÂm looking at a drawing of the property that shows many places where dirt needs to be moved for summer construction. Hundreds of plants, shrubs and trees are in the path of the bulldozer blade. Coincidentally, this is a good time of year to successfully move plants. I would rather have these plants find new homes than die, and IÂm happy to give them to anyone. HereÂs the one catch, I donÂt want the property to appear as if it were bombed by the liliputian air force. So give me a call before you dig.

Jim Eichner

425-223-7249 cell

Here is a link that might be useful: Plant List

Comments (18)

• threekittygarden
    14 years ago

Hi Jim,
    First, let me thank you for hosting the greenelephant. as usual I went away with a lot of goodies.
    Now you are giving away plants. Jim I am interested in the perennials Stella De oro daylily, various daylily hybrids, siberian iris and the brown eyed Susan please. I wish I could take more but I do not have a lot more space. I will be planting some of these in my brothers yard too. I will e-mail you.
    Tita Hipol

• treepalm
    14 years ago

Hi Jim,
    I would also like to thank you for the green elephant. So many people! You do a real service for the gardening community.

I'm interested in some of the various daylily hybrids. I have a neighbor that is looking for boxwood hedge and sedum autumn joy. How tall are the boxwoods?
    Let me know when others are coming to dig and I will try to come at the same time.
    Thanks,
    Teresa

• greenelephant
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Sunday March 21, beginning at Noon, we'll have a U-Dig event.

• bejoy2
    14 years ago

Ditto about the daylilies and letting me know when other people are digging. Many hands make light work. AND! We could have a dig party!

• bloomingflowers
    14 years ago

Hi Jim
    I would like the following
    "Kelsey" dwarf red-twig dogwoods
    some of the roses (clippings would be fine too if someonelse wants the mother plants),
    a clump or 2 of the brown-eyes susans,
    few divisions/cutting from the mock oranges - since don't think I can dig out a large one - so would like to try to start some new ones.

Unfortunately I am out of town 3/19 - 4/5 ... Is there another event date?

Thanks,
    -Nidhi

• bejoy2
    14 years ago

Looks like our postings crossed in cyberspace. Glad you're having a dig party. It's better than multiple people digging on multiple days. I remember when Ruth opened her yard up for anyone to come dig at their convenience. What a mess. People swooped in, dug out what they wanted and left huge holes in her yard - *all over* her yard. With a dig, people will help each other, and plants can be dug up once and divided as many times as needed, instead of several different people digging over several days in the same spot. And the cleanup is much easier, too. So my Mom and I are looking forward to coming and helping with the dig. And I would be happy to dig up some plants for Nidhi and save them for her.
    Tammy

• lundville
    14 years ago

I am new to this site, but excited to see your invitation to dig. My daughter just announced she will be married in our back yard at Lake Stevens in August. We need lots of extra plants for our 2 1/2 acres. She will be married in our meadow, reception in dry forrest. See you Sunday.
    Holly

• blameitontherain
    14 years ago

Hello.

I would love any remaining iris or daylily, and am especially mad for roses. Are the roses labeled by any chance?

Will be there on Sunday, bright-eyed, bushy-tailed, be-gloved and be-shoveled.

Thank you so much for the opportunity!

Rain

• treepalm
    14 years ago

Tammy,
    I'll help you dig, if I can get there in time. I'm bringing a truckload of dirt to fill the holes.
    Teresa

• greenelephant
    Original Author
    14 years ago

FYI the Wegelias have all been popped out of the ground. Had a track hoe on site for other work this week and he did this favor. So if you've been holding back on the Wegelia because of digging, they are ready to haul.

Jim

• treepalm
    14 years ago

I would love one of the Wegelias!
    Teresa

• blameitontherain
    14 years ago

Me, too, thanks!

Rain

• blameitontherain
    14 years ago

Thanks for your response, Jim.

See you on Sunday -- should be a nice day.

Rain

• greenelephant
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Wegelias all gone. Sorry. Plenty of other things.

• jools42
    14 years ago

How exciting! I am planning to come.

• greenelephant
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks all.

Mission Accomplished.

That's the most work I've ever done without having to lift a finger :)

Jim

• jools42
    14 years ago

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU, Jim!!! What a wonderful treat. I truly appreciate your generosity!!

• acro723
    14 years ago

Thanks Jim, that was great!

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County