Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
poochella_gw

HAVE: Many Cheers and Thanks for all who donated dahlias

Poochella
17 years ago

I want to thank all those that brought in dahlia tubers or expressed an interest in donating in the near future. We had a wonderful turnout- a great testament to the generosity of gardeners at the Green Elephant! There were some wonderful donations and I am more motivated than ever to finish sorting through mine and get them on their way to a new home in the Snoqualmie Valley.

More help is needed and soon. Planting season is right around the corner and tubers will be divided among the farmers in need in early April. Please continue to support the flooded Hmong farmers so they can look forward to at least a fairly good flower growing season in 2007.

Refresher story and info on where to donate is below. Dahlias should now be available at Costco, Lowe's, Home Depot and the like. Local dahlia associations will also begin their sales (great deals) in a couple weeks- why not pick up a few extra to donate?

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003536876_hmong23e.html

Thanks to all you generous folks and to Jim for garnering great donations for the humongous Dahlia Drop Box!

Treepalm and Christine contributing:

{{gwi:679111}}

Firevicar Jim and Bee Cha, WSU King Co Extension coordinator for the dahlia round up for the Hmong farmers and most grateful for our efforts:

{{gwi:679113}}

Part of the dahlia loot: They don't look like much now, but in a few months, these tubers will bring thousands of cheerful flowers to tables across the Puget Sound area. Yay!

{{gwi:679114}}

I want to add my thanks to the thoughtful gentlemen who gave me the Worm tea, and the beautiful photo greeting cards. I shall put both to use very soon and want you to know the gesture was much appreciated. :)

For those who expressed interest in growing or learning more about dahlias I remind you to check the link below- the A to Z of all things dahlias. Feel free to email me questions as well, I would be glad to help if I can.

Here is a link that might be useful: Great dahlia website: Colorado Dahlia Society

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County