Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Any Portland area swaps?

Posted by barbe_wa SW WA Zone 8 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 6, 08 at 18:52

Does anyone know of any plant swaps in the Portland area this spring? I hope to go to the one in Newcastle, but after taking last summer and fall off for some surgery and recovery, I'm finding a lot of little seedlings all over the place, plus a lot of the annuals I've wintersowed (planted way too many, as usual). LOL.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Any Portland area swaps?

I'd love to go to one too...the one up in WA sounds like it was just fabulous...of course I've traded or given away several good size offspring of plants via pdxplantswap, but I still have a few things left...

o

I'd love to have a portland area swap this spring/summer. Anyone interested?

o

When? Where? I'm definitely interested since I won't be able to get to the Newcastle swap because of the nasty weather. We had snow this morning and it's supposed to be worse tomorrow. And I have lots of plants to trade or give away when I can get to them. After all, this white stuff can't last forever, can it?

o

• Posted by diana63 8/Portland, OR (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 20, 08 at 16:20

Me! me! I've just moved and have a blank yard! Luckily, I do have a few things from winter sowing to swap. I would love to attend a Portland swap!

o

I'm interested, too. I live in the Albany area & have a variety of plants I could bring up there to trade! Marea

o

The 4th Annual Brooklyn Plant Swap (in Portland) is scheduled for May 18th from 10 AM to 2 PM. I just got the email notice from Kathleen this morning. If anybody would like the info, email me and I'll pass it on.

o

Here's the info on the Brooklyn Plant Swap in Portland:
Sunday, May 18th 10am - 2pm
3522 SE 8th Ave.
971.212.5702 - please feel free to call (or email - neonkatz@hotmail.com) w/questions
We'll provide coffee, drinks & snacks, and a large canopy in case it rains.
* * * * * * * * * * * Spread the word - the more who participate, the more selection for everyone * * * * * * * * * * * *
Happy digging.

o

Dang! I gave up checking for responses and see that I missed the Brooklyn swap!
Did you all go?

o
Willing to Host a Sept Swap! RE: WANTED: Any Portland area swap

I missed it since I sold my house and had to move.

However I bought a house with much LARGER garden - and would love to host a September Swap. (Am also Hosting a Medium Women's Clothing Swap - email me off list if interested in that one...)

HAVE: For the Sept Swap
I can take cuttings of a Prune Tree
I've got that has 5 varieties grafted on.

There will be a ton of Walnuts and Hazelnuts for those who want to harvest them.

Cheyenne Privet Cuttings for a natural hedge.

Wisteria and Honeysuckle cuttings,
and variagated Buddelia.

Also have MANY Radishes that have gone to seed - so you can take all you like - the flowers taste like radishes and are nice in salads, and as a garnish/seasoning for other dishes.

WANT: Your extra Tomatoes, Peppers, and Zuchini - as my move prevented me from having a normal veggie garden!

Berries and Fruit Tree Saplings, including Euro and Asian Pear, Apple, Fig, Grape, everbearing Strawberries, Blueberries, Kiwi and more.

Any preferences for a Date? We can do this rain or shine as I have a long (covered) carport. Max Shuttle #22 stops at the house, on 105th & NE Shaver.

Julie M, in Portland
(feel free to email if you'd like to help coordinate, or bring a real haul to clear out stuff - we can plan around you!)

o

Any date in September would be fine with me except the 13th which is Bejoy 2's swap in Olympia. My husband drives fast, but even he would have a hard time making it to Olympia and Portland in the same day. LOL. I'm sure I'll have a ton of stuff - as usual. I'll post my list later after I see what the deer, dry weather and slugs leave me to trade.

o

I would be thrilled to go to a Sept swap! I mostly have potted medicinal weed-type plants (comfrey, mullein, lamb's quarters, etc.) and houseplants, as I don't have a yard, but I'd love to check out what folks are doing and chat.

That said, I'm looking for a variegated jade cutting.

Signed, another Jules M. from PDX :)

o

I'd love to attend a Sept (or sooner) swap. I have a lot of 4" perennials to trade.

Travis

o

I'm interested in the September swap.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska and British Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here