Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
barbe_wa

WANTED: Any Portland area swaps?

barbe_wa
16 years ago

Does anyone know of any plant swaps in the Portland area this spring? I hope to go to the one in Newcastle, but after taking last summer and fall off for some surgery and recovery, I'm finding a lot of little seedlings all over the place, plus a lot of the annuals I've wintersowed (planted way too many, as usual). LOL.

Comments (13)

• mahatmacat1
    16 years ago

I'd love to go to one too...the one up in WA sounds like it was just fabulous...of course I've traded or given away several good size offspring of plants via pdxplantswap, but I still have a few things left...

• michelle23
    16 years ago

I'd love to have a portland area swap this spring/summer. Anyone interested?

• barbe_wa
    Original Author
    16 years ago

When? Where? I'm definitely interested since I won't be able to get to the Newcastle swap because of the nasty weather. We had snow this morning and it's supposed to be worse tomorrow. And I have lots of plants to trade or give away when I can get to them. After all, this white stuff can't last forever, can it?

• diana63
    16 years ago

Me! me! I've just moved and have a blank yard! Luckily, I do have a few things from winter sowing to swap. I would love to attend a Portland swap!

• mareas
    16 years ago

I'm interested, too. I live in the Albany area & have a variety of plants I could bring up there to trade! Marea

• barbe_wa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The 4th Annual Brooklyn Plant Swap (in Portland) is scheduled for May 18th from 10 AM to 2 PM. I just got the email notice from Kathleen this morning. If anybody would like the info, email me and I'll pass it on.

• barbe_wa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here's the info on the Brooklyn Plant Swap in Portland:
    Sunday, May 18th 10am - 2pm
    3522 SE 8th Ave.
    971.212.5702 - please feel free to call (or email - neonkatz@hotmail.com) w/questions
    We'll provide coffee, drinks & snacks, and a large canopy in case it rains.
    * * * * * * * * * * * Spread the word - the more who participate, the more selection for everyone * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Happy digging.

• mareas
    15 years ago

Dang! I gave up checking for responses and see that I missed the Brooklyn swap!
    Did you all go?

• pdxjules
    15 years ago

I missed it since I sold my house and had to move.

However I bought a house with much LARGER garden - and would love to host a September Swap. (Am also Hosting a Medium Women's Clothing Swap - email me off list if interested in that one...)

HAVE: For the Sept Swap
    I can take cuttings of a Prune Tree
    I've got that has 5 varieties grafted on.

There will be a ton of Walnuts and Hazelnuts for those who want to harvest them.

Cheyenne Privet Cuttings for a natural hedge.

Wisteria and Honeysuckle cuttings,
    and variagated Buddelia.

Also have MANY Radishes that have gone to seed - so you can take all you like - the flowers taste like radishes and are nice in salads, and as a garnish/seasoning for other dishes.

WANT: Your extra Tomatoes, Peppers, and Zuchini - as my move prevented me from having a normal veggie garden!

Berries and Fruit Tree Saplings, including Euro and Asian Pear, Apple, Fig, Grape, everbearing Strawberries, Blueberries, Kiwi and more.

Any preferences for a Date? We can do this rain or shine as I have a long (covered) carport. Max Shuttle #22 stops at the house, on 105th & NE Shaver.

Julie M, in Portland
    (feel free to email if you'd like to help coordinate, or bring a real haul to clear out stuff - we can plan around you!)

• barbe_wa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Any date in September would be fine with me except the 13th which is Bejoy 2's swap in Olympia. My husband drives fast, but even he would have a hard time making it to Olympia and Portland in the same day. LOL. I'm sure I'll have a ton of stuff - as usual. I'll post my list later after I see what the deer, dry weather and slugs leave me to trade.

• babycatcher
    15 years ago

I would be thrilled to go to a Sept swap! I mostly have potted medicinal weed-type plants (comfrey, mullein, lamb's quarters, etc.) and houseplants, as I don't have a yard, but I'd love to check out what folks are doing and chat.

That said, I'm looking for a variegated jade cutting.

Signed, another Jules M. from PDX :)

• dahlia_guy
    15 years ago

I'd love to attend a Sept (or sooner) swap. I have a lot of 4" perennials to trade.

Travis

• buyorsell888
    15 years ago

I'm interested in the September swap.