Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michelelee_gw

HAVE: A Big Thank You For Jim

michelelee
18 years ago

Hi Jim, I just wanted to thank you for hosting another great swap and for the Campanula (my favorite!!).

It was nice to see everyone. Thank you for the wonderful trades and the freebies everyone. I guess I am the only one done planting? :^) See you in May/November Michele

Comments (8)

• sps_7_14
    18 years ago

A big thank you from me also! It was wonderful meeting everyone and I promise to have more stuff at the next swap. Michelelee, done planting? you have to be kidding! I was lucky to get all of my loot out of the van in one day! LOL

Thanks for all the pots and starter containers I was so sorry that I could not get down to the nursery and pick some up. Now I have to fill them with new cuttings and start some seeds for May.

Thanks again everyone for all the really neat plants - I can hardly wait to see them bloom. sps

• Patrick888
    18 years ago

Yes...a tip of the hat in salutation to Jim for another wonderful plant swap.

It was fun to visit with everyone. As usual, there were some familiar folks in the group and I enjoyed meeting some who were new to me. I'll look forward to seeing everyone again.

When I got almost home, I acquired a roadside "freebie"...a bench with shelf below. It looks like it will make a good potting bench! Then I had just enough time to unload my pickup and get ready to go to work.

Tomorrow I'll work on getting some planting done.

Patrick

• grrrnthumb
    18 years ago

Thanks to Jim for hosting & to everyone I traded with. Wish I could remember you all individually, but I'm pretty bad with names. Thanks for all the great plants!

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    18 years ago

Thanks Jim for a great trade. You couldn't have ordered better weather! I got a lot of my stuff in the ground, but Michelle you have me beat. I appreciate all of you that shared your plants with me. Thanks also Jim for the tour of your church's garden. Whats a blessing and neat thing for you and your parishioners. Hope to see all of you at the next trade,
    Susan

• michelelee
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Ah, I was just showing off. My daughter helped me this time :^)

• jburesh1388
    18 years ago

Thank you Jim! This was the 2nd trade I've been to, and I still haven't seen the gardens of the church. I get too caught up in the trading, I guess! My newbie friend Karin and I both went home with a wonderful selection of plants. And I managed to squirrel away one of her cookie packages. Though I missed out on the orange daylilies she brought.

Thank you all for sharing your plants. I was completely out of room, so I had to dig up more grass!

• sweetflowers
    18 years ago

Thanks Jim for arranging the swap every year. It is always great to meet old friends and make new ones.
    There are so many knowledgable people who you can talk to and imply their ideas in your garden.
    Other than trades I also got some free plants as well.
    Sangeeta

• firevicar
    18 years ago

Forty one people attended, with a mix of new and returnees. The best yet.

But even last fall in the pouring rain we had 30 diehards.

Come fall I think it would be great if everyone brought various seeds they have been trading, and we will set up the long table under the covered area for winter seed sowing. After we get our flats sown, and labeled, we can exhcange the sown seeds and everyone could go home with a flat 25 or two flats of 50 different winter-sown seeds. More on this idea as the season progresses.

Looking forward to the May trades.

Jim

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!