Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
barbe_wa

WANTED: Longview/Kelso Spring Swap

barbe_wa
12 years ago

I'm hosting the spring swap on April 28th. It will be from 10 AM until about 2 PM. I'll post the details later. I hope all of you can make it!

Comments (7)

• bejoy2
    12 years ago

Mom and I will be there!
    Tammy

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    12 years ago

I'm going to try and make it this time. Hopefully!

• barbe_wa
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Okay, here are the directions to get to my place for the trade. I hope a lot of you can make it. It's always fun to get a bunch of gardeners together. It will be from 10 AM until everybody has enough and wants to go home. I always have a little cookout (just hamburgers and hot dogs) so no one has to worry about lunch (some of you have to drive a ways to get here). You can bring something to share for lunch if you are so inclined, but it's not necessary. Anything is okay to swap as long as it's garden or yard related - plants, seeds, pots, tools, books, yard art, etc. The only stipulation is no money is to be exchanged. I always have a lot to give away as well as trade. Some of it is already potted up and some you will have to dig.

Directions: Take Exit 39 off I-5. If you're coming from the south, turn right at the light, and immediately get into the left lane for a left turn at the next light, (about 50 feet.) Turn left on Minor Rd./Kelso Dr. and continue up the hill to the stop sign, which is Mt. Brynion Rd. Turn right onto Mt. Brynion Rd. and go almost exactly 5 miles. The mail box numbers will be in the 4300 series. Look for Bear Creek Rd. off to the left. It is a dirt road, and you won't see any houses. Turn left on Bear Creek Rd., and we are the second house you come to. (171 Bear Creek Rd.).
    If you are coming from the north, turn left at the light. Go to the second light, and turn left onto Minor Rd/Kelso Dr. and then follow the directions above.

• bosaapje
    12 years ago

I'm supposed to work that day but might try to come early if it's open to anyone. I used to be very active on the garden web but I haven't been for several years. My lists are not updated so I wouldn't even bother looking at them yet! Is anyone welcome to attend?

• barbe_wa
    Original Author
    12 years ago

bosaapje, we welcome everyone! And we're always happy to meet new gardeners - we would love to see you here. My list isn't updated either since for some reason GardenWeb hasn't let me change anything (or maybe it's my computer, or the operator). I will try again before the trades.

• bejoy2
    12 years ago

bossapje, everyone is welcome. The more, the merrier! Glad to see a GardenWeb Perennial getting reestablished!
    Tammy

• bosaapje
    12 years ago

Yay! Okay, I'm marking my calendar. I have to work evening shift that night so I'd have to be done by 2:00p.

Anybody want some Lovage (Levisticum officinale)? I plan to dig up and separate mine. It needs moved and the thing is indestructable. I think I might also be able to transplant a couple of Sweet Cicely babies (Myrrhis odorata). Can you tell I love edible gardening? :)

My daughter is now gardening the last couple years too. She has a photo shoot (photographer)that day but said she might be able to come later. We'll see.

I'll try to work on updating my list. I tend to lean toward organic and heirloom edibles for the most part. Anybody have any wonderfully bizarre herbs? LOL I really should plant more flowers. I love to have fresh arrangements in the house. I only have so much room to grow things!

I look forward to meeting you guys!

Diana