Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Wanted: Vegetables or Fruit seeds!

Posted by outofajob none (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 10, 13 at 0:48

I'm hunting for seeds, I will have plenty to share next year but this year I don't have any. Hoping to save on expenses thanks to the economy.

Looking for

Tomato
Basil
Garlic
THC (yes. And its legal in WA:P)
Lettuce
Onion
Corn
Spinach
Watermelon
Cantalope
Kale
Beets
Broccoli
Cilantro
Radish
Carrot
Peas
Beans
Cucumbers
Peppers
Strawberries

If anyone can help, it'd sure be appreciated. In fact, any vegetables or fruits would be great. Thank you.

Sheila Johnson
Post Office Box 472
Stanwood, WA 98292

Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Wanted: Vegetables or Fruit seeds!

I can send you some of my leftover seeds from last year's winter sowing. Just for your info, marijuana is very difficult to start from seed. The preferred methods of propagating it is from cuttings or tissue culture. In fact, there are several items on your list that are challenging to grow in WA. Basil, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, corn and watermelon all need to be started indoors weeks before they can be planted outside. Our growing season is too short for all except the basil to produce crops, so the sooner you can get them planted, the better. Unfortunately, I don't have any of those seeds to send you, so I hope someone else can. If you can come to Olympia, there is a Seed Exchange in the Garage behind the Hostel at 323 Milroy NW, and they are open Saturdays and Sundays from 5PM to 7 PM. Bring your own envelopes or containers to put the seeds in.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska and British Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here