Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: have to trade at Newcastle

Posted by jools42 z7 WA (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 9, 08 at 0:52

My list is pretty small but we've all got to start somewhere, right? :)

I have the following to trade:

* Lychnis coronaria - Rose Campion
* Hostas - unknown variety, one solid color leaf one variegated
* Leucanthemen maximum - Shasta Daisy
* euphorbia characias wulfenii - Mediterranean spurge
* Kniphofia - red-hot poker - big clumps!
* Sedum oreganum
* Ribbon grass (?) variegated leaves
* Monarda didyma - Bee Balm, red
* Euonymus fortunei Emerald Gaiety - Wintercreeper
* Centaurea montana - blue cornflower
* Raspberry seedlings
* Potentilla "melton fire"
Seeds - Aquilegia - unknown variety columbine; blue, white, and pink (I can send pics if you'd like to see!)

I am thrilled to receive ANYTHING, really, but here's my want list:

# ornamental allium - any and all
# perennial herbs - any and all... lavenders are super great
# bleeding heart
# coleus
# heuchera
# Diascia
# euphorbia (I already have wulfenii)
# dianthus
# black mondo grass
# japanese blood grass
# most any flowering perennials or plants with variegated, fragrant, or otherwise interesting foliage! :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: have to trade at Newcastle

wow, you are so good with the plant names! I am a starter too, just looking at what people have and doing google image searches to see what they are :)) some day my garden will be nice and full I tell myself :)

o

Hi Jools, I would like one of your E. wulfenii. Mine isn't doing too well. I just e-mailed you on some plants I have available. LMK if you got it. Karen

o

Hi Karen -

did not get your email, but again I would love a coralbark maple seedling. :)

My E. wulfenii are huge; I don't know if I should dig one up or take a cutting, or what - let me take a closer look today.

o

Hi Jools, I sent you another e-mail, I don't know if you got that either. Sometimes spam blockers will kill the e-mails. I can bring you a couple of coral bark maple seedlings for the Euphorbia wulfenii. I would also love any 1 gallon pots that you don't want. I have some peonies and yellow daylilies in pots if you would like some. No trade necessary on those. LMK Karen

o
RE: HAV: have to trade at Newcastle

Hello Jools,
I'm interested in your big clums of Kniphofia - red-hot poker. I'm trying to attract goldfinches and I know they like to eat the seeds. I have some heucheras that I started from seed a few years ago that desperately need a home. I also am bringing a variegated plant(yellow/white edges green center, they look yellow to me now, but I think they get whiter during the summer). I can't find the tag, but I think it is a soapwort. It's very showey and has tiny dark red flowers.
Teresa

o

I'll bring you a couple clumps in pots, teresa -- I divided a huge one a couple weekends ago and I see that one of the potted clumps looks a little "tired" so I don't know if it will make it this season, so I'll bring a few and you can take a look. Your trades sound fabulous! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska and British Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here