Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kudzu9

WANTED: Issaquah trade:interested in heirloom veggie starts?

kudzu9
17 years ago

I have the following seedlings, started in my greenhouse a month ago. Most of these are from either Seed Savers Exchange or Territorial Seeds:

TOMATOES

-Ananas Noire

-Black from Tula

-Beam's Yellow Pear

-Brandywine (Sudduth's)

-Broad Ripple Yellow Currant

-Crnkovic Yugoslavian

-German Pink

-Gold Rush Currant

-Gold Nugget Cherry

-Green Sausage

-Mexico Midget

-Pineapple Heirloom

-Purple Russian

-Riesentraube

-Yellow Pear

EGGPLANT

-Applegreen

-Japanese (Senryu ni Gou)

-Ping Tung Long

PEPPERS

-Chervena Chushka Yugoslavian

-Hot Portugal

MISCELLANOUS

-Various melons and canteloupe (you'll need to use a cloche to get mature fruit)

-Miniature White Cucumber

-Nipple Fruit (non-edible, but highly decorative dried)

-Golden Rain tree (several that are about 6" high so far)

-A few small bamboo (black; aurea)

-A few small, green hostas

I'm trying to figure out what and how many to bring, so, if you're interested, email me, please: kudzu9_9@yahoo.com

WHAT I WANT-

-Veggie starts

-Interesting flowers and bulbs, including dahlias

-Blue or variegated hostas

-Other things...I'm open to suggestion!

I'm willing to trade several veggie starts for desireable single plants.

Comments (8)

• barbe_wa
    17 years ago

Hi, I'm very interested in your black bamboo. Is there any particular dahlia that you are looking for? I also have a dwarf crepe myrtle that I can part with. I do have a few vegetable starts, but nothing very exciting - just the everyday varieties. I might be able to get some heirloom tomato starts from a friend if you have a particular variety you want. Let me know. I have several annual flower starts, too, if you're interested.

• andreab
    17 years ago

Wow! (and yum!)

Could I have some Green Sausage, Purple Russian, and Black from Tula Tomatoes and a Chervena Chushka Yugoslavian pepper? Please check my list and let me know what I can bring you. The only veggies I have started so far is lettuce, but I have a bunch of flowers...

thanks,
    Andrea

• treepalm
    17 years ago

Hello Kudzu,
    I'm interested in a small black bamboo. Check my list, and I will see what else I can find.
    Teresa

• sedum_gal
    17 years ago

Hi Kudzu,
    Any black bamboo left? If so, please check my Trade List for ideas, or email me and we can come up with something unusual for you...
    Also would love some heirloom tomato starts (your choice---they all sound good)...I have a couple Hosta sieboldiana 'Elegans' I can bring you, as well as Peruvian daffodil/Hymenocallis bulbs. I'll see what else might interest you.
    See you at the swap!

~Lisa

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    17 years ago

What a wonderful variety! I would love one each of the following:

Tomatoes:
    Beam's Yellow Pear
    Crnkovic Yugoslavian
    Green Sausage

Eggplants:
    Japanese (Senryu ni Gou)
    Ping Tung Long

I have a list posted for the Issaquah trade. Please let me know what I can bring you. Thanks!
    Susan

• kudzu9
    Original Author
    17 years ago

barbe and nightnurse- I'll get back to you by Friday morning; I'm traveling and haven't had time...sorry

andrea- I responded to your email

sedum gal - I'm definitely interested in the Peruvian daffodils; I have to check my bamboo inventory to see what's not spoken for, but I'll bring the other stuff for sure

treepalm - I think we're squared away

• kudzu9
    Original Author
    17 years ago

sedumgal-
    I'm out of black bamboo, but check back with me in late summer after my bamboo in the yard have sent up new growth. I'd like some sedum if you have soe to bring

nightnurse-
    From your list, these are of interest: Pink Forget-me-not, Cupid's dart, Blue Beard 'Dark Knight'

barbe-
    I'm mainly interested in plants...do you have any dahlia bulbs?

• barbe_wa
    17 years ago

I do have some dahlia bulbs. I'll bring what I have with pictures and you can have your choice. I also have a nice pot of daylilies "Little Women" if you want. My daughter has been begging me for black bamboo for 3 years so I'm very excited about being able to find some for her. Thanks, Barb