Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: invasive bamboo.

Posted by oregonboy 8 / Sunset zone 6 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 6, 12 at 3:52

Looking to trade for invasive (running) bamboo plants. (I have a few acres for it to run) Any variety/species would be great as long as it's hardy.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: invasive bamboo.

If you can come to the Olympia Trade on April 14th, I think we can get you some running bamboo. I'll tell my Mom you're looking for some. She has plenty, she just needs to dig it, and those culms are tough!
Tammy

o

Thanks bejoy2, that's really good of you. Unfortunately Olympia is just too far...3 hours each way would definitely make a (gas money) dent in my wallet. I hope the trade goes well, sounds like fun!

o

Actually, I thought of this after I closed - there is one closer to you (guessing from your moniker that you live in Orgeon). On April 28, there is a trade in Kelso. My Mom and I are attending, so we can bring you the bamboo.

o

Man, I just keep striking out. My friends are getting married the afternoon of the 28th and I'm going to the wedding. :sigh: Maybe I'll have better luck another month.

o

Well, we generally make a full day of it down there, going to the Hulda Klager Lilac Gardens afterward, so we'll be down there a while. From there, it's only about 20 miles to the border, so maybe we can swoop down and meet you somewhere after the wedding, or we can go down earlier and meet you before the wedding. Send me an e-mail at tammyinolympia@yahoo.com if that sounds agreeable, and we can make arrangements.

o

We're in Hillsboro. We have golden, black, nuda, vivax, shiroshima (variegated white/green), sasa palmato, and a bunch of other stuff. We just built a 4000 gallon pond and need aquatics and marginal plants. And other cool plants if you've got them. Or even yard work in return, if you're interested ;-P.

Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska and British Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here