Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: June Green Elephant Plant Swap

Posted by greenelephant Woodinville WA (jim.eichner@comcast.net) on
Fri, Apr 19, 13 at 10:48

Victory Garden Vegi-Swap

Saturday June 1, 2013, 10 AM to Noon

Whether you feel the budget crunch or just want to grow your own delicious healthy food, the vegi-swap is offered so we can exchange and share vegetable seeds and plant starts for our own Beat-the-Economy Victory Gardens. It’s too late for bare root plants but potted trees, shrubs, perennials, annuals and tropicals are most welcome. If you are interested in growing your own food, you are not alone.

Directions and Details

Rain or shine, Puget Sound gardeners gather to share and exchange plants and knowledge with all. The Green Elephant Plant Swap is hosted in North Redmond, WA, at the Episcopal Church of the Holy Cross; The site offers parking, covered areas, indoor facilities, kitchen, memorial garden, grass labyrinth and playground. It is five minutes from I-405 and I-520.

Directions and Maps to the Church of the Holy Cross.

Street address: 11526 ��" 162nd Ave NE Redmond, WA 98052

How it works: No sales, just exchanges and freebies, please.

Tailgating Encouraged. The format for the trade is like a tailgate party. Traders exchange expert gardening information as well as plant materials. In two hours all the deals are sealed. We have plenty of new parking.

Free Stuff. Many gardeners generously share plants from the abundance of their gardens��"An excellent way to begin your garden. Also an excellent way to thin out that giant patch of shasta daisies, etc. There is always a pile of plants free for the sharing at the swap.

What if I have nothing to trade? Cookies and chocolate work like money at the Green Elephant!

Cheers,
Jim Eichner
425-223-7249

Here is a link that might be useful: Green Elephan Plant Swap

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: June Green Elephant Plant Swap

I am so glad I found this portion of the site!! I will definitely be there with cookies and whatever extras I have in tow. ;-)

o

I plan on bringing more jerusalem artichokes, some potted garlic, and some chamomile. I'll look around and see what else I have in the yard.

I have extra 1 gallon pots (quite a few) and would be interested in trading up to 3 and 5 gallon pots, if anyone has surplus- just let me know, I won't bring the 1 gallons unless I know they have a home.

Keith

o

Keith,
I've got lots of 3 and 5 gal pots. How many are you looking for?
Jim

o

Jim-

I've got about 30 banana plants in 1 gal pots that I'd like to repot into larger pots. Do you need any 1 gallons? I've got lots and lots :-).

Keith

o

Yes, Keith, I use hundreds of gallons every year. And I have dozens of 5's I can bring you. If you want them sooner, you know where to find me.
Jim

o

Yeah! I've missed other swaps at this location. So glad I happened to checked this site today so I learned about it. I will be there. I live in the Totem Lake area of Kirkland. I could use some 1 gallon or smaller pots - if someone has some and lives not too far I'd be happy to pick them up from whomever has any. I can be reached at 206-300-0790 or gottaplantitnow at gmail dot com
Lynda Haneman

o

Thanks Jim, no rush (unless you need the 1Gs earlier) I'll see you at the GE.
Best,
Keith

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska and British Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here