Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elaine8_gw

WANTED: to thank everyone for making the trade a success!

elaine8_gw
18 years ago

What a gang of Gardenwebbers! Jerome and I want to thank everyone who made the long drive to Brinnon. The weather was absolutely perfect, coupled with the good turnout, wonderful food, and the HUGE quanity of plants. It was a GREAT garden trade day.! And yes, I had time to acquire quite a stash. How about this list.

Pulmonaria, ferns, Lewisia, Hellebore, Dicentra, Daylily, Allium, Ligularia, Sage, Toad Lily, Brunnera, Sedum, Tomatoes, Hosta, Disporum, Saponaria, Geranium, Oxalis, Campanula, Stachys, Iris, Snowdrops, Astrantia, Violets, Narcassis, and a plant I've been wanting for "oh so long"...Kiregeshoma Koreana...thank you Susan.

What generosity! I hope each and everyone left with a smile and a vehicle full of plants to fill their gardens.

Elaine and Jerome

Comments (11)

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    18 years ago

Just had to extend my thanks again for the wonderful generosity of everyone at the trade. It was raining by the time we got home yesterday, so I wasn't able to get anything in the ground, but that is priority #1 today and trust me Randy won't let me forget it! Haha! Then next, I will work on my sedum wreath, which will be complete for sure after your beautiful contributions.

Kellie was asking about how my garden looks since starting in September and thanks to all of you on this exchange board it is looking fabulous. If not for all of you I'd have a few rhodies and pansies planted here and there, as my budget has been tight this first year in my new house with no extra for browsing nurseries. Instead, I have a garden full of tried and true fabulous plants, some common and some not so common! I will have to take some pictures after planting this last round to show y'all what you have helped me accomplish in such a short time. I have also learned so much about gardening in a new climate, mostly from advice received at trades. A big thanks to Elaine for your hospitality. What an inspiration your garden will be to me! The food was all great and Randy and I enjoyed it and the company. Looking forward to seeing all of you again and of course..I am most looking forward to the day I can begin sharing with all of you.
    Susie
    (I will go by this from now on to avoid confusion with the other Susan!)

• tuffyworld
    18 years ago

Elaine, THANK YOU!! for opening your beautiful home and gardens to us. Steve and I enjoyed our first plant trade, this is due to you Elaine, and Jerome for being wonderful Hosts and for being so giving. Thank you again for the aneomone starts (ground cover with the white flowers).
    I would also like to thank all of the other gardenwebers in attendance for sharing your enthusiasm, your knowledge, and your plants with a newbee. We enjoyed meeting you, and are looking forward to seeing you all at the next plant trade.

Almost forgot the potluck was yummmeee!
    Katie

• kitty32_z8
    18 years ago

Elaine and Jerome,
    We wanted to say THANK YOU! You, as always, were such a gracious hostess! You have not only given great blossoms in our yards, but in our hearts! My boys both had a blast! Unfortunatly it was pouring down rain by the time I got home, so we didn't get to play with our great plants.

To Everyone else,
    Thank you all for making the trade such a fun experience! We are so grateful for everyones generousity! Your plants all look wonderful! I am looking forward to making homes for your babies.

Happy planting,
    Kathy

• Patrick888
    18 years ago

Wasn't it GREAT that the rain held off until the plant swap was over?! I had a few drops on my windshield as I drove out Elaine & Jerome's road. Within 10 minutes, we were driving in rain.

Patrick

• drtdgr
    18 years ago

Thanks to everyone who traded with me! Lisa, the helleborus you gave me was breathtaking! I loved it! Patrick, your plants were wonderful. Doris, I loved the echinops. And especially to Elaine, who was so generous sharing so many of her lovely plants. My newbie friend Lynn was amazed how many plants she got and I still had plenty for myself.

• CathyJ
    18 years ago

Elaine and Jerome,

Thanks so much for opening your beautiful home and gardens to all of us. I had the most wonderful day, just perfectly laid-back, relaxed and FUN! It was great seeing old friends and meeting new ones. (Even better, I left with FEWER plants than I arrived with! lol)

Thanks so much!

Cathy

• Mac_6
    18 years ago

Dear Elaine and Jerome,
    Thank you for graciously extending your home and wonderful gardens for our exchange. I loved the plants I exchanged and thoroughly enjoyed putting faces to the names on this forum. Thank you to everyone. Happy planting.
    Sharon

• treepalm
    18 years ago

Thanks Elaine and Jerome,
    Your yard is very peaceful, even with more then 20 people running around. Thank you for all the wonderfull plants, too!

Everyone, it was nice to meet all of you newbies. Thanks for all the plants. I had a great time. It was very nice to see one of my neighbors there too!

What is all this talk of rain? I had a few sprinkes, but no real rain driving to Sequim. Either that or I was much more tired then I thought!
    Teresa

• garden_of_mu
    18 years ago

Many thanks, Elaine and Jerome - Daniel and I had a great time, as always. Such great food and even greater garden friends. I intended to come home empty handed, but could not resist a few irises. I am so excited to see them blooming eventually. I can see why folks just rave about your garden from past swaps. I'm looking forward to a repeat visit when the pacificas are blooming. =)

Gice E.C. a scritch for us!

Mike

ps - I forgot my poppy seeds. Can you hold them for me and I'll get them soon?

• bejoy_gw
    18 years ago

Many, many thanks Elaine and Jerome for another wonderful time in the presence of you two wonderful people ( you are absolutely fabulous people).

Thanks also to all you great garden webbers who shared so wonderfully of your plants and your knowledge. And what a great place to have a Plant Swap...surrounded by Elaine and Jerome's many beautiful gardens full of wonderful plants...many blooming with heads held high. What a joy it was to be there and share such an uplifting experience yet again.

And with great gratitude...and a special THANKS...to all you Gardenwebbers. This time I brought two newbies to Elaine and Jerome's Plant Swap. They have just started their garden and were so excited. Thanks so much for sharing with them as well. They were truly overwhelmed by your generosity and kindness...and remain so excited. They spent yesterday planting and reliving the grand experience. We will see them again..thanks to all of you.

The food was ..OH SO YUMMY too. hehe

Fortunately I left with less than I arrived with...for the first time. Until I get my garden back in control..and the new area settled..that was the wisest choice for now. hehe

So THANKS..again to you, Elaine and Jerome.

OH YES..This time I took the river walk...So peaceful and lovely. Thanks for that too. *G* You have such a beautiful place...and your Plant Swap was a HUGE success...again! *G* MANY THANKS!!!!!

• Doris_J
    18 years ago

What a great trade! Thank you to everyone for all the great plants and food. These trades are always such a good time. Even my husband said it looked like we were having a blast when he got there. Can't wait till the next one!

Sponsored
Capri Home Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
Reputable Home Renovation Company Serving Northern Virginia