Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elaine8_gw

WANTED: Iris Cristata at the Bonney Lake Trade

elaine8_gw
17 years ago

Hi, Since the woodland Iris Cristata varies in colors. Anyone want to trade some? Mine for yours?

Elaine

Comments (11)

• plantknitter
    17 years ago

Sure, mine are a pale blue, though, what are yours?
    PNWJudy

• Doris_J
    17 years ago

I have some, ladies, but I can never remember which colors are where until they bloom. I have pale blue, dark blue, and white.

• elaine8_gw
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I have pale blue and white. Doris, what do you want for a start of your dark blue? I just potted a few purple anemone nemorosa and creeping pulmonaria.
    Thanks Judy, I bet we have the same pale blue. I noticed you have a white Kisoana. Would you be interested in trading a start of your white P. Kisoana for a pot of purple anemone nemorosa or creeping pulmonaria?

• Doris_J
    17 years ago

I'd like your first born, Elaine. Heh, heh...oh, ok, we'll figure something out. When these babies start blooming, I'll be on the look out for the darker ones.

• treepalm
    17 years ago

Elaine,
    I have one that is marked blue. It hasn't bloomed yet, so I don't know anything else. It looks like there are several new shoots, so I could bring you one, if you are interested.
    Teresa

• elaine8_gw
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you for the offer Teresa but I think you'll need to wait a few more seasons for the Iris Cristata to spread. Doris is planning to find me a start of her dark purple. Yeah! Thanks, Doris.

• plantknitter
    17 years ago

Elaine
    the patch is small, but I'm sure I can come up with another White Kisoana,
    I'd be interested in both the "creeping" pulmonaria--interesting-- and the purple anemone.
    So, do you still need a Geranium 'Nimbus'?, or pink chinodoxa, native Asarum, Campanula 'E H Frost', I still have some Arisaema consanguineum seed, and a patch of mixed seedlings of PC Iris.
    Let me know.
    Judy

• keithaxis
    17 years ago

Can I ask what the Bonney Lake trade is? I live by Safeway there..

Also, I have many extra tomato seedlings if anyone is interested...yellow bradywine, black from tula, black krim, and many others..

• elaine8_gw
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Keithaxis,
    I sent you an e-mail. Hope you got it.
    Elaine

• CathyJ
    17 years ago

Hi, Elaine,

I'll have to go look at my Iris, but mine are either pale or medium blue. Also, can you tell me more about the creeping Pulmonaria? I have never seen this before.

Cathy

• elaine8_gw
    Original Author
    17 years ago

The creeping pulmonaria has a solid green leaf with a blue flower. It doesn't get taller than 6-7" and sends out runners of new plants. It likes shade to part shade and near as I can tell it is probably Pulmonaria augustifolia. I grow mine with Anemone nemorosa and they bloom at about the same time.

Sponsored
Potomac Shores Cabinetry
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Loudoun County's Well-Designed Spaces and Custom Crafted Cabinetry