Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hostaguy

WANTED: Bonney lake trade - Looking for Fragrant Plants

hostaguy
18 years ago

Wanted: Your most fragrant items (anything really) I'm in a Smelly mood this year =)

I have quite a few items to trade, 100+ hostas (just ask), lilacs (Old Time - Light and dark colored purple, white, and Korean), Honeysuckle, Privet (Ligustrum japonicum), Passion vine, Columbines, Hebe's, Golden Flame Spirea, Bridal wreath Spirea, Thyme, boxwood, Stargazer Lilies, Salmon colored quince, Lavender "Lady", Native Sword, bracken Ferns, Old Peonies, Daylilies.

I can do cuttings of items and put them in water for you too (I have Kleims Hardy Gardenia, Spider Azalea, Alpine Dahpne, Carol Mackie Daphne, Star Jasmine.

WANT List: I would really like any of the following Fragrant Beauties (cuttings work too):

Washington State Centennial Azalea

Mt. St. Helens Azalea

or

Rhododendron arborescens . . Sweet Azalea

Rhododendron alabamense . . Alabama Azalea

Rhododendron austrinum

Comments (21)

• hostaguy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hellebores are great too! I don't have even one yet? What's wrong with me?

I'll try to update my Have list on my profile so you can see what Hostas I have to trade.

• natureboy77
    18 years ago

Hello HostaGuy, I have some Hellebores and Smilacina henryi (Fragrant) that I could trade for hostas or check out my list. Please send your Hosta list.
    Thanks, Jake (Natureboy77)
    http://members.gardenweb.com/members/exch/natureboy77

• hostaguy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks Natureboy77 (Jake)!

Hellebores and Smilacina sound great!

My Trades list on my profile now has my Hosta list.

Let me know what you want and I'll do some digging/dividing. There may be a few I have to check on for you before I know exactly what's available, most of these are at my parents house, so I don't always have the closest eye on them.

• elaine8_gw
    18 years ago

Hi Hostaguy,
    I can bring you a fragrant Exbury Azalea for either Big Daddy or Dream Weaver. If you have both Hosta. I can add a Hellebore but won't know the color.
    Elaine

• hostaguy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks Elaine, Exbury sounds fun, what cultivar is it? Flower color?

I'll take inventory on Dream Weaver and Big Daddy - see what if I can spare an eye.

• elaine8_gw
    18 years ago

Exbury are deciduous Azaleas and it will be a yellow/gold. I actually don't have a name since we've been growing them since 1988....back then....I never kept tags or wrote down names. They are the first to bloom and then they develope the foliage after flowering. If you can't split either the Dream Weaver or Big Daddy, let me know what you would have available.
    Thanks, Elaine

• flowerfan2
    18 years ago

Hi Hostaguy, I have lily of the valley, sweet rocket, tall bearded iris, clematis serratifolia(lemon scented), valarian, and a variagated eldeberry with very fragrant blossums. I don't have any eldeberry rooted but I could bring cuttings. I would love to trade for your hostas. LMK if you would like to trade. Thanks! Karen

• hostaguy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Elaine, I did inventory tonight, I only have one solid eye of DreamWeaver (so none to spare) I could spare a piece of Thunderbolt, It's very similar to DreamWeaver.

Now, as for big Daddy, It's may be Big Mama, they tags got mixed up. I know it's Big Something? lol Oh well, maybe Andi can identify it for us, if you still want me to bring some of Big ???? lol

• elaine8_gw
    18 years ago

Hostaguy, Thunderbolt and the mystery mr. or mrs. Big would be great.
    Thank you for trading. Elaine

• elaine8_gw
    18 years ago

Hey there again Hostaguy. I almost forgot about one of my "most" fragrant shrubs. I don't know the true name but I call it is a minature lilac. It smells like the big guys and only grows to a max of 4-5 feet. I can root prune you a start if your interested. Needless to say, I have found another hosta from you list.
    Perhaps you can e-mail me. Thanks, Elaine

• jburesh1388
    18 years ago

Hostaguy,

I have rose "mirandy". It is supposed to be one very fragrant rose and is bright red. If you are interested I would love to trade for hosta if you have some that need dividing esp. Big Daddy, Big Mama, or Guacamole. And if you are interested, I'll have an extra Frances Williams coming from the nursery next week. It was the only one I have that isn't already on your list.

• natureboy77
    18 years ago

Hello Hostaguy, I am interested in any two of these Hosta: Hosta 'Flame Stitch', 'Minuteman', 'Inniswood, 'Pizzazz' and 'Paradigm'.
    I will select out a couple Hellebores and pot up some Smilacina henryi for you.
    Is there anything else your interested in? I do have some extra Daphne mezereum (February Daphne), which in fragrant, if you want to trade more.
    Thanks, Jake

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    18 years ago

Hosta guy would you be interested in Geranium Macrorrhizum? The flowers aren't fragrant, but the foliage sure is! Usually described as "aromatic". I believe the blooms are pink. I would be interested in trading for a peony or hebe (or probably lots of other things!). Email me! Thanks,
    Suzy

• hostaguy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Okay folks, here the trade breakdown (let me know if I'm wrong):

Natureboy77 (Jake)
    I will bring you:
    'Minuteman', 'Inniswood, 'Pizzazz' for sure, I know they're ready for division. Got to check on 'Flame Stitch' 'Paradigm' though. (I will make a nice, rare selection for you if I can't get those specific two.
    You will bring me: Hellebores and Smilacina and the daphne will be great!

-Elain8
    I will bring you:
    Thunderbolt and the mystery Mr. or Mrs. Big
    You will bring me:
    Exbury Azalea and a Hellebore - I think the plant you describe is a korean lilac (I have some of that, so I will pass - thanks though!)

Flowerfan2:
    I will bring you: A piece of a rare hosta beauty, it will be a surprise :)
    You will bring me: Clematis serratifolia (I'll pass on the other stuff, thanks though)

Jburesh1388:
    I will bring you: Guacamole (I have Frances Williams, thanks)
    You will bring me: Rosa "mirandy" Sounds nice

Nightnurse1968:
    I will bring you: Hebe and Peony (hope the peony transplants okay - usually done in the fall) but we will try.
    You will bring me: Geranium Macrorrhizum

Thanks Everyone, Hostaguy (Justin)

• flowerfan2
    18 years ago

That sounds great to me Justin! Thanks for trading! See ya in a couple of weeks. Karen Flowerfan2

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    18 years ago

Thanks Justin looking forward to the trade.

• natureboy77
    18 years ago

Thanks Justin. I will make sure to pick out some nice color forms of the Helleborus x hybridus.
    See ya at the trade.
    Later, Jake

• elaine8_gw
    18 years ago

Thanks for trading Justin.
    See you in a few weeks.
    Elaine

• jburesh1388
    17 years ago

Thanks Justin,

I don't think I caught which trade you are going to?

Thanks,

Jacqueline

• hostaguy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Bonney Lake trade, Jacqueline

• jburesh1388
    17 years ago

duh, it was in the title..... :)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews