Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alaskanamazon

HAVE: For Oly Swap

alaskanamazon
14 years ago

I'll have rooted cuttings of Passiflora caerulea and Mexican Flame Vine. Possibly a couple from Black Elder too.

Plants -

Yarrow 'Terra Cotta'

Vinca major 'Variegated'

Monarda 'Jacob Cline' - this is the true red bee balm

Chocolate Flower

Variegated Aquilegia, 3 kinds - pink flower, purple flower, or blue flower

Aquilegia 'Chocolate Soldier'

Chives

Spearmint

Horehound

Motherwort

Echinacea 'Magnus'

Various carnivorous plants, both indoor (tropical) and outdoor (temperate). Let me know what you are looking for. Please do a bit of research on their care first. They can't be grown like a standard garden plant. - http://www.sarracenia.com/faq.html - good place to learn about them :-)

Comments (13)

• oliveoyl3
    14 years ago

Would you like a bunch of pots & trays in trade for your perennial list posted? You've been generous before with your plants & helped us load up at GE in March, so I can repay a bit now with bunches of 2", 4", quart, gallon square & round. Just tell me what you'd like.

By the way the chives you gave me in March have been fantastic! We divided them, put them around the front of the SFG beds, & have been eating them ever since. They are huge in comparison to our garlic chives just getting growing again. Hubby says we should grow more of 'em.

Corrine

• dawiff
    14 years ago

I would love to have some of your variegated Aquilegia, what are you looking for in trade?

• bejoy2
    14 years ago

Is the chocolate flower the yellow one that smells like chocolate (Berlandiera lyrata), or is it the chocolate cosmos (Cosmos atrosanguineus)? I'd love to have the Berlandiera if you have it! And my Chocolate Soldier Columbine didn't come back, so I'd love one of those, too! I'm hoping to get my page updated later today with the plants I have available for trade.
    Thanks,
    Tammy

• alaskanamazon
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Bejoy2 - The Chocolate Flower is Berlandiera :-)

Corrine- I'm glad the chives are doing well for you! I have no idea what variety they are, my plants originally came from my inlaws homestead :-)

dawiff- I'm looking for a wide variety of things. I attached a link to my want list on Google Docs.

Here is a link that might be useful: Want List

• dawiff
    14 years ago

Alaskanamazon, I have some sprouts of Dianthus barbatus 'Sooty' and Lupine 'Morello Cherry.' Right now they are just babies with seed leaves, but hopefully by April 24 they'll be bigger and have true leaves. I've heard Lupine prefers to be planted early, and doesn't transplant well because of a taproot, so you're probably best getting that as sprouts anyway.

• bejoy2
    14 years ago

Ooooh, can I have a Berlandiera and a chocolate soldier columbine? I have posted a list of the plants I have available to trade. Let me know if you see anything you want.
    Thanks,
    Tammy/bejoy2

Here is a link that might be useful: My Trade List

• oliveoyl3
    14 years ago

Alaskanamazon, I checked your list & have a few things recently transplanted, but could dig up if you think they'd wouldn't mind it. I've usually left plants in place for at least 6 months.
    -corydalis, yellow (enough for 4" pot)
    -yarrow, mystery color
    -yarrow, terra cotta (Could we swap some of that this fall if it's ready to be dug into? or next spring?

I know you have loads of sunshine, so I have a artemesia limelight or something that (variegated wormwood) I just recently divided & potted up in 2" pots. They're tiny starts, but should grow quickly according to what I've read.

Do you want some trays and/or pots?

Corrine

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    14 years ago

Hi There,
    I'd love one of your echinacea. Are you looking for anything special? I don't have my list up yet, but have quite a few perennials I can dig. Will get my list up in the next week. Thanks!
    Susan

• garden_of_mu
    14 years ago

I would love a start of your passiflora. I'm bringing a wide variety of Pacific Coast irises if you're interested. Or if you have a wishlist I'd be happy to see what I might have in the garden that would fit your needs.

Mike

• jools42
    14 years ago

Hi!

I'd love an Aquilegia 'Chocolate Soldier' ! I don't have anything on your want list, but maybe you can find something on my Have list. Thanks!

Julie

• oliveoyl3
    14 years ago

Alaskanamazon - check your email. I want to verify our trade & make sure I pack up what you need.

Corrine

• readytogrow
    14 years ago

Have:
    Chives
    Comfrey
    Collards
    Shallots
    Seed potatoes (yellow finn, rose apple finn (fingerling), yellow banana (fingerling)

• alaskanamazon
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I have sent e-mails to everyone. If you haven't heard back from me on a swap then please send me an e-mail through GW - don't post here because I won't see it in time.

I'll check my e-mail before I leave in the AM but won't have time to check GardenWeb too..