Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pixydish

HAVE: Newcastle swap trade list

pixydish
16 years ago

I probably will not be there for the party/swap, unfortunately, but my plants will be there. Rachel is bringing them up in her mantruck. Since she is doing me a favor, if you would like something from my list, please seek her out and facilitate the trade rather than waiting for her to find you. She will be busy with her own trades. If you would like something, I will put your name on a tag in the pot for you.

I am looking for hostas for my friend in Pakistan. Actually, just about any cool hostas would do. He is a hosta nut and cannot buy them there. He had about 20 plants and someone stole most of them.

Hosta Earth Angel

Hosta Hollywood Lights

I am also interested in having:

more sweet woodruff

white pulmonaria, or pulmonaria with completely silver leaves

short epimidiums

other hostas

heucheras I do not already have

vegetable starts from varieties you know do well up here

plain colored hot pokers - like a plain cream or yellow one, or plain red.

If you don't have anything to trade, or don't have anything I need right now, no worries. I don't have to have a trade.

To trade: These are seedlings from this year. Many are small but all have at least two sets of true leaves and are doing well. The perennials, such as the columbine, you may want to keep potted until next year. The Puya alpestris is hardy to zone 9 and needs to be potted. It takes a few years to grow to maturity.

[HYPERLINK@www.anniesannuals.com]

[HYPERLINK@www.anniesannuals.com]

[HYPERLINK@www.anniesannuals.com] (takes 3 years or so to bloom, needs to be in a pot. Zone denial to zone 9 plant. I have a LOT of these. I had excellent germination)

Helenium atumnale

Nicotiana 'perfect mix' from select seeds

Aquilegia flatulala nana

Lotus crassifolius oteyensis [HYPERLINK@www.anniesannuals.com]

Datura 'black current' - 2 taken already

Chenopodium - Strawberry sticks

Other plants, mostly 1 gallon size:

Climbing rose Bobbie James (from Heronswood)

Philadelphus delavayi var. purpurescens (from Heronswood)

Baby smoke trees from my trees

Empress Tree

Golden Chain tree (2)(heronswood)

Water oak (heronswood)

Betula utilis (heronswood)

Native dogwood that makes a small tree or a large shrub. Mine is a beautiful tree, now the star of a woodland garden.

snakebark maple - acer cappillaris (heronswood)

Ribes sanguineum - the native one, rooted cuttings from my shrub.

Also may have some rooted hydrangea cuttings to send. Will check on Friday.

Water lilies - not completely sure of the cultivar since the fish remove my tags. Probably Colorado is one.

Comments (36)

• jburesh1388
    16 years ago

I'll dig up some sweet woodruff for you. And if you want onion starts I have red, white, and yellow.

• treepalm
    16 years ago

Hello Pixydish,
    I would love a smoke tree baby. I have a list up, plus I've dug some variegated iris, a cape fuschia baby (must look up the name), a very nice PC iris, and one more thing that is variegated that I can't think of the name of right now!
    Thanks,
    Teresa

• pixydish
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'd love some red onion starts, Jacqueline. And thanks for the sweet woodruff. Have your trade all boxed for you.

Treepalm, you've got a baby smoke tree! A PC iris would be excellent, thanks.

• treepalm
    16 years ago

You've got it.
    Teresa

• albabela
    16 years ago

Melissa,
    I can't attend the trade either, but I can't resist your plants! I can dig up a huge hosta for your buddy and can leave it with treepalm and she can deliver it to Rachel.
    I would love to have the betula and the philadelphus.
    (I think at one of the grn elephants we talked about having an in person trade/visit since I am on the eastside - let me know if that works for you after April.)
    -Shilpa

• pixydish
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Shilpa, that works fine. I've put your name on the betula and the philadelphus. Thanks! Which hosta do you have?

• pixydish
    Original Author
    16 years ago

1 gallon Echium wildpretti - probably will bloom this year

• flowerfan2
    16 years ago

Hi Pixydish, I am interested in 1 of your snakebark maples and 2 of your Aquilegia nana. I have sweet woodruff, hosta Golden prayers and Royal standard. I have white flowering pulmonaria. I also have other plants on my trade list. LMK Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: Karen's trade list

• kellycomposter
    16 years ago

Hi Pixydish-

I would love the dogwood and would trade for hens and chicks, also just got some interesting looking cactus plants or check out my trade list. Thanks, Kelly

• purplelotus
    16 years ago

hi
    Lotus crassifolius oteyensis ..is this a lotus? google search could not find it. If it is lotus I would love to have it and waterlilies. I can get some leek plants, and hot poker..not sure of its color, hasn't flowered yet.

• pixydish
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Flowerfan: Hosta 'golden prayers' would be excellent! Thank you. I have two or more of the Aquilegia for you. Unfortunately, the maple is already given away. This list is posted on DG as well.I will post what's gone on the list after this post. Is there something else you would like?

Kellycomposter: I have the dogwood for you. I don't think you have anything I need just now, but that's okay. I've got your name on the dogwood.

Purplelotus: here is a link to Lotus crassifolius oteyensis:http://www.calflora.org/cgi-bin/species_query.cgi?where-calrecnum=5034
    It is in a different genus than water lotus. But I have waterlilies I can send for you. No trade required. I don't think I can do leeks justice, and I already have several pokers, so I would need to know the color. Glad to give you some lilies. I have too many of them.

• pixydish
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Still have everything but the Betula utilis, snakebark maple, Philadelphus, native dogwood

• Doris_J
    16 years ago

I would love some of your Ribes cuttings. I'll find a goodie for you!

• albabela
    16 years ago

Pixydish, I think it is called "albo-marginata". The leaves have white margins. I can dig it up and leave it with Teresa.
    -Shilpa

• plantknitter
    16 years ago

I love to have the water oak and the golden chain tree.

Also just curious, what are the first 3 plants listed? the hyperlinks are not working.

I can bring you a Sisrynchium striatum and a tall pink aster(Pat Ballard), and Epimedium pauciflorum if you still need those and/or some other treasure to make it equal.

PNWJudy

• pixydish
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Judy, the water oak and golden chain tree are yours. I would love some of the aster and the epimedium. Thank you!

Also, thanks for telling me about the links. Those are such cool plants, I wondered why no one was asking for them. I will make another post.

• pixydish
    Original Author
    16 years ago

https://www.anniesannuals.com/signs/p%20-%20r/petromarula_pinnata.htm

http://www.anniesannuals.com/signs/n/nepeta_tuberosa.htm

http://www.anniesannuals.com/signs/p%20-%20r/puya_alpestris.htm

these seeds were all germinated this year so the plants are small, but each have at least a set of true leaves. The puyas are so cool!

• treepalm
    16 years ago

Now you did it, I need more plants! I would love a Petromarula pinnata and a Nepeta tuberosa(2 if you have lots). What else can I bring you?
    Teresa

• plantknitter
    16 years ago

well then, golly, I'd love to try one of each!

Do you NOT want any Sisrynchium, then?

Judy

• plantknitter
    16 years ago

I did not get an email from you that you indicated you sent on Jackie's post.
    try using : jbracik AT msn DOT com

• albabela
    16 years ago

That Puya is certainly freak...ishly cool.

• treepalm
    16 years ago

Yeah, I wish it was zone 8!
    Teresa

• treepalm
    16 years ago

Pixydish,
    I have some salvia argentea seedlings from last year that are in small pots and need a good home. I didn't think they made it, but I see some new growth coming on.
    Teresa

• pixydish
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I will get back to each of you later this afternoon. Should have plenty.
    Plantknitter, I was interested in your Chaerophyllum 'Roseum'. emailed you through the link on your GW name. If you have one of these, I would love to trade if there is something you like that I still have.

• pixydish
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Theresa, no problem. I think I have enough for you to have two of the Nepeta tuberosa. I don't see anything on your trade list that I need, but I haven't checked to see if you have a thread. I'll let you know if I find something, otherwise don't worry about it. I already have Salvia argentea, but thanks just the same.

Doris, I will send Ribes cuttings for you, but they are not rooted. The rooted ones are gone. They are close, though.

Plantknitter, no, I have the sysrinchium now. Guess I better update 'my page'. I don't post much here except during the trade season so that was from last year. I have the Puya, nepeta, and petromarula for you.

• treepalm
    16 years ago

Hello Pixydish,
    I do have a thread. Here are a few things that I have dug since:
    Variegated soapwort-couldn't find a tag, but I think that was it-deep red tiny flowers

chaenomeles Japonica cameo-cutting from Jan.(found the tag!)

variegated iris

tall variegated sedum-haven't seen anyplace else
    Teresa

• pixydish
    Original Author
    16 years ago

super, Teresa! I would love the soapwort and the tall sedum. Thanks! Got your trade all ready for you.

• treepalm
    16 years ago

Ok,
    I've got you down, and thanks!
    Teresa

• flowerfan2
    16 years ago

Hi Pixydish, I am interested in your catmint also. If you have one left I would love one. What else can I bring you? Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: Karen's trade list

• kirklandgal
    16 years ago

I have catmint that I am bringing too. When I dug up a few sections for someone for the trade, there was a huge clump of roots,etc so I just divided all them into separate pots. I'm bringing 10 3in sq containers of it. Plenty to share - no trade necc. Some of these have top growth, some don't, but even wtihout leaves on the top, it will sprout and do fine. This has been a great plant to spread around my yard. I started with one plant about 6-7 years ago. Not invasive though. Between that and the orgeano I have everywhere - the bees LOVE my place! ;)

• pixydish
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Karen, I assume it's the Nepeta tuberosa you are interested in? No problem. Again, these are from seed germinated this year, so they likely need to stay potted until summer or until next year.

Your trade list is an eyeful! If you have an extra Anemone nemorosa 'vestal' or a Colchium 'waterlily', I'd love either of those. Thanks.

• pixydish
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Treepalm: baby smoke tree, Petromarula, Nepeta (possibly 2)

Shilpa: Betula utilis, Philadelphus

Patrick: Ribes sanguineum, Betula utilis, Passiflora, Salvia, Sungold tomato, lavatera cuttings

Flowerfan: aquilegia (2), Nepeta tuberosa

Kellycomposter: dogwood

Purplelotus: water lily

Plantknitter: water oak, golden chain tree, Puya alpestris, Nepeta tuberosa, Petromarula pinnata

Please, if I missed you, post here and repost what I am to send for you. Jacqui, I think we did most of our trading on the other website but if you have a list of what I'm sending for you, please post it here so I'll have it in one place. I would hate to forget something.

• jburesh1388
    16 years ago

ha! I've just barely managed to keep track of what I'm giving out. I haven't made a list of what I'm getting in. Here's what I think though: LOL

Ribes sanguineum
    Baby smoke tree
    Native dogwood
    Nepeta tuberosa
    Aquilegia flatulata nana

Below is what I have down for you:
    a flat of sweet woodruff (you have some from Annie too)
    rhubarb
    oriental limelight artemesia
    onion starts
    2 jars apple butter
    1 jar peach jam

• flowerfan2
    16 years ago

Hi Pixydish, I will bring you the Anemone Vestal and the golden prayers hosta for the Nepata tuberosa and the columbine. Thanks for trading. Karen

• pixydish
    Original Author
    16 years ago

excellent, Karen! Thanks!

Ooh, Peach Jam! Right on. I'll have to hide it from my son.

• pixydish
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you so much everyone, for the cool trades! I hope you had a great time at the party.