Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: For my sister

Posted by treepalm z8WA (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 21, 07 at 13:22

My sister has caught gardening fever. This is her list. I will trade for any contributions! I'm really going to dig today. REALLY!

bamboo-mixture of varties
lupines
caladium
golden calibrachoa
"blue hill" salvia
lavendar verbena
dracaena spike
violas
blue daisies of felicia "astrid Thomas"
ruddy sedums
golden creeping jenny
azalea "narciss flora" (up to 6')
ajuga "chocolate chip" (perennial ground cover)
violas
pansies
primiulas
snapdragons
Ground Covers to carpet planters
ajuga
low sedums
creeping jenny
dicentra (bright pink)
geranium (purple)
hyssopus officinalis (dark purple)
aster (purplish) short
echinacea (bright pink)
liatris (white spikes)
perovskia atriplicifolia (lavender purple)
buddlija (tall bergandy)
alcea rosea pastorale mix (tall like hollyhocks)
basil
dill
garlic
parsley
oregano
rosemary
blue bugle
primrose
pansies
angelface blue angelonia (summer snapdragon)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: For my sister

Hiya Teresa,
I can bring your sister some sedums, ajuga and a piece of a purple aster that grows in a neat round ball..huge ball..but a ball none the less. It gets about 3 ft tall. Its this short enough? It gets just covered in blooms in September.

Is there anything you need from my list? I am really looking forward to the trade and coming to your house again. Thanks,
Susan

o

Susan, If it isn't short enough for her, I'll keep it! I see you want some pink toadflax. I'm trying to get all my plants in the ground, so I'm trying to limit myself this time.
Teresa

o

I will bring some Oregano. No trade needed.

Balraj

o

• Posted by drtdgr z8PNWTacoma (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 22, 07 at 0:01

Teresa, I'll set aside a coneflower seedling, viola 'Freckles' and geranium 'Bill Wallis' which is deep purple for sis. No trade necessary. Susan

o
Plant madness

• Posted by drtdgr z8PNWTacoma (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 22, 07 at 0:12

Teresa, Oh dear. I am such a plant floozy. I'd like some of the yellow trumpet vine and I'll also bring some bamboo.

Susan

o

Thanks Everyone! My sister is going to be thrilled.

Susan, I'm glad to save you a trumpet vine. I babied them inside thru the winter, so near a year old.

Teresa

o

I've got the Golden Creeping Jenny, and I'm sure I have others, too. No trade needed!

o

Thanks Doris!

o

Teresa, I'll bring your sister some low growing sedum with yellow flowers, violas and ajuga.

Could you give me some clematis?

Thanks!
Judy

o

Hello Judy,
I haven't found any clematis seedlings yet this year. I've started some non-climbing clematis integrifolia from seed last year. Would you like one of those?
Thanks,
Teresa

o

Sure, I'll try one.

Thanks

o

Thanks, Judy. I've got one put aside for you.
Teresa

o

Teresa,
I can put aside Basil seedlings,Echinacea, Blue star creeper, Caitlin's ajuga, Orion and Wargrave's pink geranium plus some low growing sedums.
-Shilpa

o

I have some ajuga..unknown variety..and a couple Primroses for your sister if she would still like some? I do have some running bamboo..dwarf green is she wants that..but I sure would not put it in a garden. I did when I was a very green newbie year's ago. OOPS! Still fighting it.!

o

Hi Teresa,

I can bring the aster (purplish) short, garlic ,oregano, marjoram,yellow flower evening primrose and may be flat leaf parsley. No trade necessary.

Sangeeta

o

Thanks Shilpa, bejoy and Sangeeta!

Bejoy, I did call my sister and all bamboo is going in pots and she would love some.

o

Good..will bring a pot of it for your sister.

o

Bejoy, she would like the primroses, if you still have time to dig them. I'm sorry, I forgot to let you know.
Teresa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska and British Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here